Vanquis Credit Card Payment Reversal

shalzak
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2680 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all - hoping someone can give me some guidance.

Back in June, I withdrew £200 in cash from my Credit Card as my daughter was going away and urgently needed funds. She agreed to pay me back when the statement came in the following month.

So, she paid the £200 back in July directly to my credit card and we have since fallen out - basically over her lifestyle and dishonesty pertaining to it.

Anyway, the upshot is, Vanquis have reversed the payment this month and debited the account as she has disputed the transaction saying that she doesn't recognise the payment.

I'm not sure I can do anything about this at all but thought I'd check with you knowledgeable lot for any ideas! I would mention that my credit card and her bank card both have the same surname and at the time, I think, the same address.

Looking forward to people's thoughts - thank you :-)

Well I'm very sorry that you're having this kind of family dispute. These things can be very ugly and because lasting damage amongst family relations.

I suppose that there are all sorts of formal routes that you could take that might it not be best to start trying to talk gently with your daughter to try and restore a bit of the relationship between you. I suppose if that fails then maybe your next step might be to remind her that it won't be difficult to establish with the bank that she did make the payment in repayment of the loan you made her because you have evidence of the loan and presumably the credit card company will have their own evidence that she – either made the payment in person over a bank counter, or else made the payment through her own computer terminal. I'm quite sure the source of the payment would be easily traceable.

You could then point out to your daughter that once this is established, her bank is quite likely to close her account.

Of course, the final thing you could do is simply let it go and make sure you don't lend her any money again in the future.

Well I'm very sorry that you're having this kind of family dispute. These things can be very ugly and because lasting damage amongst family relations.

I suppose that there are all sorts of formal routes that you could take that might it not be best to start trying to talk gently with your daughter to try and restore a bit of the relationship between you. I suppose if that fails then maybe your next step might be to remind her that it won't be difficult to establish with the bank that she did make the payment in repayment of the loan you made her because you have evidence of the loan and presumably the credit card company will have their own evidence that she – either made the payment in person over a bank counter, or else made the payment through her own computer terminal. I'm quite sure the source of the payment would be easily traceable.

You could then point out to your daughter that once this is established, her bank is quite likely to close her account.

Of course, the final thing you could do is simply let it go and make sure you don't lend her any money again in the future.

+1

I feel for you, your daughter shouldn't have put you in this situation.....

I do agree with BF post above, maybe try speaking to your daughter before going down the other avenues.

I do hope you manage to get this sorted without your relationship getting worse.

Good luck!

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every single minute of it!!

Thanks for your advice - the ship has sailed, at the present time, for any kind of gentle talk. We haven't seen each other since June with no hope of repair of the relationship until she realises how much we do love her - which will take a big helping of me admitting that I've over-protected her, mollycoddled her and generally made my own bed!

Unfortunately, when you consistently try to over compensate for your own childhood, you run the risk of ruining the next generation too. £200 is a mere drop in the ocean compared to the thousands that she has categorically stated that she is not paying back - I thought I'd ask for people's advice as this last £200 is the straw that, nearly, broke the camel's back!

I'm going to go back to sucking it up and carry on paying the debts that this daughter has left me in along with the other few thousand that my other daughter and ex-boyfriend have also recently left me in (no kidding, this crap is real!). Oh well, life's short - money is fluid and we can't take it with us.

Thank you again for your help :) x