houslow bus lane PCN now Collect Services Ltd. (13 June 2016) warrant

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2751 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My PCN situation:

• I did not pay a PCN issued in Houslow, London for a bus lane contravention (dated 8 June 2015) in the agreed time as I was unaware of it.
  • The first I knew of the PCN was an email from Collect Services Ltd. (13 June 2016) about warrant issued against me for an undisclosed sum owed for a bus lane contravention. I thought the email was spam or phishing and ignored it (I do not live in the area etc. and get spam from various 'companies' asking for money'.)
  • On September 8th I was emailed a bill (again from Collect Services) for £512. I got in touch with them to ask what the bill was for.
  • Collect Services responded, explaining they were collecting a driving fine debt on behalf of Hounslow council (where my grandmother lived). I realise I moved house in June 2015 and had omitted to change the address with the DVLA.

Additional info:

• I sold the car in Oct 2015 so never updated the car's registered address to my current address.
  • I called the DVLA today and the new owner omitted to register the car with DVLA to his address. so the car is still registered at my 2015 address
  • I would have addressed the September emails before now but I was working away with limited access to email. I have proof of travel etc.
  • When I called Collect Services I gave them my new address :|

I am looking for advice on the following:

• I know that I made a mistake in not registering my car to my new address but want to avoid paying some of the fine which I believe is disproportionate to the offence (The PCN has spiralled to £202 / the initial Bailiff Fee was £75 and the most recent bailiff fine was £235)
  • I am petrified (single woman) of a bailiff arriving at my door.

1. Is sending off the TE7 and TE9 form the correct action for me? The TE9 seems only for parking offences.
  2. If so, have I completed the TE7 form correctly manner? (TE& attached) and how would I complete the TE9?
  3. My Dad suggests writing to Collect Services and offering them the original fine doubled. He says they are very unlikely to take me to court. I do not have a car anymore so have no public goods that an be taken.

te007-eng.doc

new please

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• I know that I made a mistake in not registering my car to my new address but want to avoid paying some of the fine which I believe is disproportionate to the offence (The PCN has spiralled to £202 / the initial Bailiff Fee was £75 and the most recent bailiff fine was £235)
    • I am petrified (single woman) of a bailiff arriving at my door.

1. Is sending off the TE7 and TE9 form the correct action for me? The TE9 seems only for parking offences.
    2. If so, have I completed the TE7 form correctly manner? (TE& attached) and how would I complete the TE9?
    3. My Dad suggests writing to Collect Services and offering them the original fine doubled. He says they are very unlikely to take me to court. I do not have a car anymore so have no public goods that an be taken.

The correct procedure is for you to submit an Out of Time Statutory Declaration with the Traffic Enforcement Centre

The suggestion from your Dad to offer to pay the enforcement company the amount of the parking debt, is most unlikely to be accepted.

On the comment that Collect Services are unlikely to take you to court......in fact, the debt has already been registered in court!!! Please do not worry about this though as the debt is NOT registered as a judgment.

My PCN situation:

[*]The first I knew of the PCN was an email from Collect Services Ltd. (13 June 2016) about warrant issued against me for an undisclosed sum owed for a bus lane contravention. I thought the email was spam or phishing and ignored it (I do not live in the area etc. and get spam from various 'companies' asking for money'.)

It is a shame that you ignored this email in June but I am interested in your comment that you thought that the email was spam. More and more companies are resorting to sending email correspondence (which is permitted) and only time will tell whether notices served by such means proves successful or problematical.

If you are able to wait until tomorrow, I can assist you with the completion of the forms (which in your case, should be the PE2 and PE3).