Provident Door Step Collections

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2703 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good Morning!

Does anyone know how I can stop a door collection agent from Provident attending my home?

I missed a payment collection date and was unable to notify the agent as my phone died.

The agent then attended my property 4 times that evening knocking loudly from 9pm.

Has anyone dealt with Provident before?

The whole doorstep collection process for the sake of £100 loan is getting ridiculous.

If I can come to an arrangement and deal directly with them that would be ideal.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks very much.

Kind regards

P

The agent should not be calling after 9 anyway. I suspect this is all about the commission the agent will earn and the penalties for not collecting amounts due.

If the agent comes again after 9, try and record them and mention that they shouldn't be calling at that time.

Regarding the debt. Contact Provi direct not through the agent and explain your circumstances and moan about the agent as well.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

You could use that "Notice of Removal" Thingy :p Oh wait, no you cant :p

Seriously though. A simple letter to PRovi telling them you will only deal in writing could work but at the same time SF is completely right.

You should beable to deal direct with Provi. But its up to you.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

The money Provident loans out is mostly to people on welfare.

This is Government Tax Payer money supporting the UK social net..

Welfare people have to sometimes get a loan to rent a property and can not get money else where.

Money that you get from Social programms definatly do not pay to this Company.

They have an army of women making the collects.

If they knock on the door tell them to xxxx and not come back and you will only deal with Provident in writing.

Make 10 pound a week till you pay off the debt.

If you do not have that 1 pound if they will take it.

The trouble is the UK Government will not or does not want to pass "usage laws (high rates of interest".

Usage rates of interest are unenforceable in a UK Court of Law.Overseas USA Washington has a cap of 12% on interest rates that can be charge at all levels of loan. Other States too..Middle East under Sharia Law charging any interest at all is against the teachings of Allah and Koran.

A class action suit, like PPI which has been flogged to death, could be brought against Provident for usage interest rates and using welfare money.Best bet is not use them at all. Aviod them.You have to be desperate if you use them.

I disagree, provident as an organisation issue credit cards as in Vanquis. I have one with a credit limit of £3000. They also have a loan company called Satsuma in their group. Being on any sort of benefit does not force you to use provdent door step collections. All applications are credit checked on affordability. The reason with Provident use doorstep collection is that people have adverse credit history and cannot get a bank account for Direct debit.

I object to the term supported by welfare. Welfare is an anti social american term that gives the impression something for nothing. People pay into that system, it is called national insurance contributions. Collectors on doorsteps are not predominantly women. People do it on a commission basis to suplement regular income. Male or female so how you can say is is government tax payers money is beyond me. provident is a private commercial company

And one final point, people on low income do not use money from the likes of provident to secure social housing. They use a thing called the deposit guarantee scheme run by local authorities and housing associations

I disagree, provident as an organisation issue credit cards as in Vanquis. I have one with a credit limit of £3000. They also have a loan company called Satsuma in their group. Being on any sort of benefit does not force you to use provdent door step collections. All applications are credit checked on affordability. The reason with Provident use doorstep collection is that people have adverse credit history and cannot get a bank account for Direct debit.

I object to the term supported by welfare. Welfare is an anti social american term that gives the impression something for nothing. People pay into that system, it is called national insurance contributions. Collectors on doorsteps are not predominantly women. People do it on a commission basis to suplement regular income. Male or female so how you can say is is government tax payers money is beyond me. provident is a private commercial company

And one final point, people on low income do not use money from the likes of provident to secure social housing. They use a thing called the deposit guarantee scheme run by local authorities and housing associations

They didnt check for affordability with me

I got a loan missed a couple of payments they then offered to roll it up in another loan

My payments ended up being £75 a week and after a few missed or not enough payments the agent stopped calling

The money Provident loans out is mostly to people on welfare.This is Government Tax Payer money supporting the UK social net..Welfare people have to sometimes get a loan to rent a property and can not get money else where.Money that you get from Social programms definatly do not pay to this Company.They have an army of women making the collects.If they knock on the door tell them to xxxx and not come back and you will only deal with Provident in writing.Make 10 pound a week till you pay off the debt.If you do not have that 1 pound if they will take it.

The trouble is the UK Government will not or does not want to pass "usage laws (high rates of interest". Usage rates of interest are unenforceable in a UK Court of Law.Overseas USA Washington has a cap of 12% on interest rates that can be charge at all levels of loan. Other States too..Middle East under Sharia Law charging any interest at all is against the teachings of Allah and Koran.

A class action suit, like PPI which has been flogged to death, could be brought against Provident for usage interest rates and using welfare money.Best bet is not use them at all. Aviod them.You have to be desperate if you use them.

I do find this a most unusual first post to make and I would like to correct some inaccuracies.

1 It is not Government Tax Payer money. Remove the Government and then we are about right. Provident do not lend out taxpayer money. They get it back as payments for a loan but only if the debtor is on benefits. Even people in well paying jobs sometimes struggle to get credit after a bad time. For some, it is convenient having someone call round.

I agree that if you are struggling then make arrangements to pay less but never £10 per week. A month perhaps.

2 There is no such thing s 'Usage' laws. You should be referring to this as USURY and while the Government do not get involved as such, the FCA hobbled the Pay day market by not allowing them to charge more than double the original loan plus many other rules to reign them in.

There is no point discussing the USA as it has absolutely no relevance here in the UK and as for a class action, I doubt there would be enough interest to start one especially as they don't use Usury. The do charge high interest but the customer has the right to say no. Any charges added however may be challenged but on an individual basis.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

• 1 month later...

hi new to this forum i work part time as a collector at similar company to provident i know its awful job but need the money to pay bills,its right they shouldnt be calling after 9 p.m. and you can speak to provi ask collector for buisness managers number or head office quoting your account number and you could pay dd or maybe pay over the phone every week/ month with debit card