Equal pay

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2765 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My colleague and I both started the same roles on the same day as permanent members of staff with the same company. The only difference was we started the company as agency staff on different dates before these job roles. We have found out we are both on the same pay grade but she is on a higher increment because she started with the agency before I did. Should our time with the agency even have been considered when we were successful in these new roles?

Edited by milo2016

up to the company to decide what is effectively continuous service. If you think that there is discrimination it must be because of a protected characteristic such as race, sex disability etc.

It cannot be sexism if a woman is being paid more for the same role. Other protected characteristics still apply

CAG has helped me so much since I joined. Based on what I have learnt from others on here and my own experiences, I try to chip in and help others from time to time. I am not an expert and give my opinion only. Always check with the more experienced CAG members before making important decisions.

:-)

It cannot be sexism if a woman is being paid more for the same role. Other protected characteristics still apply

The law is gender neutral Mr Hat

Although in this case it doesn't sound like gender was not the reason for the pay difference, it isn't illegal for them to pay someone more because they started earlier

Edited by steampowered
typo

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Utter twaddle, it is discrimination to pay people a different rate based solely upon gender etc etc. Like domestic violence, it is just far more common that those who suffer are women but the law applies both ways.