Sofology Issues - Poor Quality Leather

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2728 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i have recently purchased 2 sofas from Sofology.

. I ordered and paid in full in July with a 14 week delivery.

My new sofas were delivered on 6th October.

Before they were a week old all the leather on the seats is sagging and looks as though it's a few years old.

I have been in touch with the company and they sent someone out

but they say there is nothing wrong with it and they will not do anything about it.

. they were over £1400 and paid for by credit card.

Anyone else had this problem and any tips to get this resolved.

Thank you for registering. With your issue, if you've paid by Credit card, you do have a leg to stand on with Section 75 under credit card regs.

You also have PLENTY of cover under the Consumer Rights Act 2015

Section 75 -CCA

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1974/39/section/75

CR Act -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?439-Goods-ss.3-32

Lemme flag down the other site team members. They will have more knowledge in depth with Sect 75 etc

Edited by Andyorch
Links changed

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

yes certainly a section 75 credit card issue

within 14 days you can cancel regardless to any issue.

within 30days you cancel if the item is not upto standard.

both are in the CRA section.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Domrep,

You should see Sections 9 to 12 of the CRA 2015 - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?439-Goods-ss.3-32

Good quality photos may help and Sofology are in the Furniture Ombudsman scheme if the seller fails to replace or refund.

You need to be aware that your complaint using s75 CCA 1974 will involve your card provider raising your complaint with the retailer's bank, who will in turn seek input from the retailer. Your bank will not automatically seek a refund on your behalf at this stage.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi, You have 30 days to reject the sofas and get all of your money back if they are faulty. After that time the seller has the opportunity to do one repair and if that fails, you can then get your money back.

I have seen this on occasion where the manufacturer has stuffed the cushions with a plastic type filling that sags.

I have to say that I don't trust the furniture ombudsman as they are funded by the retailer. I have seen cases where the inspector has said one thing to the customer and another thing to the retailer.

If you are going to reject them, I would do it now and in writing, sent to both the store and the head office (to cover all bases) and send them by Signed For Delivery

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?440-The-Consumer-Rights-Act-2015

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

section 75 has no real time limit FYI:

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi can someone help re sofology.

They have sent someone one out to look at the sofa

their report says there is no fault with the furniture.

Sofology will not do anything apart from take it back but refund me less 30% because in their opinion there is no fault.

They also say that I cannot reject the furniture within 30 days under the consumer rights act 2015 because the person they have sent out says there is nothing wrong with it.

Can anyone advise what my next step would be.

They are going to outline their position by email.

I have contacted my credit company but the say that will go to them at the same dept

This is what she has sent me

Thank you for contacting us recently.

Following our conversation today as advised we have sent a service manager out to your property who has assessed your furniture.

Therefore we cannot do your beautiful piece of furniture the injustice of declaring a fault.

As discussed the consumer rights act you are outlining does not apply in this situation due to there being no faults found.

However it is not our intention to leave you with furniture you are unhappy with.

We can offer to refund the order and collect the furniture although this would come with a heavy heart. As advised the cancellation would be chargeable of 30%.

Once again I would like to apologise for the way you feel and thank you for your time.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind Regards,

Megan Rostron

OOO Sofology do my head in...

Right this will be fun... So youve had the furniture less than 30 days, and that falls well within the CRA 2015 timescales.

Can you repost up the pictures here of the sagging etc?

Granted Furniture wont always look pristine but there is a certain expectation they will last longer than what is now less than 25 days :/

And no they wont. Section 75 the CC Company will fully reimburse you by law and there you can raise a dispute with the CC company and they will deal with their merchant etc to reclaim funds.

Alternatively you have a choice of legal action. And this is the clincher... I suspect they will back down and actually do something about it if you get serious.

What i find interesting is that the Rep from Sofo hasnt been onto your thread. FWIW could you confirm that you havent done anything with the Sofa such as use it out of ordinary context EG Dog Chewing Cushions? etc

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

FWIW if the consumer sees that their is a fault with the furniture and the company does not see a fault then law would override any company policy.

Your rights do not get quashed by company policy because there is law in place to assist both business and consumer.

Please post photos and ill have a look and get some more knowledgeable people in to help.

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Are you on the phone or laptop / PC?

You cant on mobile.

On Lap / PC click "Go Advanced" and you can Attach photos. etc - Check the paper clip icon

Any issues let me know.

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

follow the upload

best from a PC

but take the photos with the ipad

and they

Here are some pics of the sofa that were taken after a week.

The picture of the grey sofa was taken in store yesterday after I sat on it.

This sofa has been in store for at least 4 months. this has only been used by myself and my husband. no pets or kids

image4.jpg

image1.jpg

image1 (3).jpg

image1 (1).jpg

IMG_1862.jpg

Good. Also by looking at this i see what you mean. I am not a Furniture expert i am afraid.

However going back to full refund minus 30% - I dont think thats fair because you have not had good use out of this sofa...

If it was 3 or 4 months / 1 year etc I would understand but not so much here.

Also seeing CAB may be a very good idea. They can hopefully tailor some advice to you and get you some good help.

However, what did their person do when he came to look at the sofa?

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

He took some pictures looked underneath to check the webbing and made a report. Obv hasn't put my concerns only that he thought it was fine which he would say. He was like one of the chuckle brothers never stopped for breath and obv wasn't listening to my concerns

With any leather furniture you will expect little stretch but it seems from those images that the leather has done more than stretch. I would query that if there is nothing wrong, why has the other end of the sofa not suffered the same fate. I would also say that whatever they have used to pad the seat has moved. The webbing on the underside is just to add a bit of spring.

I don't believe the sofa was made to certain specifications where you choose how it would look and how long it is. I suspect they make all furniture to order which is why they have such a long lead time.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE