T mobile current balance on my credit file dating back to 1999

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2735 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wonder if anyone can help me. I have a t mobile current balance showing on my credit file from 1999. The amount is for £155 It is not showing as a default, only as a current balance. How can I get this removed as experian said that T Mobile must do it?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated as this is giving me a poor credit score. I have not been in contact with them since 1999 and have made no payments at all.

I wonder if anyone can help me. I have a t mobile current balance showing on my credit file from 1999. The amount is for £155 It is not showing as a default, only as a current balance. How can I get this removed as experian said that T Mobile must do it?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated as this is giving me a poor credit score. I have not been in contact with them since 1999 and have made no payments at all.

Experian are also responsible for ensuring that their records comply with the Data Protection Act. You can ask Experian to resolve this with TMobile

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks for your reply, I was reading some similar stories and did see something about data protection. Is there a template I can use or are there any key things I should add when writing to experian. I notice this is also recorded on equifax and other credit reference agencies. Do I need to write to them all?

Tmobile will try and claim that the account hasnt defaulted and they are actively in discussions with you to resolve this. It is a wheeze that more and more companies are using to stretch the SB date forward to about 11 years. However, in your case they have shot themselves in the foot as it cannot be honestly claimed to be a live account so it is just a matter of them trying to damage your credit record in revenge. You may need to use the DPA if Experian wont do anything to persuade TM to stop being silly y way of a SAR and then then a complaint about improper processing of your data, record keeping etc.

Thanks ericsbrother, so do I send the SAR and complaint letter to TM or Experian?

Mobile phone companies are known to be difficult to gain any response from. You can write to their head office address marked for the attention of Data Protection Officer pointing out that they are processing out of date data to your credit reference file in contravention with the Data Protection Act. Insist that they remove this active record from your credit file, as an account from 1999 that has not been in use, is not active and the data should not be processed.

If that fails, complain to Experian.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Thanks for your response, my concern with having any contact with TM is that by doing so they may say I am acknowledging the debt, being that it is SB. Is this a possibility.

The reason in the first place for me not paying them was that I was originally furious that they had changed the terms and conditions of my phones insurance policy. Having paid the insurance for a year they were stating that if I were to claim they would send me a 2nd hand phone. Something that was not a part of the original agreement with them when I bought the phone and stated the contract. So I do not trust them at all.

Thanks for your response, my concern with having any contact with TM is that by doing so they may say I am acknowledging the debt, being that it is SB. Is this a possibility.

The reason in the first place for me not paying them was that I was originally furious that they had changed the terms and conditions of my phones insurance policy. Having paid the insurance for a year they were stating that if I were to claim they would send me a 2nd hand phone. Something that was not a part of the original agreement with them when I bought the phone and stated the contract. So I do not trust them at all.

No it is not acknowledging the debt. And once a debt is SB it is always SB.