style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2605 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I have a council tax debt of 2000+ I spoke with Newlyn and they want 250 a month which I can't afford.

As I work away a lot I've been behind with post, have letters from newlyn about enforcement etc but I've never spoken to anyone face to face.

The latest is texts, the latest text is as follows

Operating in . Final Warning. NEWLYN Enforcement Agent attending within 48 hours to remove goods. Call 01604633001 immediately. Ref:

Not sure where to go from here (I don't dispute the debt) and the council simply say I have to sort it with newlyns

I'm worse at what I do best and for this gift I feel blessed

I had to deal with Newlyns

Over a 10 month period, I had 1 visit,

But I also had about 5 of the letters that you received. and not once did they turn up. not to say they will not.

If you are not there there is not a lot they can do, and it does not look like they have allocated it to an EA yet as it is 01604 number.

It may be worth ringing them again, to avoid the EA charge of £235 being added. and state this is all I can afford, take it or leave it.

If you are not there what can they do.

if they do not agree then you have 2 options, 1- pay what they demand, or 2- sit it out until it is handed back to the council and hope the next lot are more reasonable.

It may be worth asking your council to email notifications as you work away.

Leakie

If they have not been inside your property they cannot remove goods unless you have a car parked outside. Nor can they force entry so ensure that no one lets them in.

You haven't said what you could afford to pay monthly but if you are able to pay a reduced amount you could contact your local councillor. Point out that there is no way you can afford £250 per month [as if you could afford that much you wouldn't have a debt in the first place]. And as you are having a tough time financially it doesn't make sense for the Council to have bauiliffs come round in a couple of days time and add an extra £235 to the debt when you do want to pay the amount off but not at the rate Newlyns want.

Whatever repayment amount you do settle on please make sure that you can afford it every month [including Christmas] and remember that if paying by cheque that the cheque should be cleared by the agreed date and not just in the hands of Newlyn. Also dont't name a specific day as there will be a time when that date will be a bank holiday or a Sunday. To the warped thinking of bailiffs, you will then have broken your agreement with them.

Just a normal I &E,

example

fuel for your car say you use £40.00 a week raise it to £50.00 there will be price rises in the near future.

Car maintenance, over estimate not under,

same with the grocery bill,etc

I am not saying be dishonest be realistic.

Leakie

They do not always turn up,

It is not the Bailiff who is txt you

As you are in communication with the company, I would give them a call, Tell them you are doing your I &E and sending it in soon.

Leakie

Seeing as they have not got Controlled Goods Agreement as they have not been inside your home - and it is a bad idea to let them in - I wonder what they think they are going to do.It is just threat & intimidation tactics. I know what I would be doing with their number but shall refrain from mentioning it on a family site.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 months later...

If they have not gained access to your property to complete a Control of goods thingy then they are trying to frighten you! But make sure you leave nothing of value outside your home, including your car.

stay off that phone to the bailiff follow this:

Here is something to be getting on with.

First of all establish from the Council how much was owing etc

You need to speak to someone at the Council and ask the following questions:

1 - how many Liability Orders they have against you

2 - the dates they were obtained

3 - the addresses they were for

4 - the period of time each covers

5 - how much each one was for

6 - how much is still outstanding

7 - the dates they were passed on for enforcement

8 - the dates & amounts of any payments

Next you need to send off for a breakdown of the charges the Bailiff applied.

Here's an example, use and ADAPT at will and best sent initially by email

backed up by a copy in the post.

"From:

My Name

My Address

To:

Acme Bailiff Co

Bailiff House

Ref: Account No: 123456

Dear Sir

With reference to the above account, Can you please provide me with a breakdown of the charges.

This includes:

a - the time & date of any Bailiff action that incurred a Fee.

b - the reason for the fee.

c - the name(s) of the Bailiff(s) that attended on each occasion a Fee was charged.

d - the name(s) of the Court(s) the Bailiff(s) was/were certificatedicon at.

e - the date of the Certification.

This is not a Subject access requesticon under the Data Protection Act S7 1998 so does not incur a fee of £10. You are obliged to provide this information.

I require this information within 14 days.

Yours faithfully

Ripped off customer"

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi, I have a council tax debt of 2000+ I spoke with Newlyn and they want 250 a month which I can't afford.

As I work away a lot I've been behind with post, have letters from newlyn about enforcement etc but I've never spoken to anyone face to face.

Not sure where to go from here (I don't dispute the debt) and the council simply say I have to sort it with newlyns

Your first post on here was 5 months ago. Can you fill in the gaps and let us know what has happened in that period of time?

Did you managed to get a payment arrangement set up?

How much has the debt reduced by?