style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2659 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've been a customer for a year with BrightHouse and pay around £70 a week which I could afford at time

since my daughter has now decided not to carry on with college I'm not getting tax credits so my money has gone down to £110 per week which now means I can't pay what I was paying before to them

. I'm not prepared to hand my stuff over as I've paid a lot on them and want to pay what I owe at a cheaper payment until paid off.

I don't have thelr insurance or dlc just this 5 star thing which seems to cost you more for the product and takes longer to pay.

Do you think if I went into store and offered to pay £40 per week Until My circumstances change this will be accepted.

I just want some arrangement in place to what I can afford to pay

. I'm absolutely dreading the harassment from them as others seem to get.

I suffer seriously high blood pressure which I'm on medication for and just couldn't cope with it.

Appreciate all the advice I can get before I go into store tomorrow, many thanks.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Will try and find someone who can help.

Do you have your own home insurance ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Well you paid more than 1/3rd on each item

So without a court order

They can't take good back

Just remember they are not baillifs

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

pers I'd wait till Jamie pops up tomorrow

forget going into the store.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Do you have your own home insurance ?

Yes have my own

I understood if you had your own home insurance, then you did not require that element they have sneakily built into their "Five Star" accounts ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I do not know much about Brighthouse.

Just had a look at their site see what they say about dealing with people who are struggling to pay.

Here it is.

If you are having difficulties in making payment, or if you have already missed a payment, please speak to your local store straight away. Our staff will listen, and aim to understand your circumstances. They may be able to offer you help and advice or offer alternative solutions. We’re here to help!

Some of the options available to you may include:

• Returning your item on a pick-up and hold basis, for a period of time, until your financial circumstances improve*. This means you will not lose any amount you’ve already paid towards your product.
  • Returning your items (some or all) with nothing further to pay*
  • Downgrading your items, to reduce your weekly payments. We can try and find you an alternative product which will reduce your weekly payment.
  • Rewrite you account to get you back on track (subject to continued affordability)

Just in case you have missed a payment this is what they say.

If you do not contact us after missing a payment, we will attempt to contact you. We’ll want to discuss your circumstances and agree on a course of action to help get your account back on track.

Hope things work out ok for you.

Just wondering what Rewrite your account means. To get you back on track.

Anyone done it.

Quote.

Our staff will listen, and aim to understand your circumstances. They may be able to offer you help and advice or offer alternative solutions.

We’re here to help!

I hope so. Sounds like you have been a good customer.

If you phone them could you record if possible your conversation. Just for your reference.

Perhaps write down on a piece of paper first what you are going to say and your offer of what you can afford.

And tell us what they say. Hoping you get what you require a lower weekly payment amount.

Good luck i hope they are understanding.

Why am I getting a strange feeling there have been some problems with this company.

Sixth sense or are there some psychic thoughts being sent to me by people or members.

Better go I feel

Tawnyowl.

I think a rewrite means lengthening the term of the contract, TO. IMHO, this is just another ruse to get more interest from the OP.

BCOBS

Good Morning claire0o0,

Thank you for getting in touch.

I am sorry to hear your financial circumstances have changed and you can no longer keep up your weekly payment.

It sounds like you have decided to do the correct thing and visit your local store. I would advise to sit down and discuss with the staff in store your circumstances and how they have changed. As tawnyowl stated, we take each customers circumstances into consideration and are committed to assisting all customers through any financial difficulties.

I would like to add that no further interest is added if the agreement time is extended. The total to pay will remain the same as at the time of signing the agreement.

BrightHouse offers many tools to help in these type of situations, again as stated by tawnyowl, and these include:

1. Pick up and hold – should a customer experience a temporary drop in income we can collect their items and keep them in

secure storage for up to 3 months

• No further payments whilst on hold

• Any arrears frozen

• The item will be returned to the customer once their circumstances improve

• No limit on the number of times a customer can take advantage of pick up and hold

• Saves having to start from the beginning of an agreement

2. Downgrade - should a customer experience a more permanent change in their financial circumstances they can downgrade

their item for a less expensive one.

• A more affordable alternative may be one of our quality refurbished items

• A new contract is required which may result in loss of protected goods status

3. Partial return - customers with a range of products have the option to return, downgrade or ask for pick up and return for

any non essential items they have.

4. Full return – where customers experience a longer term change in their circumstances they can return their product.

• any arrears removed

• zero remaining balance

• a re-start voucher which allows the customer to pick up where they left off with a similar product should they buy again

from us within 12 months

BrightHouse store managers are empowered to work with customers to ensure the right option is selected and offered to the

customer – the above options cannot be guaranteed as they are not suitable for all circumstances.

All these options will be discussed while you are in the store to agree the best way moving forward with the payments on your account.

If you require any further assistance, the Customer Relations team will be happy to help and can be contacted on 0800 526069 or via email at [email protected].

Many thanks

Jason

Web Relations

Hi

While this post may be too late for you I would advise that you record what is said in store. If you have a smart phone, put it in airplane mode. This stops all calls and texts coming in (which disrupts the recording process) You do not need to tell them.

I only mention this as their reputation for bullying behaviour preceeds them.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Been to see them as well as speaking on phone

the manager said they could reduce twoo items and that is it.

I've explained my situation and all I want is to be able to to come to an arrangement to pay £40 per week on longer terms but they are saying they cannot do it and just hand the stuff back and they'll keep till I get back on my feet.

I can't do that as I've paid months on stuff though one for only 3 month.

I'm really upset here and it's making me ill as I know they will be harassing me next week.

As always BH are doing things that benefit them and not the customer. There is NO reason they cant allow you to keep the items and reduce payments for a set period. Not doing this puts them in breach of their credit licence by not taking a persons circumstances into account.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Well well well.

Not the outcome I was expecting.

All managers are empowered to work with customers.

Now Jason perhaps this loyal customer of yours who seems distressed needs a little help.

She is after all offering 40 pounds a week over a longer period .And has been a customer for about a year perhaps paying 3 thousand roughly.

I would bend over backwards to keep that customer. Why take things back when the offer is there or suggest such a thing.

Whose circumstances will change again hopefully. At least she should be given that chance.

As I say please advise.

So sad my evening is spoiled slightly for now that is.

Calm down Claire Sure something will be done.

I see Jason is not online at the moment. Shame.

Hope I do not appear biased I am working on what I am reading. Trying to be fair that is all. Diplomatic .

A Rewrite is surely the answer to this.40 pound a week no added interest till it is paid or the situation improves.

However if you are not happy in any way which clearly you are not here is some info about the complaints procedure.

Just paste a little of it. To give you the idea.

Complaints procedure

We listen: we welcome your comments, criticism, or indeed, your praise.

If you have a problem, issue or concern, we would welcome the opportunity to help you resolve this:

In store: Discuss with a colleague or ask to see the manager in store.

By phone: Contact Customer Relations on 0800 526 069* (Monday to Friday 9am-5pm, Saturday 9am-3pm)

In writing:

Customer Relations

BrightHouse

5 Hercules Way

Leavesden Park

Watford

WD25 7GS

Online: [email protected] Facebook and Twitter

*Calls are free from the UK

Twitter Link have your say about how you feel.

https://twitter.com/BrightHouseUK

Facebook Link just in case. I have just been looking at some of their customer posts. Customer service,relationships is number one priority surely.

https://www.facebook.com/BrightHouseUK

If we are unable to resolve your complaint the same day we will:

• Confirm and acknowledge your complaint in writing
  • Endeavour to call you no later than 48 hours after you contact us
  • Work with you on an amicable and fair resolution
  • Keep you updated on progress
  • Send you a final response letter, detailing our findings and any resolution

Here is the link.

http://www.brighthouse.co.uk/existing-customers/complaints-procedure/

Nothing I can add for now

Following thread.

Tawnyowl.

Jason at BrightHouse,

All I want is to be allowed to pay around £40 to £50 on a longer term but the manager said she could reduce two items only as one I've only been paying for 3 month on and the computer wouldn't allow her to reduce more than two items. I've explained my situation and they won't help me. I can't pay anymore than that as my circumstances have changed and once they improve then I'll pay more. Please help as I really want to pay but at a reduced amount.

She even said there was no point in me contacting head office as they'll just hand it back to the store and the answer will still be the same. I'm not handing the stuff Iback or allowing the shop to keep them on hold. It's really upsetting me as I'm trying to sort it out but I can't pay anymore than that and I know come next few days I'm going to be harassed and I cannot take that or my health. If no one will help I'll have to wait to be took to court and I can then explain to the judge my situation.

As always BH are doing things that benefit them and not the customer. There is NO reason they cant allow you to keep the items and reduce payments for a set period. Not doing this puts them in breach of their credit licence by not taking a persons circumstances into account.

Hi renegadeimp, STore manager saying it's impossible to reduce all and system would only allow to at a reduced payment. I don't know what else to do as she's saying that head office would just put me back to them and answer will be same. She's demanding stuff back or pay my weekly payment. I suffer depression and it's really upsetting me as all I want to do is still pay but at a reduced amount until I get sorted with my finances.

It's not impossible at all. They know that. Stick to your guns and if they refuse to accept, force them by paying it anyway. They cannot refuse to accept payment. They would also need a court order to take your goods if you have paid more than 1/3 , and court is something they are VERY reluctant to do as it flags up their business practices. They prefer to rely on threats and intimidation.

Also make sure you put it in writing to them that they are NOT allowed to come to your house. if they do so after you told them no, then you can consider harassment action.

Also, since you have your own insurance, get reclaiming. Their insurance usually outweighs the cost of the items by a fair margin.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Sorry for late reply renegadeimp, had to calm myself down due to the crying. I will do that and pay £40 and hopefully they'll accept it. Don't think they owe me money as I don't have there insurance dlc just this 5 star thing they started.

Been to see them as well as speaking on phone

the manager said they could reduce twoo items and that is it.

I've explained my situation and all I want is to be able to to come to an arrangement to pay £40 per week on longer terms but they are saying they cannot do it and just hand the stuff back and they'll keep till I get back on my feet.

I can't do that as I've paid months on stuff though one for only 3 month.

I'm really upset here and it's making me ill as I know they will be harassing me next week.

In other words you got shafted

Funny that...

After what the rep here said...

Not the first time either

Pay your £40 and let them wave their arms about...tough.

Like catalogue debts

These debts are very very low priority

Keep the roof over your families head

And pay the essential util bills

There the ones that can threaten and do nasty things

This lot can't bar willy waving at you

Dx

and they

Thank you tawnyowl, the store manager is refusing to rewrite all of them but can do 2 which still would put me in arrears for the rest. I'm going to pay £40 and hope they will take it.

You don't need to hope.

They can't refuse.

You pay what you can afford and when your circumstances improve, you pay more.

Don't listen to the bs they or their rep on here gives you.

Just pay the money and keep focusing on priority debts.

Also pay via your bank.

Not in their showroom or to a Muppet that comes to your door

You don't need to hope. They can't refuse. You pay what you can afford and when your circumstances improve, you pay more. Don't listen to the bs they or their rep on here gives you. Just pay the money and keep focusing on priority debts. Also pay via your bank. Not in their showroom or to a Muppet that comes to your door

In fairness to the BH rep (as well as other reps), they have to follow the company line, even though it is wrong. If they deviate from the 'normal' script, they put themselves at risk of disciplinary action and a job is a job in todays climate. They may even feel that the company line is wrong but can do little about it.

Having said that, BH should allow a modicum of common sense here. They will still get paid even though it will take longer and the amount of goodwill generated by helping rather than hindering their customers can do wonders for the brand name. As for this '5 star cover'. Just another scheme to get more money from the customer.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Oh I know the rep needs to follow the company line, but surely morals and following regulation should come.into play somewhere

Also the op can reclaim insurances as its part of the 5 star cover.