Purchased Audio Interface Online. Faulty. Seller Refuses Refund. Help Please.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2739 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I purchased an audio recording interface 5 months ago on Ebay from a business seller.

It has a fault in the audio output.

The seller is aware of the particular problem but says it only happens occasionally on certain computers and he's not exactly sure why.

He seemed to indicate that its probably not the unit but rather the compatibility with my computer. However, my computer has all the system requirements stated for the unit.

He said I wouldn't be able to get a refund.

He advised me to try a different USB port and cable (which I have done) but the problem is still there.

I see this as a 'not fit for purpose' issue and therefore I should be able to obtain a refund.

What do you think? Your advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

PayPal or direct with debit/credit card?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

You still have the same legal protection as you do buying through a credit card or any other means, their owe terms do not top the law. All you have to decide is how much of an argument you fancy, how much did the item cost you?

It is easier to enter a rich man than for a camel to pass a needle

If you are a private buyer (not business to business) then if an item fails within the first 6 months of purchase then it will be assumed the fault was there at the time of sale. As it is after 30 days you should let the seller offer to repair and if that repair fails then you can reject the item.

If he is offering nothing then the only option is to force the issue. Any seller selling into the UK market must comply with the Consumer Rights Act 2015 and if they are in breach and as such you could instigate a court claim but you must offer the seller the opportunity to resolve before doing so. Do you have the sellers address?

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE