• Tweets

• Former billionaire Hui Ka Yan has been fined and banned from the financial market for life.View the full article
    • In terms of "why didn't I make a claim" - well, that has to be understood in the context of the long-standing legal battle and all its permuations with the shark. In essence there was a repo and probable fire sale of the leasehold property - which would have led to me initiating the complaint/ claim v SPF in summer 19. But there was no quick sale. And battle commenced and it ain't done yet 5y later. A potential sale morphed into trying to do a debt deal and then into a full blown battle heading to trial - based on the shark deliberately racking up costs just so the ceo can keep the property for himself.  Along the way they have launched claims in 4 different counties -v- me - trying to get a backdoor B. (Haven't yet succeeded) Simultaneously I got dragged into a contentious forfeiture claim and then into a lease extension debacle - both of which lasted 3y. (I have an association with the freeholders and handled all that legal stuff too) I had some (friend paid for) legal support to begin with.  But mostly I have handled every thing alone.  The sheer weight of all the different cases has been pretty overwhelming. And tedious.  I'm battling an aggressive financial shark that has investors giving them 00s of millions. They've employed teams of expensive lawyers and barristers. And also got juniors doing the boring menial tasks. And, of course, in text book style they've delayed issues on purpose and then sent 000's of docs to read at the 11th hour. Which I not only boringly did read,  but also simultaneously filed for ease of reference later - which has come in very handy in speeding up collating legal bundles and being able to find evidence quickly.  It's also how I found out the damning stuff I could use -v- them.  Bottom line - I haven't really had a moment to breath for 5y. I've had to write a statement recently. And asked a clinic for advice. One of the volunteers asked how I got into this situation.  Which prompted me to say it all started when I got bad advice from a broker. Which kick-started me in to thinking I really should look into making some kind of formal complaint -v- the broker.  Which is where I am now.  Extenuating circumstances as to why I'm complaining so late.  But hopefully still in time ??  
    • At a key lecture in the City of London, the shadow chancellor will also vow to reform the Treasury.View the full article
    • Despite controversy China's Temu is becoming a global online shopping force.View the full article
    • The retailer has come under fire for an advert showing motorcyclists wearing trainers and doing wheelies.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Cabot re Old HBOS debt - been paying cabot for 12yrs...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 804 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Not sure what to do with this one.

Old debt originated from bank of Scotland around 2004.

Been paying token payment for around 12 years,

now threatening further legal action.

Would a sar request suppress them .

..or eaiser just to stop paying them and see what happens

Many thanks

A SAR request wont stop any action, a CCA request will but only until the paperwork is found and sent to you.

Are you still paying BOS ir has it been sold on and assigned to a dca?

As this is a BOS debt, are you in scotland? (Different laws may apply)

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

fe-fi-fo-fum........I smell a cash cow...

what type of debt is it> card loan OD?

think you'll find the OP has been paying cabot DCA for 12yrs?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Agree with DX, it sounds like they have been having you on... Not good :(

If you have been paying Token payments, is that all you can afford?

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

All i can say here is... Moo

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

no its cabot

and you've been cash cowed blind

stop paying.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ruddy fleecers!

Oh well, they'll have to look elsewhere for someone else to pay for their chocolate digestives now you've learned the hard way the honest truth.

I feel for you, I really do, this is absolutely shocking, oh well, now you know, and can laugh at them.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 4 years later...

Received letters in January 2021 for 3 debts and phoned them to reiterate they had not responded for  4 + years.

Well apparently they now have a loan agreement from 2006 and the overdraft debt taken out around 2004 isn't covered by CCA.

The other debt had a ccj on it which was paid nominally to 2010 .Then sold and then sold again, and back again to cahoot.

As soon as I get documents I will update.

Are they just trying it on?

are who just trying in on?

and they

hbos is nothing to do with cahoot.:noidea:

you mean cabot..

dx

and they

threads merged

stop talking around corners

so whats going on.

cabot have sent a letter regarding HBOS card from 2006?

when did you last pay anyone for it?

you should NEVER phone a fleecing DCA.

they are not BAILIFF

and have 

ZERO legal powers on ANY debt, no matter what it's type.

• Haha 1

and they

Sorry DX my over excitement or annoyance.

On this bank of Scotland credit...

Taken out 2003 defaulted and sold to Cabot around 2006.

Been paying them £5 a month upto July 2016.

Then on advice...thanks DX...CCA to them.

Normal response no information available, will be in touch again in 40 days.

Out of the blue Jan 2021 reiterated balance outstanding.

I explained about my CCA request back in 2016 and they could not find anything.

They then advised they would investigate and to give them 16 weeks.

Out of curiosity today rang them..about 15 weeks.

Advised they had a an agreement for the card.

As yet nothing in the post.

Hope that makes more sense🙂

Will post up correspondence...if received

well as you defaulted moons ago it can never comeback on your file.

but it will be Statute barred july 2022

sent Cabot another CCa request

nail then in their box again

and again NEVER EVER phone a DCa nor enter into any pointless letter tennis other than a CCA request where required and applicable.

the only time you ever respond to a DCa is if you ever get a letter of claim or should they be so bold a court claimform.

never move without informing the owner(s) of any supposed debt you last used/paid within the last say 7yrs to be safe.

always ENSURE your debt owner(s) have your current and correct address should you have moved since taking the credit out with the original creditor and not informing them in WRITING you have moved.. protect against backdoor CCJ's

dx

• Thanks 1

and they

:noidea: 16 weeks on what?

complain to the FOS about what?

did you send a new CCA request to cabot as advised?

and they

16 weeks to comply with what request and to whom?

dx

and they

Its like Chinese Whispers this topic :biggrin1: 

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

:pound:

and they

I originally CCA them in 2016.No paperwork letter confirming unenforceable..

Then they wrote to me in Jan 2021.

I explained they hadn't responded to my CCA .That's when the dispute opened and said they had 16 weeks.

Sorry if I sound a bit thick🙂

😄when I rang them in January .their reply was we have 16 weeks to look into the dispute.

Looks like they have just been talking ...