• Tweets

• Paragraph 23 – "standard industry practice" – put this in bold type. They are stupid to rely on this and we might as well carry on emphasising how stupid they are. I wonder why they could even have begun to think some kind of compelling argument – "the other boys do it so I do it as well…" Same with paragraph 26   Paragraph 45 – The Defendants have so far been unable to produce any judgements at any level which disagree with the three judgements…  …court, but I would respectfully request…   Just the few amendments above – and I think it's fine. I think you should stick to the format that you are using. This has been used lots of times and has even been applauded by judges for being meticulous and clear. You aren't a professional. Nobody is expecting professional standards and although it's important that you understand exactly what you are doing – you don't really want to come over to the judge that you have done this kind of thing before. As a litigant in person you get a certain licence/leeway from judges and that is helpful to you – especially if you are facing a professional advocate. The way this is laid out is far clearer than the mess that you will get from EVRi. Quite frankly they undermine their own credibility by trying to say that they should win simply because it is "standard industry practice". It wouldn't at all surprise me if EVRi make you a last moment offer of the entire value of your claim partly to avoid judgement and also partly to avoid the embarrassment of having this kind of rubbish exposed in court. If they do happen to do that, then you should make sure that they pay everything. If they suddenly make you an out-of-court offer and this means that they are worried that they are going to lose and so you must make sure that you get every penny – interest, costs – everything you claimed. Finally, if they do make you an out-of-court offer they will try to sign you up to a confidentiality agreement. The answer and that is absolutely – No. It's not part of the claim and if they want to settle then they settle the claim and don't add anything on. If they want confidentiality then that will cost an extra £1000. If they don't like it then they can go do the other thing. Once you have made the members of suggested above – it should be the final version. court, that I would respectfully requestup but I don't think we are going to make any more changes. Your next job good to make sure that you are completely familiar with it all. That you understand the arguments. Have you made a court familiarisation visit?
    • just type no need to keep hitting quote... as has already been said, they use their own criteria. if a person is not stated as linked to you on your file then no cant hurt you. not all creditors use every CRA provider, there are only 3 main credit file providers mind, the rest are just 3rd party data sharers. if you already have revolving credit on your file there is no need to apply for anything just 'because' you need to show you can handle money. if you have bank account(s) and a mortgage which you are servicing (paying) then nothing more can improve your score, despite what these 'scam' sites claiml  its all a CON!!  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 969 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

How come there was never a date set to activate it, maybe they never will :)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Boris Johnson is apparently looking to get shot of Cameron quickly and to trigger article 50 before Brexit is stopped. Apparently consent of Scottish Parliament is needed before UK can exit the EU. This is required under the Scotland Act.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/can-brexit-be-overturned-what-brits-are-asking-each-other-20160625-gprz3u.html

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Leading 'out' campaigner Boris Johnson says the margin by which the UK voted to leave the European Union was "not entirely overwhelming"

This was on Sky. Me thinks Boris is looking for a way out and a second referendum

Cameron and Boris have been partners from the start in my opinion

Leading 'out' campaigner Boris Johnson says the margin by which the UK voted to leave the European Union was "not entirely overwhelming"

This was on Sky. Me thinks Boris is looking for a way out and a second referendum

Cameron and Boris have been partners from the start in my opinion

Boris sounds like a hypocrite now..

Why do we need the permission of Scotland, we voted as the UK and to which Scotland is part of. The result of the referendum is to leave the EU and the will of the majority must be respected..

Because of fhe complicated legal relationship between four separate countries in a union. The UK is not really one country, but a union of countries. For example Scotland has a different legal system to England and Wales. Northern Ireland also has different ways of doing things.

Under the Scotland act, before the UK parliament could change such a fundamental thing as Scotlands membership of the EU, the consent of the Scottish parliament would be needed. It is whether the Scottish parliament are willing to frustrate the whole of the UK and cause a major constituitional crisis between countries. If i were the SNP, i would use this as a way to negotiate a better deal for Scotland.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Article 50 explained

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/36634702/article-50-the-simplest-explanation-youll-find

Experts say it will probably take the UK 10 years to leave the EU !

just Bye Bye that is it, get on with life. all this pussy footing we must do this that & the other, and the big money job for the Boys taking over to attend a stupid meeting which produces the same end product without a meeting which cost 100,000s or more! ahhhhhhh

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

I doubt will ever will now, as pointed out Cameron has handed the poison chalice of pushing the nuclear button of applying for section 50 to the next leader, Boris clearly had doubts about it and there are serious legal issues such as parliament has to agree to leave and as Heseltine pointed out, the majority do not want to, mp Lam has expressed concerns, Boris and gove have suggested "discussions", leaving also adds Scottish and Irish complications.

Even many leavers now agree that the while thing is an absolute mess, it is also beginning to tear apart both the Tory and labour parties.

just Bye Bye that is it, get on with life. all this pussy footing we must do this that & the other, and the big money job for the Boys taking over to attend a stupid meeting which produces the same end product without a meeting which cost 100,000s or more! ahhhhhhh

Divorce is never easy and Brexit will be a complete nightmare costing a fortune. The cost to the UK will be tens of billions.

As long as people don't mind seeing a cut in pensions and withdrawal of others benefits they receive. That could well happen, if the economy does go into recession as predicted. The other silly thing is that more people from the EU will come to the UK before any exit date and that will mean more pressure on public services. 17 million people voted to be in a worse position, but if sovereignty is important to them, then they may see it as a price worth paying.

Anyone got any views on this article.

As the dust settles on the EU referendum battleground, some 33 million voters await with bated breath to see what the victors will do now that the nation has spoken to leave.

Political commentators forecast a dark future for the UK: Jeremy Corbyn has just sacked Hilary Benn to head off a coup, and Boris Johnson could be prime minister come November.

David Cameron’s decision to resign before enacting Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty, which sets out how a country could leave the EU, may have much bigger implications for Conservative hopefuls eyeing up the Prime Minister's seat than they bargained for.

While panic ensues, one person’s musings in the comments section of the Guardian has an interesting hypothesis on these complications:

The comment, which was picked up on Twitter, has been shared thousands of times.

If true, that is some parting gift.

http://indy100.independent.co.uk/article/people-are-really-really-hoping-this-theory-about-david-cameron-and-brexit-is-true--bJhqBql0VZ

Because of fhe complicated legal relationship between four separate countries in a union. The UK is not really one country, but a union of countries. For example Scotland has a different legal system to England and Wales. Northern Ireland also has different ways of doing things.

Under the Scotland act, before the UK parliament could change such a fundamental thing as Scotlands membership of the EU, the consent of the Scottish parliament would be needed. It is whether the Scottish parliament are willing to frustrate the whole of the UK and cause a major constituitional crisis between countries. If i were the SNP, i would use this as a way to negotiate a better deal for Scotland.

its called , i want more power and unless you give it too me we wont help you , personally all the scots ive spoken to cant stand her

its called , i want more power and unless you give it too me we wont help you , personally all the scots ive spoken to cant stand her

SNP hold a very powerful position in Scotland and will use any legal position to benefit the Scottish people. Given that the pound is heading for parity with the Euro, changing to Euro after independence might not be as unattractive. I don't think a new Tory MP would stop a new indy ref.

SNP hold a very powerful position in Scotland and will use any legal position to benefit the Scottish people. Given that the pound is heading for parity with the Euro, changing to Euro after independence might not be as unattractive. I don't think a new Tory MP would stop a new indy ref.

how ever the eu has already said scotland would be at the back of the que , also how are you going to survive without the blank check from the rest of the uk

how ever the eu has already said scotland would be at the back of the que , also how are you going to survive without the blank check from the rest of the uk

I am not Scottish (or a Scottish resident) and don't think independence would be a good idea, unless they came up with an economic proposition that made sense.

However, Scotland is a net contributor to UK Treasury and even without oil/gas revenues could do well with the right economic plan as an independent country. Scotland is important to the UK strategically, paricularly Faslane nuclear submarine base. The only possible alternative other UK base is Portsmouth or Falmouth, both of which have issues which would be difficult to overcome. If you search online there are articles on this by experts and they make it sound like UK would not have a nuclear submarine base if Scotland became independent.

If Scotland has a legal right to stop Brexit, so they protect their interest, that is their entitlement. Some think that article 50 being started by a new PM, would stop Scotland preventing Brexit, but there are legal questions about this.

Article 50 explained

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/36634702/article-50-the-simplest-explanation-youll-find

Experts say it will probably take the UK 10 years to leave the EU !

And judging by this excellent article, there is no need to invoke Article 50. Very interesting indeed.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jun/27/stop-brexit-mp-vote-referendum-members-parliament-act-europe

And judging by this excellent article, there is no need to invoke Article 50. Very interesting indeed.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jun/27/stop-brexit-mp-vote-referendum-members-parliament-act-europe

That is a good article.

I hope MP's block Brexit, but most MP's are saying that they are democrats so must accept how the UK has voted. Whether this is because of the current sensitive situation and they change their position later remains to be seen.

I am listening to a very good Australian talk radio show on ABC at the moment to gain an outside view. Very interesting and is covering things not being talked of here. For example, Ireland post Brexit will not be able to agree a direct trade deal with the UK, but would have to go through the EU. This means that if the trade deal is bad for Ireland, it could massively affect the Irish economy and there will be problems with the border with N.Ireland. For example, Irish Beef might be subject to tariffs on export to the UK, so it gets trucked up to N.Ireland to avoid the tariff.

When i look around i see a lot of French, Italian, German, Spannish owned companies based in the UK who will now be considering whether they will continue in the UK as they are at the moment. The same will be the case with Ford, Nissan, Toyota etc and as soon as people see the consequences of Brexit, they will get onto their MP's and there will be a change in mood.

The idea that MPs might block brexix does not sit right with me and it shouldn't sit right with anyone. Any government that ignores the will of the people is seriously asking for trouble..

You have obviously not read and understood the Guardian article linked to. It explains that this referendum is not binding in any way. If government wanted it to be binding, they could have put wording in the bill passed to say it would be implemented by government. But of course they can't do that because the UK does not have a written constituition. We elect 650 MP's to consider and vote on what the government put Forward.

Do you really expect government to proceed with Brexit even if the consequences are proving to be very bad for the economy and people ? For example if the currency falls to a very low level, Banks start getting into trouble, companies start cutting jobs etc.

I am fully aware that it is not legally binding but it is morally and the government still uses the peoples money to do what they want. If the government wants to do its own thing and not act for the people by the people then I would urge the people to start withholding there taxes until such a time the government acts on the will of the people. Its either democracy or it is not. It can't be had both ways..

Former Sun editor Kelvin MacKenzie now wishes he voted remain.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03zqwlc#play

A lot of people have changed their minds and it will be interesting what happens.

• Like 1

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 969 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks