style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2723 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I put another sticker on top of a house ornament at tkmaxx then got that and a couple of other correctly priced items to the till. Assistant noticed and removed said sticker I paid correct price for all and left

They did not say anything to me at all but kept the other sticker and were eyeing up their colleague

Will they review cctv and I get in trouble?

What could happen please help

I will go to another branch and return everything later. I am quite panicking. Again I paid all as I should. Please help

Help me :(

Nothing will happen. The mistake was spotted, you paid the correct price and the items are yours. Stop panicking, don't go back to the store and move on with your life

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

The decoration came in two parts I don't even know why I did that and then voluntarily showed him both stickers and the part I was looking to get.

He seemed polite though, I almost forgot my credit card at the till and he reminded me

BUT I did not like how he was communicating with the other assistant

and even for a second the second sticker fell on the floor and he picked it up.

I felt he was gonna fill in a white A4 with details and I'm scared they review the cctv or get the police to stream it to identify me.

I didn't run away from the store or anything if they were after my details they could have done that but I was left to feel there would be more to it and he wouldn't drop the sticker..

I'm really scared

Hi and welcome to CAG.

Stop fretting. If you were going to be collared, this would have been done as soon as you left the store. This didn't happen. The CCTV in store is running for the entire time the store is open. Do you think security would trawl umpteen hours of footage for a few minutes of film. No, me neither. The only time they look at CCTV coverage is when they are monitoring the store, not any other time. Footage is deleted after 30 days. This is in line with normal operating procedures of most stores and data retention.

As you paid the correct price for the goods, there is no loss to the store therefore they can do nothing to you. If you feel stressed about going into the store again, leave it a few months.

The one thing you do need to address is why you did it. Has something happened to make you depressed?

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Yes. A lot.

I cannot even breathe all day been worried sick.

This is the last thing I needed.

The guy who dropped the sticker on the floor and picked it up again, certainly wanted to do something with it.

He could have noted the time and item(s) purchased and since I paid by credit card i could be identifiable that way.

I know this is all my fault and i need all the bad stuff that comes my way

I'm worried they find that cctv and post it even though they incurred no loss and I bought a ton of Halloween stuff.

This thing came in two parts and I wanted one so thought was being smart by placing two stickers and then explaining I wanted the inner bit for cheaper.

Can't get more dumb than that.

But yes paid for everything full price, was reminded not to forget my card as I was feeling very faint as I was placing items in bag and left as normal.

I'm just convinced he would do something about that sticker

I'm so ill

Suspicion isn't proof. The cashier may have suspected something but unless they have footage of you swapping the label then nothing is going to happen.

Whilst you may feel horrible about this, you paid what was due, there is no loss to the store therefore nothing can happen. I do suggest you go and see your GP to find out why you are the way you are. They hear these sort of things all the time and they must keep what you say confidential. Maybe a short course of counseling and a few happy pills for now may help you.

If you can, try and put this behind you. Over time, your poor feelings should get less.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Well they do have the footage regardless of how little they can be bothered.

I felt like taking the thing off his hand and ripping it to shreds as I couldn't understand why he was so much holding onto it.

And whilst they didn't incur a loss, attempt is just as bad

so I'm scared if they were to involve the police for the hell of it...

You don't know that. There may be footage but they aren't going to trawl it just to find you. The store cannot get your address from the credit card company. Only the Police can do that and as they were not involved, nothing can happen.

We can only advise you so many times. Please read other threads on this forum. The ones that haven't been updated are just as important as the ones that have.

Thank you.

I have been to the doctors.

I still have a pending appointment for Friday. And that's before this happening.

I go to counselling too.

Though for various issues.

This was just the tip of the iceberg.

I was hoping you weren't being positive just to calm me down and you really believe there is no way they'd get the police involved at this point. Not even a small chance?

Because knowing my luck, if there's anything bad, it's sure to happen to me ��������

I say things as I see them. Your case is a minor one in the grand scheme of things. No offence took place as you paid for the full price. Had store staff decided to follow this up, you would have been detained at the store. This did not happen. The police have far better things to do than deal with a non event.

Look after you first then over time you will be less and less upset.

don't sweat and forget about it.

TKMAXX have far more pressing things to worry about than a no loss incident believe me.

there are no instances anywhere of TKMAXX ever retrospectively involving police on such issues.

it done and forgotten.

and you need to treat it the same.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks everyone.

I'm still worried sick that something happens more in form of public humiliation such as cctv / newspaper than anything.

No sleep for the wicked

Not sure if I can make it to work I'm very ill

they cant do that

data protection act

don't believe everything you read or see in the media.

not allowed

please go get on with getting better.

rather than silly worrying about something that's not an issue in your life.

chin up

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

rubbish...

every hope in the world

your GP sounds like a nice one

chin up

and they

I am newly registered and can't post links but it seems something similar happened to this poor soul and she didn't even buy the item in the end

Elizabeth Outram, who was 'dreading exposure on national TV', killed herself on her 30th birthday, an inquest heard

A young woman who was 'dreading exposure on national TV' after switching the price tags on a jacket from TK Maxx, killed herself on her 30th birthday, an inquest heard.

Elizabeth Outram was found hanged at her home in Hackney, east London, after a night celebrating with friends at the Shard.

An inquest at Poplar Coroner's Court was reportedly told that before her death she had been charged with fraud after she swapped the price tags on a leather jacket at the Brighton branch of discount department store TK Maxx.

A television crew following a police operation in Brighton filmed Miss Outram being led out of the shop after she had attempted to buy the jacket for a friend's rock-themed hen party.

Miss Outram's sister Alexandra, 31, told the inquest her sister had been traumatised by the incident and was hounded by Renegade Pictures production company.

'She was traumatised by it and was filmed by a production company, I think it was Renegade productions company, they hounded her,' her sister told the inquest.

'They kept sending her messages and calling her. She called them up pretending to be me, she was too ashamed to tell me initially but I would have done the same. She called telling them to leave her alone.

While her case was extraordinary and tragic, her case relates to you in no way whatsoever so don't pay it any notice. In her case, a TV company were filming at the time and that caused her issues.

Google can be your best friend at times but also an enemy if you go searching for similar stories. Please don't. What happened to other people is not what happens to you. Everybody is different.

Hi guys

I'm very sick and worried. What do I say if I get arrested for this? Please tell me before it's too late.

I have asked to see my GP to renew prescription but they're too busy and i'll have to check for emergency doc appointments in the morning.

you cant get arrested

goto bed

dx

and they

you've not ruined anything

you've done nothing 'wrong'

they got their items back..end of.

they didn't and wont and now cant involve the police

you'll get there

your GP is the answer

chin up.

and they

I always ruin everything...

But thanks for all the support you've given me

I tell you what, If I knew where you lived, I would come and have a serious talk to you.

I'm sure you have been told that you are a good person and occasionally make poor choices. This does not detract from the fact you are generally a good person. Over time, you will start to get that idea. Use this experience as a learning curve, not something to beat yourself up with it. You cannot change the past but you can change your future.

Be well. :-)