new car contract changed without our knowledge

alanty
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2773 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My disabled wife ordered a new car and it was agreed with the sales man and the sales manager that the car would have premium paint which would cost £450 extra however the salesman said if she signed the sales contract she would get the premium paint free of charge .

A deposit was paid and a Contract was then signed by my wife and the sales manager which clearly stated the car was to have the premium paint .

A few weeks later when she rang to inquire about a delivery date she was told by another salesman that the contract had been altered without her knowledge and the car was to be supplied in standard paint can they do this or is it breech of contract

Hi,

If the original contract stated that the premium paint job was to be included in the price paid then any alterations without your express permission would be a breach (IMO)

You should have a copy of the contract so any changes will not be on there, As this would seem like a breach, you could cancel the contract due to their breach and get back any money paid.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

No they cannot alter a written contract in any way without both parties agreeing and signing to confirm approval of any alteration.

They are in breach of contract. You can force them legally to comply with the original contract or you can terminate the contract and demand a full refund of the deposit.