Sofology Issues - Poor Quality Leather

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2735 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm no furniture expert either but I think the sagging is unacceptable given the age of the item. My opinion is that the seat cushions are not adequately stuffed or filled.

The report from the company rep is flippant and may not be seen as being objective.

Have you read the link I gave you to The Consumer Rights Act 2015. I could see no mention of a 30 % retention when an item is rejected as unsuitable/unacceptable.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Yeah I read it and your right there is no mention of that. I'll see what the CAB say tomorrow. I bet there isn't many times they come out to inspect and admit its poor quality or faulty. The girl I spoke to today if she wax t in the industry she probably wouldn't accept it either. That to me was saying it was bad

Although they may be financed by the industry, there should be no harm in contacting the Furniture Ombudsman anyway.

It'll make clear to Sofology that you're not ready to be fobbed off.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

It's not necessarily 3 months.

The Furniture Ombudsman is able to deal with your complaint if:

- You purchased from a Member of The Furniture Ombudsman.

AND

- You have been through the retailer’s in-house complaints handling procedure. We cannot start to investigate your complaint until you and the retailer have had a proper chance to try and resolve the problem yourselves. This means that you must have used the retailer’s in-house complaints handling procedure, or three months have elapsed since the date you raised your complaint with them (whichever is the sooner).

AND

- Your purchase was made within the last six years.

IF they have finalized their process and emailed you saying there is nothing further they can do with a Deadlock letter... Then you can go now! LEt us know how you get on with CAB...

Its like with the FOS... That limit is only if the company hasnt resolved the complaint by then or have completely ignored the complaint.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Spoke to CAB. They say that I will probably need to get independent report done but on speaking to a upholsterer he said probably not worth the paper it's written on. I have completed a form with the furniture ombudsman see how that goes because they can sometimes send someone out to assess.

Oh good to hear back from you...

So CAB said get an independent report done? Thats the best option.

If you do take further action etc then you can reclaim costs if going through court etc or through the Ombudsman etc if its found to not be fit for purpose.

I would expect it to hold up much better than has done.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Sofology have just called me again saying I see you have just been on social media. The situation is not going to change so they have referred me to furniture ombudsman. I said your too late all ready sent it in with pictures. If they send someone out it is only going to be worse than when their service manager came out after a week. We will see what happens next. I would rather sell it to someone at a loss than give Sofology 30%of the money

Remember... Company Policies do not override Law... :)

I hope we have been of some help to you Domrep. Im sorry that this is going to go all the way to the Ombudsman.

When you hear from the ombudsman, please let us know.

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis