MMF claimform - lending stream PDL - missed payment now have CCJ?

Myfamily
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2340 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Find the DN, and 'Notice of default sums'.

Have you copies of the correspondence you sent to LS regarding financial difficulty and their refusal to help you?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 3 months later...

Hi all,

I'm sorry I never got back to this one, after very careful searching I found in my inbox an old email that I never saw before which was from LS agreeing my payment plan, I didn't see it before.

I wrote back to moriarty law, and said I just wanted the debt gone,

they said as a claim had been issue they could only accept a payment plan over 6 months.

I agreed, made the first payment in august

I thought i had set up a standing order too but I hadn't.

I got a letter now saying I broke the agreement and donuts in default, and i now have a ccj :-(

It says that if I pay the full amount within 1 mmonth, that the ccj gets removed.

I can do this tomorrow.

But is that true??

And do I have to let the ICO know myself?

sorry you seem to have got missed about the court claim

why didn't you defend it

100's of MMF claim threads here already with the details of how.

can you scan this CCJ letter up please to pdf read upload

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I've just had a terrible year really :-( and I just wanted them to go away, I thought I could just get rid of them in 6 months and that would be that, then stupidly somehow didn't manage to set up a standing order properly and here I am!

attached is the letter from Moriarty law and the court, I have read that to have it set aside will cost £255, which I don't have, I can pay the ccj in full tomorrow but I want to make sure it never reaches my credit file!

ccj letters.pdf

get it paid it wont show

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ensure moriarty inform the court

get a receipt too

and they

When was the judgement entered?

the claim form was raised on 18/7/17 so default could have been entered "About" the 20th of September

Whatever I post is my opinion and should be taken as such, an opinion. While it is what I believe and is offered in good faith, it should not be taken as a statement of truth

You need to ask Moriarty to email you a receipt - you then ring the court and ask where to send a copy of the receipt so they don't register the judgement.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

• 2 weeks later...

This is the e-mail I sent to moriarty law.

"I am very disappointed to receive your letter saying that you have applied from judgement in default. I had thought that I had set up a standing order but apparently I hadn't completed it properly, which led to the payment being missed.

It was a genuine error and I feel that it was un-necessary for you apply for judgement in default. A simple e-mail to me would have been all that was needed I could have checked and made payment straight away.

I am going to make full payment today, so can you please send me a receipt for that and ensure that the court is advised not to proceed with the judgement.

I do not want to see this appear on my credit file."

and this is their response

"Thank you for your email.

We are sorry to receive your complaint, the contents of which have been duly noted and as such we wish to confirm that late payment letter was issued on 27th September 2017 confirming that the payment as due 22nd September had not been received and requesting that further contact/payment be made. Unfortunately as no response was received, Judgment was entered on 10th October 2017.

Please be assured however that as payment of the full outstanding balance has been received within one month of Judgment being entered, the Courts shall duly remove the CCJ from your credit file. Whilst we are unable to confirm precisely how long this process shall take, we are aware that the Courts are operating under a backlog and as such the process may take as many as 4 weeks to complete. Further information regarding this may be obtained by contacting the County Court Business Centre directly on 0300 123 1056.

Please be assured that your case has now been closed on our system as Paid in Full and a notification has been issued to the Court to confirm as such. In the event that our Client has registered a default in respect of this debt, we further wish to confirm that said default shall, within the course of 30 days from receiving payment, be updated to show that the debt has been settled by way of payment in full.

Thank you.

Yours sincerely, "

I am not very happy with their reply to be honest, I did not receive a letter, and I'm not sure I believe that they sent one - as I received other letters from them - so why not this one - they also had my e-mail address so why didn't they e-mail me, as we had conversed before in that manner?

Any thoughts?

IMHO let it lie, they got their grubby money, your file is clean, they're off your case.

They're less likely to look at a complaint otherwise you wouldn't have paid it, unfortunately as they see it, the time to have lodged a formal complaint will have been before you paid them.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!