MMF & Swift Sterling / MrLender

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2762 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I've been looking over the forum and though it may be worth asking some advice here.

I'm currently trying to resolve my debts and clear my credit file, I know i have outstanding PDL's with a couple of companies from back in 2013 when i was in a particularly bad place. A couple of the companies have since written the debt off, but a few still remain with the likes of MMF.

Upon reviewing my file today i found a default for the tidy sum of £22 with MMF, I (stupidly) contacted them about resolving this debt. They then proceeded to list off 6 accounts totalling cira £1500 in monies owed 5 to swift sterling and 1 to Mr Lender. None of which were for the £22 listed on my credit file and i need to contact their Credit File Queries team.

I would be willing to settle these if they were remotely close to the original agreement or the value of the offer i made that SS rejected, but there is about £800/900 of interest/charges here. I'm quite concerned now that they are going to add an additional 6 defaults to my file, destroying everything i have done for the past 3 years to build it back up.

I have seen from past posts that people have written directly to Swift Sterling to resolve / bring back dept from MMF. is this an option?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hello, welcome to CAG.

Paying these 'debts' off will NOT improve your credit file, regardless of what MMF might have told you!

Do nothing other than wait for MMF to send you their begging letters, and try and get as much information together as you're able, regarding who the original creditor was, if needs be you could send them a SAR to get all of the information regarding the accounts.

Then go about reclaiming any penalty fees and charges that have been added.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!