Cabot - Black Friday offer

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2643 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just wanted to post

that I received a "special offer" from cabot saying any payment I make on Black Friday they will triple it to reduce balance i.e. I pay £100 they reduce balance by £300. It's an old unsecured credit card last paid in 2012 which defaulted on credit report in 2013.

Thought this info may be useful to anyone currently negotiating with them that did not get this offer

They make that offer because the debt they are chasing is a lemon debt and unenforceable. Do not accept it as it is a trick to extort money from you.

its not different to the normal stupid discount offers you will get. Except this is worded differently to make you think theyre doing you a favour.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

hoping this letter has attached correctly.

I previously sent a letter requesting original agreement which they sent me.

that was 2012 when it was last paid.

I have not communicated since.

Was going to take them up on the offer as im not sure why it would be unenforcable unless they are unsure this is my address to serve court papers?

image1.jpg

When did you request the CCA. WHo told you it was enforceable? The letter is no different that a discount letter. And a discount letter from cabot means its 100% unenforceable

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

I requested it from original lender in 2012 when i was made redundant and in a bit of a financial mess, they sent me a copy of my signature on the credit agreement.

I ignored them since..

Im now back on track with work and all priority bills, I have had 2 court summonds this year from other unsecured crediters and managed to settle 1 at a lesser amount and the other i have applied for a time to pay based on my income/outgoings..

I was worried about this one because of the amount outstanding. I wanted to show the letter incase other people who are currently in arrangement with Cabot that didnt get one they could mention it to them to try get a further reduction.

When was the original agreement taken out, it must be as near as dammit unenforceable if Cabot has the debt, the "discount" is a strong indicator in that direction.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

it was taken out around 2003/2004 was paid regular until lost my job in 2012.

I have been receiving discount offers from many debt collection agencies regarding other debts lately ranging from 20-40% off. The Cabot one is my largest debt.

I wondered if these companies are offering and sending to the last known address they have for me because they are unsure or my whereabouts (I am no longer on the electrol roll as I got married and my name changed)

Im keen to sort all my finances out now im getting back on track.

CCA to each one me thinks?

you really need to ensure your creditors know your correct name/address!!

else you open yourself up to backdoor CCJ's even if the debt is statute barred or not enforceable

the days of doing the old hiding act are long gone

question your logic on paying them off too

simply resets the sb date and if theres not already a default marked

opens your up to being chased on the rest of the debt no matter what their letters say.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

it was taken out around 2003/2004 was paid regular until lost my job in 2012.

I have been receiving discount offers from many debt collection agencies regarding other debts lately ranging from 20-40% off. The Cabot one is my largest debt.

I wondered if these companies are offering and sending to the last known address they have for me because they are unsure or my whereabouts (I am no longer on the electrol roll as I got married and my name changed)

Im keen to sort all my finances out now im getting back on track.

A debt that old, theyd need the original cca and t&c's in full. Cabot wont be able to get that.

Youre getting discount letters because theyre bluffing you into paying> Discount letters 99.9999999999% of the time means the debt is a lemon debt and they KNOW they can never get any money from you.

There's so much evidence just from your info here that the debt is unenforceable.

That's why they're passing the debt around to multiple dca's. They're saying to each other.... here's a possible mug that might cough up. Try your luck.

And yes that's what they think. They're not professional or reputable companies at all. They buy debts for pennies in the pound and resort to any level to try and get the full amount from you even when they are not legally entitled to it

Desperate times call for desperate measures:roll:...its also a method to get you to acknowledge the debt and stop the clock.....should you fall for it.

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Just had a thought?

What if you were to pay £100 and do chargeback haha?

Would they pay your debt for you :p

Doubt it but you would have acknowledged the debt...even with the refund..if you could get a refund

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Doubt it but you would have acknowledged the debt...even with the refund..if you could get a refund

Alas very true. Like i said, this letter can go with the Lowell Council Tax Break letter from a few years ago.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

You have to admire their gumption though ....... if it is SB'd, then they are getting "something for nothing" if someone responds as they wouldn't otherwise be able to enforce a penny.

If a debt isn't SB'd, they are getting a reset of the SB clock by getting a payment, and since they'll have paid pennies in the pound, they are still making a profit if they get the whole thing paid off at the 33% rate, and if the whole sum isn't paid off, anything not paid off isn't SB'd for a further 6 years, and they would claim it 100%...

As ever, "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably isn't true!"

oh yeah, by accepting their wonderful offer the 6 years would restart and they would either sell on or start demanding the full amount with menaces!!! mine was statute barred back in 1998!!! havent heard from them since 98 and now today!!! you have to admire their persistence and their downright underhand methods!!!

oh yeah, by accepting their wonderful offer the 6 years would restart and they would either sell on or start demanding the full amount with menaces!!! mine was statute barred back in 1998!!! havent heard from them since 98 and now today!!! you have to admire their persistence and their downright underhand methods!!!

Once it is SB'd, it can't become un-SB'd, even by a payment.

However, if SB'd : why pay anything to a lowlife DCA?

If you weren't in a position to pay an original creditor, and the OC had behaved honourably, and you then feel a moral obligation to pay a SB'd debt if your circumstances have improved sufficiently, pay the OC!

If the OC has sold it on to a DCA : where is the moral onligation?.

If you have told them previously that you are not paying due to it being sb

report their nonsense to the FCA for being in breach of CONC 7.15.8

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

• 1 month later...

Will Cabots Know its a 'lemon' debt ? how do they know and when do they determine this, Say I was the Cabot boss and have just purchased a load of lemons which lowell sold me cos they cant collect on, or are unenforceable. When do I tell my staff...OK these are worth a try, lets see what we can get from these halfwits, whatever you get then you can have half the amount for commission. Is that how it all works ?

If this is the case of a 'Lemon' then why do they offer a discount then advise you they have passed the 'lemon' to their solicitors, Mortimer Clarke whom I believe sit at the opposite desk.

Looking forward to the answers to my question to help me understand this scenario.

Thank you

Mr

Regards..Mr Worried :)

They know very well when a debt is enforceable or not. However, they have total disregard for regulation or guidance. ALl dca's do. THey j ust want the money, no matter how they get it.

Why do you think they offer 50% or even 90% discounts. They know. They dont care. They want money.

They know very well when a debt is enforceable or not. However, they have total disregard for regulation or guidance. ALl dca's do. THey j ust want the money, no matter how they get it.

Why do you think they offer 50% or even 90% discounts. They know. They dont care. They want money.

so after numerous threatograms and now Their in house Sol. they know it cant go to court?

Regards..Mr Worried :)