Barclaysi Bank Charges and Hardship

ThedaBara
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2626 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi... just a quickie, please; I'm asking for a friend who is struglling with bills, etc., and has been charged bank fees amounting to almost £4k over the past 6 years... I'm wondering if they would have a case in asking for those fees to be reimbursed? It's Barclays, and some of the fees were levied at a time when the customer was in receipt of housing benefit. They are now working but struggling on a very low income. Any advice would be gratfully received. TB

You can begin a claim based on financial hardship but Barclays will no doubt have you jumping through hoops to prove it.

Formal Complaint needed and exhaust that procedure to get a Final Response, then pass it through to FOS. The courts are unlikely to look at it so FOS is best route for this.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

• 2 months later...

Best to begin a thread of your own shannong, you'll not get seen here

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.