Misread Sign and Napier FCN received - civic drive ipswich

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2633 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Peeps

other day i received a charge notice after parking at a napier car park in civic drive ipswich .

Dad is a blue badge holder .

I checked the board but due to the height and my not so perfect eye sight i misread the line "blue badge holders are not exempt from these charges" as " blue bagde holders ARE exempt from these charges .

whats the likelyhood of a sucessful appeal on this one ?

thanks in advance

Hi,

If this was a windscreen ticket, do nothing until the Notice to Keeper has arrived. This should be between 29 and 56 days after the event.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

as post 4

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...

Have a read around. This is a self help site. There are plenty of threads that deal with your exact issue. If you get stuck, show us what you found and your interpretation and we can advise

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

scan it up to pdf please

follow upload

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

attachment rotated and converted to pdf

and they

Hi

This should have been done at the start of this thread.

Can you give us the answers to this post.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?462118-Have-you-received-a-Parking-Ticket-(1-Viewing)-nbsp

Was the disabled badge prominently shown.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

One more thing, The IPC code of practice state.

Under the Equality Act 2010 it is your duty to make “reasonable adjustments” to assist

disabled people to use any services you provide. It is incumbent on operators to

determine what is necessary on their individual sites. Adjustments could include

lowered pay and display meters, lowered signage and wider parking bays marked

specifcally for disabled drivers

Were there lowered signs?

Hi

This should have been done at the start of this thread.

Can you give us the answers to this post.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?462118-Have-you-received-a-Parking-Ticket-(1-Viewing)-nbsp

Was the disabled badge prominently shown.

Yes both parts to it. Id card and time card

One more thing, The IPC code of practice state.

Were there lowered signs?

No all at the same height

It doesn't matter as you will get rejected by Napier anyway. Any appeal to the IAS will also result in a rejection as they are so biased, it's untrue.

What is likely to happen is that you will get more begging letters but nothing of any concern. In the 9 months to September 16, Napier issued just over 10.5k tickets nd took court action once. I suspect they lost that case as if they had won, tey would have been more confident on taking more to court.

As I see it, I would sit on my hands and the only time to do anything is if a Letter Before Action (LBA) or a court claim arrives.

OK, NTK is POFA compliant so any argument will be over the signage.

You say that you misread it,

this leads to the questions of how big were the signs and how big was the small print?

Also were the signs at the entrance to the car park different to the signs scattered about and what does the blurb on the ticket machine say?

To form a contract at the outset the signage must have all of the details of the contract offered and the signs must essentially all be the same.

The wording on the ticket machine, if different to the signage is the bit that offers the contract and is only entered into when you put your money in the machine.

If you dont feed the meter and the signs say "see machine for conditions" or the like then if you ignore them you are trespassing and that is not a contractual matter with the parking co.

by misreading the signage you havent actualy entered into a contract becasue you didnt pay unless the signs have the same wording as the machine.

Would I appeal?

Not without revisiting the site and photographing the signs and pay meter and after that only to say that no contract formed and they can get tae the back of the bus.

Thanks for the reply,

I would as you say have to revisit as I never bought a ticket after reading the sign.

But what your saying is that unless there is a sign identical to the one I read then no contract was formed

no,

I am saying that the sign may not be a contract but an invitation to treat

and that allows you to not have to accept its terms but to make other enquiries or considerations.

Once you put money into the machine the contract is formed but uo to that point you havent agreed to anything.

The wording of the signage then becomes vital to knowing what you are being offered and whether you accet it or not,

the critical thing is that you dont have to accept it but can still park there with the risk of being a trespasser.

the signs contain the information needed

but as you say, they are a sod to read so can you estimate their height above the ground?

I presume the one next to the ticket machine is the same wording as the others.

Can you also tell us how long the co has been running this car park and who owns the land?

The former will help regarding whether they have planning permission for their signs and if they dont they are breaking the law.

Criminal activity=no contract can be formed.

If a recent enterprise the PP will be listed on the council planning portal,

most councils have these but some only go back a couple of years for online searches so you may have to ask them.

For the second point there is an argument about whether the size and colour of the writing can lead to condusion or problems reading and understanding the contract offered (consideration and acceptance).

This is always something that is subjective and no-one can sat that such and such is OK but so and so isnt so the planning matter will be the killer for them

I would estimate the bottom of the sign must be 7ft from ground level. As I said I'm 6ft and I can stand comfortably under it. Yes the signage by the machine is identical but in all honesty I don't think the lettering on that is big enough either.

Regarding how long they have been there I don't know. The car park used to be used as a market a few years ago and was owned by wolsey theatre. Don't know if the sold it or they lease it to napier? ?

then look at the planning portal and see it it is listed.

It is usual for parking co's to claim deemed consent but if you read what is allowed under deemed consent their signs dont fit with any of it so express consent needed.

Ultimately this is an easier argument but like the wording on a sign offering a contract it is all down to how someone else interprets it and you can bet that whoever considers this wont be an expert on planning and contract law.