• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

yorkshire bank you cant even leave without them making a mistake.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2707 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok Im here more as a bit of a heads up to others re Yorkshire bank

I do wonder how they manage to stay in business

i run a three strikes system

first strike

I took out a personal loan with them for my business (yes a personal loan not a business one)

at the time i informed the two girls about my situation

i had started a company, thats where my wages came from etc etc,

personal circumstances to them

what the money would be used for ,

filling out the paperwork in branch it was for a welder ,

and they said we will put down electrical goods,

about two years in my accountant was doing my directors loan and asked me why i was paying so much interest?

i said to her the exact same thing i did when i asked if that was the best rate i could get

i did ask if i could borrow more and get a better rate and they said no ,

he laughed for a bit then said go and reloan it ,

but alas the bank wouldnt let me take out another loan ,

never missed a payment, was my only debt but NO i was self employed (even though im an employee in the eyes of HMRC pay my ni and PAYE) and then secondly i had to apply for a business loan

I queried why when i asked if i could get a better rate i was told no initially and the complaint response was more along the lines of we cant discuss what was said with out a recording so no cigar, and no you cant have a loan and so i thought ok sure its a tough call to decide what was said if you weren't there

and there for endeth the lesson in naivity, however by this time I was earning some good money and the accounts lady said just pay it off as the highest interest item, dont worry we can claim a certain amount

Second strike

onwards i go to the phone in show ,

ring their call centre and ask "can i pay off the loan ,

(theres literally a year left to run on it by now i owe 2000 quid)

The reply of err no its got to run to the end now there's no way to do this.

...Honestly I was a bit miffed I figured I would at least get some of the interest knocked off and save a few quid but alas no such luck.

i m later informed this is illegal to deny someone this , but i didnt know this,

i call them back up to make a complaint and heard nothing,

this was where i figured i have you here,

as per my lesson in naivity earlier led me to believe the recorded call would be enough to satisfy the investigations team ,

but 40 days later i get a nice note saying sorry its taking so long to resolve this and then about 50 days later i get one saying "complaint denied" , Turns out they have no record of anyone taking a call or saying this so top and bottom of it is tough.

Ok by this point i think stuff it im off Yorkshire bank,

im switching so i get set up WITH ANOTHER BANK , IM NOT GIVING YOU A THIRD CHANCE.

..thinking my days of having to phone them ,

to be told you need to go into branch

to be told in branch i need to call the phone number

PRAISE BE TO THE LORD I WILL BE DONE WITH YORKSHIRE BANK VERY SOON.....

..........till this morning when i receive a letter from a bank beginning with the letter H

This letter says they were unable to transfer my STDO to them and i would have to make alternative arrangements

I phone the YORKSHIRE to be told oh yes we dont use a standing order its an inter account transfer theres nothing we can do to change this.

I ask what happens when my account is closed and......tumbleweeds ,

Im told i would have to make manual payments and even then the system might register that i have missed the payment as its automatic and theres simply nothing they can do as its not a standing order

I think to myself just pay the thing off and be done with it avoid all problems

today i phone up to pay the 652 quid i owe them off before the switch over and why , because it seems their internal system doesnt use standing orders it uses interbank transfer or some bobbins from my account to my loan account and because of this my standing order couldnt be transferred over, silly me OK

when i ask them can i pay the 652 quid im told no , because its 693.18p if i want to pay it off early,

IM LEAVING BECAUSE I WONT GIVE YOU ANOTHER PENNY ..... and on top of this elucidate the other complaints

A lot of swearing took place as they know full well on monday im cutting them off and they were just impossible to deal with in the past , i was so enraged at their complaints department not actually giving a care and hung up

A brief conversation with the missus...

.. just pay it , lets get rid of them once and for all ,

i ring the guy up on CS and say ok lets do it just get rid of it ill gladly pay the 40 quid interest to see the back of you and your hapless org , BUT NO THERES MORE

I Tell D (we will call him) my account is closing monday can you put me in touch with the power working today that can resolve this entire mess ,

POOR "D" SAYS TO ME DONT WORRY IF YOU PAY IT BY CARD IT WILL BE DONE BY MONDAY BEFORE YOUR SWITCH , but i will have to put you through to another department

ok SAYS I excited by the prospect of finally being free

CARD DETAILS given BILL Paid ..

......i hear the girl (we will call her K) say ok thanks mr M that should go through in 3 - 4 days

are you joking , i am absolutely raging and i mean air going blue ,

turns out that even though i bank with them and have plenty of funds to cover it its not direct

YOU CANNOT MAKE THIS STUFF UP and my account could potentially be closed leaving no funds to pay this , and she openly admits it down the phone

i now face my account being closed on monday the bill not being paid then being run overdrawn by tuesday putting a black mark against my name and i just paid you 58 days interest for the priveledge

Even the woman after "K" just says we need to listen to the calls (odds on the calls are stored in the bermuda triangle again)

Im so incensed by it that i now intend to report the lot to the Ombudsman

Like is should have when they took away my right to end the agreement ,

where do i stand legally is my question to you guys

If I were you I'd get the whole sorry saga in writing and send it to them in a letter of complaint. If you intend to take it to the ombudsman you'll need to follow the complaints procedure to it's conclusion first.

I suggest that you also send them a SAR to see what information they hold which may help you see what information they hold and what more you can do.

What outcome would you like to see?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If I were you I'd get the whole sorry saga in writing and send it to them in a letter of complaint. If you intend to take it to the ombudsman you'll need to follow the complaints procedure to it's conclusion first.

I suggest that you also send them a SAR to see what information they hold which may help you see what information they hold and what more you can do.

What outcome would you like to see?

Realistically i think we both know the ombudsman is pointless and legal recourse is futile, the only way im starting to see of fighting juggernauts like the banks is if 20 million people joined a campaign on social media and it led to mass closings of accounts , walter mitty moment over

I just wanted them gone and thats not even simple if anything hopefully anyone reading this may think twice before getting involved with them

Realistically i think we both know the ombudsman is pointless and legal recourse is futile, the only way im starting to see of fighting juggernauts like the banks is if 20 million people joined a campaign on social media and it led to mass closings of accounts , walter mitty moment over

I just wanted them gone and thats not even simple if anything hopefully anyone reading this may think twice before getting involved with them

Agreed about the ombudsman and court. A few years ago I might even have thought a campaign would help, but given the apathy of so many, I'm afraid that's unlikely, and most of us need bank accounts.

On the bright side, you can move on and forget them (soon). That has to be worth celebrating!!

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.