Alleged shoplifting at Sainsbury's

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2719 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello ,

I don't know how to start a new thread. But had to post.

I am frantic with worry.

Yesterday I went to sainsburys and put an ok magazine under my arm.

I had some boots to collect from the dust service desk and a taxi waiting outisde

I stepped out to tell it to wait and was practically fog marched back into the store.

Accused of shoplifting and given a life time ban ,

I'm now worried sick that my details have been given to the police and that people will know what happened.

Ive not been able to sleep and am crying as I write this.

I have friends and family in the police and though they weren't called I am scared that my details will have been passed on to them and I am waiting for a knock on the door ,

can someone please help an advice.

I was given a letter saying I had a lifetime ban from all stores.

All Id wanted to do was tell my taxi to wait whilst I collected my boots.

No wasn't even thinking about the book under my arm

and I was coming back in the store to pay for my boots

and the book and had already.

Bought shopping, will they give my details to anyone like te local police force ?

They won't have given any info to tell police. If they wanted to involve the police, they would have called them there and then.

You got a ban so as far as sainsvurys are concerned, it's dealt with

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I can't explain how worried this has made me , I feel sick to my stomach.

All because I wanted to tell my taxi to wait ,

I feel so bad and said can I go pay for my book

and boots now and they said no you're U ae banned from shopping here !

So I won't have had my details etc passed to the police force ?

No

The police won't even know you exist

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi and welcome to CAG. I have moved your posts from the end of an existing thread to one of your own where we can give advice based on your individual situation. Please carry on posting on this thread.

I'll come back in a few minutes to see if there is anything I could do.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Now, I assume OK is a magazine. Your error was to leave the store without paying for it first but I believe Sainsbugs response was overly harsh.

Any store, anywhere can ban people for whenever they like. Shopping in a store is by 'invitation' and that can be removed for any or no reason at all. You haven't made it lear whether security took your details or not. If they did, there is a chance a company called DWF may get involved but we'll cross that bridge if and when it arrives.

You come across as wanting to resolve this so my suggestion is to write to Sainsbury's head office apologising for your error but then going on to complain about the stores handling of the matter. I would suggest security was very harsh with you and while you had good reason to go out to speak to the taxi driver you forgot you had the magazine tucked under your arm. Ask them to rescind the ban. Offer to go to the store to apologise to the manager.

With some security staff, they see everything in black and white. No shades of grey (and no, I don't mean the book).

Mistakes happen. It happens all over the world to every living creature.

Try to put this behind you. BTW, did you get your boots?

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE