Answer question without Google challenge ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2540 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

When we have a question about something that comes into our minds, we can often find the answers just by searching using Google etc.

Lets see what answers we can get without an internet search.

First question.

Why on the same stretch of coastline, can you find one beach that is mostly sandy and within a few miles find one that is mostly pebbles ? E.g parts of Cornwall, Dorset.

I don't know the answer, but my guess is that it is to do with underwater geology and general terrain. E.g if you have lots of rocks under the water near a beach, then it will be mostly sand that is deposited on a beach. If you have few rocks under the water so no natural barrier, then the force of the water will deposit larger debris including pebbles onto a beach.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

When we have a question about something that comes into our minds, we can often find the answers just by searching using Google etc.

Lets see what answers we can get without an internet search.

First question.

Why on the same stretch of coastline, can you find one beach that is mostly sandy and within a few miles find one that is mostly pebbles ? E.g parts of Cornwall, Dorset.

I don't know the answer, but my guess is that it is to do with underwater geology and general terrain. E.g if you have lots of rocks under the water near a beach, then it will be mostly sand that is deposited on a beach. If you have few rocks under the water so no natural barrier, then the force of the water will deposit larger debris including pebbles onto a beach.

Beaches,so strange at times.I do not know the answer to the question but have seen some strange things.

As i am on pebbled beaches and sandy beaches nearly everyday you often have wondered why.

I have seen pebbled beaches maybe 2 metres of pebbles vanish and turn to a sandy beach overnight usually after a storm.

Seen perhaps the level of sand drop 1 metre or more overnight.Only a few days later to be back to normal depths

You look around and say what the hell,where have all the pebbles gone.Here one day gone the next and no sign of them.

Come back a few days later and hey presto they are back as if nothing has happened.

Sometimes you see them stacked up in huge depths other times as if they have been raked,so smoothed out.Then vanish as if gone on vacation.Some of them huge.

So i will say the force of the tides and which way the currents are going at a particular time has a big effect especially during a storm.

Maybe whether a beach incline is steep or pretty flat maybe has something to do with it.

As you say,general terrain

However a few miles away as you say i have seen a flat sandy beach that never changes,no pebbles ever turn up no matter what the wind,storm,currents are doing.

So i guess as really i have not got a clue.

But strange that beaches so close together can be so different.

Also why can i walk for miles searching for Driftwood and not find any yet half a mile away there is a veritable forest waiting to be picked up.

Even sometimes only hundreds of metres apart,no wood,plenty of wood,day after day the same places.

A bit morbid question I guess and sorry if it is but you hear all these people saying how wonderful Heaven is, is there such a place and if it is as wonderful as they say then how come no one has come back to tell us!

:oops:

:???:

:!:

:lol:

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

There had better be such a place as i am pinning my hopes on going there sooner or later.

The reason no one has come back to tell us is because they are all having a whale of a time and do not want any of us to arrive earlier than our time.If possible.

As you say no one has come back to complain as far as i know.

I mean some of us if they kept saying how wonderful it is,some of us might be tempted to take a early flight.:-)

You usually see little signs around and about of them letting you know they are ok though.

That is the people who have already arrived at the pearly gates.

White feathers,sometimes things move,lights flickering,tunes and many more things.

Listen and sometimes the departed sometimes talk to you although we do not accept it.We think who is that talking to me,thinking it is yourself.It is your friends and family checking in on you.

Advising you.

I know TO, when my granddaughter passed I found feathers etc and knew it was her telling me she was all right, I only get them now and then now but I sometimes " feel" her presence

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

How come also there are so many different types of sand and colours!

I have seen black sand and heard there is red, blue etc, and the textures are all different as some you can not make sand castles with!

A bit morbid question I guess and sorry if it is but you hear all these people saying how wonderful Heaven is, is there such a place and if it is as wonderful as they say then how come no one has come back to tell us!

:oops:

:???:

:!:

:lol:

You are actually taking part in a virtual reality game, played by people from the future, possibly on a different planet. Well that is what some clever people believe including the chap that is behind the Tesla electric car and other advanced technology companies.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

How come also there are so many different types of sand and colours!

I have seen black sand and heard there is red, blue etc, and the textures are all different as some you can not make sand castles with!

Black is volcanic, caused by sedement/lava from volcanoes.

I will leave it to a geologist to explain the rest.

Personally, i believe that the Earth was created, as was the universe we are in. I don't believe everything has naturally evolved over millions of years. Some of it has of course, but there are too many questions unanswered to believe that the diverse life on Earth was created from the same bacteria, that was on Earth after the 'big bang'.

Okay, here's a question for you.

How is it that Rocks can move, seemingly on their own. Some up to 700lb in weight and on a completely flat surface.

No search engines at all, not just Google!

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Okay, here's a question for you.

How is it that Rocks can move, seemingly on their own. Some up to 700lb in weight and on a completely flat surface.

No search engines at all, not just Google!

I would guess general movement of the top surface of the planet Earth. It is a living moving organic entity, affected by gravity, thermal movement etc.

You really need a scientist to answer. I am hoping for a major shift of the Earth and a repositing of the UK, so it is roughly in the same place as Tenerife is now. To have warm sunny weather all year would be great. I would not miss the seasons.

I would guess general movement of the top surface of the planet Earth. It is a living moving organic entity, affected by gravity, thermal movement etc.

You really need a scientist to answer. I am hoping for a major shift of the Earth and a repositing of the UK, so it is roughly in the same place as Tenerife is now. To have warm sunny weather all year would be great. I would not miss the seasons.

I as some know tell a tale or two at times.

I once went to live in a cave in Tenerife to clear my head.Some may think it did not work,i wonder myself at times.

But the strange thing is that after getting up each morning to the warm sunshine, the days spent wandering around my cove,exploring the Banana Plantations, swimming and living wild and wandering round the resorts.

The evenings and nights spent watching dolphins shooting stars,fishermen catching flying fish i missed our climate.And was happy to get off the Plane and walk in the drizzle of Manchester.

A photo of the rough area,i have other photos.

Would you like to live there.

But yes i could settle for the warmth here in the UK as i get older and get a few aches and pains.

nyzbeb.jpg[/img]

Why anyone would anyone hammer coins into trees ? Hardly a tourist attraction ?

Here is an on topic question.

Is it possible for a person to cause a mini tornado on the west coast of Africa, that turns into a hurricane on the other side of the Atlantic in the US ?

I was saw a science programme where they showed the possibility of a small tornado being made, that could turn into a hurricane thousands of miles away. Was this just an exaggerated way of showing how small a hurricane can start out ?

The hurricane issue is an interesting one and certainly links in to some ancient thinking about the beat of a butterfly's wings causing a storm. I suppose with my limited understanding of energy it's very much a case of getting out what you put in and the gentle push of a breeze is just that. Otherwise we'd be Ina constant state of chaos as every action, rather than creating an equal and opposite reaction, would grow in strength and violence exponentially.

My views are my own and are not representative of any organisation. if you've found my post helpful please click on the star below.

Ah! I actually know the answer to this one (and hopefully a BSc Homs in Geography/Geology gets me on the first rung of scientists).

So, if you're referring to the rocks that seems to wander around the valley of death in America on the dry lake bed the answer is surprisingly dull. It's a combination of weather conditions, on occasion despite being a desert the valley suffers heavy icing. This turns the ground surface in to a very slippery mud and the rocks which just sit on the surface are moved by the wind.

Go to google and check it out!

My views are my own and are not representative of any organisation. if you've found my post helpful please click on the star below.

Ah! I actually know the answer to this one (and hopefully a BSc Homs in Geography/Geology gets me on the first rung of scientists).

So, if you're referring to the rocks that seems to wander around the valley of death in America on the dry lake bed the answer is surprisingly dull. It's a combination of weather conditions, on occasion despite being a desert the valley suffers heavy icing. This turns the ground surface in to a very slippery mud and the rocks which just sit on the surface are moved by the wind.

Go to google and check it out!

For many years, nobody knew what was going on and had the conspiracy theorists all over it. In fact, you are correct. Simple ice and light winds and a rock can move quite a long way overnight.

Give yourself a pat on the head.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

You are actually taking part in a virtual reality game, played by people from the future, possibly on a different planet. Well that is what some clever people believe including the chap that is behind the Tesla electric car and other advanced technology companies.

:)

or played by some kind of 'G'.

similar to a kaleidescope theory.

or is it the 'Force' (nature)

You will find the answer to your quest in a series entitled coast to coast, all types of beaches are discussed from size to colour including a piece on singing sands an experience I have yet to enjoy.

Note no reference to Google :) except just then/

This theory would explain the many quirky things which happen to us all in life, i.e thinking about someone then they ring or meet them in the street( maybe telepathy involved)

We use the word fate but maybe it is by design

why do we have have vehicles that can do in excess of 100 Miles and hour plus but the speed limit is 70?

The only place legally you can do more then that is on private land or a race course!

Why do they not just make vehicles that stay within the speed limit? surely it would cut down accidents?

" Goes back into my cave "