Where do I stand if ash from fires lands on neighbours property

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2588 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

What about where a neighbour is burning stuff (in their fireplace) some of which ends up spewing out of the chimney and depositing itself (as a type of ash) on neighbours cars (which then needs washing off). there's no formal smoke control in the area (afaik, but will double check).

what do you think?

I remember way back when part of a neighbour's chimney landed on my mum's car... I think the insurers called in an Act of God, or something...

I can't remember the outcome, but assume the insurers are covered for these things...

TB

ah ok, a separate thread re my q was created by site.

(i wasnt going to start one just yet as some double checking needs to be done)

i think dabarar's post there is re the original thread?

Depends on exactly what it is they are burning to produce this ash. If it is paper and wood, there isn't much that can be done apart from pointing out to the neighbour that their fire is very inefficient and causing problems.

Household waste should never be burnt on a fire in a domestic setting (this includes bonfires). Doing so can release a cocktail of toxic fumes as well as breach a number of regulations, some of which could lead to a criminal prosecution. For further information about reporting a possible crime, see: https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/report-waste-crime

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

thanks, will have a look

it was an issue someone asked me about. i'll need to doublecheck exactly whats gone on, and re any smoke control etc.

• 1 month later...

to update

transpires it is not a dedicated 'smoke control area'.

in a general conversation it was politely mentioned, and things seem to have improved (whatever they were burning! but, if it happens again it may well be reported re poss burning of 'toxic'/waste etc stuff.)

• 3 months later...