• Tweets

• Fkofilee, I'd appreciate if you can guide me through what to do.   The first step is to request 3 credit files? I need to request from eqafax? Appreciate your help to put a complaint through once i request all 3 credit files 
    • Lookinforinfo - many thanks for your very helpful posts and advice. You must have missed it but i already found the excel vs wilkinson document on another site so its printed off too. As dave has suggested i will email it to the court on Sunday afternoon   FTmdave - i cant thank you enough for what you have done, im very impressed with how professional it has been done and very factual. This is amazing indeed. i Will do as you suggest and send an email to the court on Sunday afternoon. I will pop over with a paper version for peace of mind. Is there anything i need to include for - 23.8 (exhibit 3)? When it comes to sending the WS to UKPC, is it only the WS i send or is it everything?    
    • I wonder if Government ministers were aware of there being issues with the Horizon system at the time prosecutions were taking place.   And senior Post Office Management are relying on Government not wanting there to be criminal investigations that go too far. As those Ministers may be dragged into it.  I find it difficult to believe that nobody in Government had knowledge at the time of remote access and poor robustness of Horizons accounts systems.    
    • I think the issue here is more taking it higher.  A credit reference agency has mixed up your details with another member of your family - Would you have guessed that I have had to deal with this for a couple of people in my family before?  They both ended with a payout of £250 each as a result of this. (Transunion) was the culprit  I can help you put together a complaint along with relevant forms if you like. But you need to get all 3 of your Credit Files and find out how deep it goes with the mixup. 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Self Employed Driving Work - Not Been Paid

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2683 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I am looking for some advice. I have been working for an independent company since early April doing self employed driving work (trade plating) The working week agreed was from Thursday to Wednesday with payment due the following Saturday (10 days later). Any expenses incurred for fuel and travel would also be paid in at this point. If short which on occasion I was my boss would help me with money to fuel vehicles which would be deductible from the first available wage. My boss was regularly late with payments most often citing cashflow problems as the reason. He did eventually pay what was due (well according to him anyway) so I never really bothered although I would consistently chase him for late payments. A car went missing from his yard on Tuesday 11th October. The yard is accessible to anyone with limited security and keys are often planted on wheels or in other vehicles. To cut a long story short I was accused of stealing the vehicle. I did not steal the vehicle told him this and continued to work for him, as I needed the money. Since this point the relationship was frosty. Some of the treatment I got was verging on bullying the wages became even less consistent. I was still chasing and was getting small payments here and there but never what I was due in full. Things came to a head on Wednesday 2nd November - he told me I was no longer working for him. He accused me of being late which meant late delivery of vehicles which meant he lost out on money. I was not late, I do admit to being late on previous occasion but was not this particular date - another driver was which I stated to my boss Anyway there was no changing this decision however I was still owed three weeks wages and told him I wanted these paid asap What I was owed at this point were the following weeks Thurs 13th Oct to Weds 19th Oct - Due 30th Oct Thurs 20th Oct to Weds 26th Oct - Due 5th Nov Thurs 27th Oct to Weds 2nd Nov - Due 12th Nov I also believe I was paid short the previous week also, coincidentally the week the vehicle went missing from the yard. I have no way of checking this as I never in 7 months working for him received a wage slip. Only once in that 7 month period did I receive a breakdown on what the split on my payment was ie. Wage, Fuel, Travel Expense I contacted my boss on Friday 4th November chasing the wage due the previous Saturday (30th Oct). He told me he was waiting on money in from customers however he would help me with £100 and would sort the rest of what I am due over the weekend. That is the last payment I have received from him Since then I have been chasing him on a daily basis with mixed responses - some saying he will sort it, some days completely ignoring me some days giving me downright abuse. I have threatened him with me going to citizens advice and also contacting his customers but none of this seems to have mattered. I am getting stressed out with the whole situation. I have setup a claim with my local job centre but I am not due any payment from them until mid December. I cannot afford to be without this money I have bills to pay I have borrowed money I need to repay and also it is naturally for everyone a busy time of year with Christmas coming up Last Thursday my boss accused me of stealing another car, I knew the vehicle in question had never left its starting point so told him this. I was accused of being a liar however I persevered and when trying to contact him got his partner, who was taking his calls. I explained everything that was going on. She understood my position but asked if I could inform the customer of the situation. I probably shouldn't have done this as I no longer work for the company however I spoke to the customer who sorted the issue (which was a genuine misunderstanding 3 vehicles were due to be collected from the same place - only two were) and emailed my boss asking him to collect the third vehicle That sorted that so I chased him again for my outstanding wages on the Friday morning. I still had paperwork at this point for a customers vehicle so he said if I could get this to him, I hadn't seen him to do so before this, he would sort and pay my wages over the weekend. He was quite reasonable. I had some issues to deal with last Friday so arranged for the paperwork to be left at my parents house. My boss arranged for another driver to pick up from there which was fine but my boss decided to get the driver in question to mention to my mum that I had stolen the vehicle that went missing from the yard in October. This is not acceptable as firstly I didn't and secondly this issue has nothing to do with my mum. Furthermore my mum was contacted over the weekend asking if she could return my trade plates and also the Volkswagen keys I have in my possession. Firstly this is not my mums responsibility and secondly I do not have any Volkswagen keys. I have asked several times since which Volkswagen key he is referring to but have never received a response Since Monday I have been chasing him day in day out consistently for my money as my position is getting severe. I am struggling to feed myself and power my flat. I also missed out on a job as I was unable to afford to attend the interview. This week has went something like this Monday - his partner contacted me claiming he was in hospital having taken a gallstone attack Tuesday - he contacted me was reasonably civil saying he had been in hospital and had a million things to deal with but would get round to it Wednesday - I left it until late on in the day to phone him but he told me he would call me back within half an hour. The call did come so followed up later in the evening when I was still promised a call which was never received Yesterday and today I have tried to get in contact several times via email text phone call and wats app. I have found out from an email he responded to he has now blocked my number. Therefore I have called him from withhold which he has responded to on occasion but has gave no indication of when he is intending paying these wages - I suspect never. I have also tried speaking to his partner who said she would pass on a message. Instead he has threatened to - Goto the police and report me for harassment Get an injunction in place against me I have went and saw the police this morning explained the situation and have been told I have every right to chase what I am owed as long as it isn't done in a threatening manner - which it never has been I have been civil and respectful through all this Can anybody advise what I can do. Sorry if I have went on about but I needed to get every piece of information over that I thought was relevant. Any advice would be most helpful Stewart

Hi The Snake 1985.

You certainly have spilt your problem out in one huge post.I am sure people will advise and help you.

First problem i see is you having no money.

Is your Job Centre doing Universal Credit as i believe you can ask for one month in advance payable back over time as your claim progresses.

Second problem is a client who has cash problems or sometimes does, or avoids paying if he can.

He does not seem very organised,perhaps he does not know for sure what he owes you.

Do you know.If so take a invoice for work you have done.I would go round there.Carry a mobile and record what is said.

And slap the invoice in his hand.

And try to get a payment by bank transfer,not hard to do.

Accusing you of theft would annoy me no end and he needs to be careful otherwise you could sue for defamation.

These kind of accusations get around.

Nothing wrong with chasing as the police say,like turning up at his premises.

He is out of hospital now i suppose.

If you do not get your money and at times like this i understand the stress when a little short,this could turn into a civil matter.

A court case.If people do not pay the self employed this is where it can lead.

Of course a last option as then you could end up with 5 pound a week for eternity.

Be polite,do not lose it as some do at times like this.Keep at the back of your mind you just want the money that is due to you.

Well that is the best i can come up with best wishes i will follow your thread.

And just wondering what the total is that is owed to you.

Keep the texts record the phone calls if you get any from him for your own use of course and times made.

If he unblocks you that is.

Just in case you need them in the future.

Best wishes,things will work out although you would like it sooner rather than later.

Sounds to me as if in the true word you were employed by them rather than being self employed in your own right. Who has paid your tax & NI Contributions to date? Did you register with HMRC?

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]