style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2762 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

a year ago, I shoplifted a store and got given a letter from RLP to pay a fine about 147 pounds..

. as I have been to this forum a numerous of times I got given advices to ignore the letters and not pay for it.

Fast forward,

i'm trying to apply for a student account in a bank as I will be off to university in a few weeks

but I received a letter from the bank that I am not eligible to get one as I have an awful credit score.

I have never had a credit card yet only a debit card, and I have no history of debt..

...however I'm worried now that because I didn't pay RLP (if its a debt) this has affect the chances.

My friends told me that maybe the bank just got the details wrong but I'm not sure to be honest.

I would also like to mention that no police were called during the incident,

I simply got given a ban of a year and the RLP letter.

I'm also pretty sure that I didn't show them my debit card so they can take a picture of it (if that helps).

I would also like to know if this will be on a background check as I will be applying for a part time job later.

wont be anything to with RLP

go get your free credit file

noddle, cleascore experian

they are all free.

findout why

could be that you've not even had credit..are you on voters?

as for RLP...must correct you ..IT IS NOT A FINE.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi and welcome.

I agree with DX. RLP have no access to your credit record. The chances are that you have been refused credit due to having little or no history for them to check

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi and welcome.

I agree with DX. RLP have no access to your credit record. The chances are that you have been refused credit due to having little or no history for them to check

Definitely, don't think the CRAs would believe anything RLP told them anyway.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

new lending rules are clobbering a vast number of new students as they have no credit history. Get copies of all of the main CRA reports (£2 ea) and see if everything is as it should be.

If the bank got it wrong ( you will see that they did a credit search - no credit search and they have the wrong person's details applied to your application) you are entitled to get them to sort out any mess they have cuased and compensate you for any losses incurred due to their errors but that is hard to calculate when you cant even begin.

Try opening a basic account with someone like the Co-Op, they are more understanding.

new lending rules are clobbering a vast number of new students as they have no credit history. Get copies of all of the main CRA reports (£2 ea) and see if everything is as it should be.

If the bank got it wrong ( you will see that they did a credit search - no credit search and they have the wrong person's details applied to your application) you are entitled to get them to sort out any mess they have cuased and compensate you for any losses incurred due to their errors but that is hard to calculate when you cant even begin.

Try opening a basic account with someone like the Co-Op, they are more understanding.

The bank used experian and I have tried to check it with that, but it won't work because they said they can't 'verify' me and I will need more proof to receive the copy or the history. I recently turned 18 (just a month) and I'm not on the electoral roll so i'm not sure if it has any effect on the credit score.

I have also used clearscore as recommended but they said I don't have a credit history...

I phoned the bank today and they were very unhelpful and that the reasons are confidential. I will try again at the branch tomorrow but if it doesn't change, I will apply to santander instead. To be honest the reason I'm applying is because of the perks.

Want to say thanks for the help to everyone, as it's getting off topic to rpl haha......

Not being on the electoral roll will certainly be a big negative when applying for credit. Without a credit history, and without being able to confirm that you live where you say that will present a big risk to many financial institutions!

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!