Misread Sign and Napier FCN received - civic drive ipswich

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2632 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

this is PP for the development and includes lighting but not the signage added later by the parking cowboys.

They will have to had separate permission once the place was up and running.

This seems to be a point that many people are missing and that includes most councils.

Just because somehting can be free and isnt enforced doesnt mean you can ignore the law or it hasnt been broken.

Most motorists speed for a short while and never get caught but that hasnt changed the law on speeding to make it legal!

you can ask them but the thing is that it is for the parking co to PROVE they have the right to offer contracts so if they dont have PP they are stuffed.

It is not for you to prove they are in the wrong but knowing whether they asked the council in the first place will be useful to know.

Dont get into a long discussion about "deemed consent" or the like, it is not applicable

but most councils have bigger things to fret over so say anything to close the enquiry

i have the name and number of the chap who is in charge of planning etc ,

what do you suggest > leave it and see if Napier persue it ( which i expect they will ) or appeal it.

if i appeal it though ,

would the grounds be that i contest the charge based on the fact the signage is misleading due to not CLEARLY displaying the terms of the contract being offered ?

thanks again

in these matters you make them do the work.

Most people who come here in a pickle are in that position because they hurried things in the vain hope that decency would prevail then it never does.

By all means ask the council bod about it but dont spend for ever worrying if they say somehting like it isnt needed because the law as written says it does but there are no real penalites for not complying.

As for the parking co,

yes, I would make them do the running and when it looks like it is getting critical let them know that you are no pushover and create that paper trail that lets them know that you arent burying your head in the sand.

To contact them first will make them think that you are minded to pay up if they try a little harder so they will.