renee125
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2777 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I went into Argos to use my card which had an available balance of £50 (I logged into my account online to check) and the card was declined in store.

I called them up and they said my account has been closed and they are seeking to recover outstanding balance of £250.

I hadn't. Even. Profiled that it had been closed and been making payments each both.

They said I'd missed a couple of payments (which were late not missed).

If only received statement letters from them asking for minimum payment and they are still charging me interest!

I'm not in a position to pay more then the minimum payment but will never clear it at this rate and there's no point trying to and putting myself in debt with other creditors.

My husband is the only earner and we struggle month to month.

I've tried to keep things afloat but it's been hard.

How do I get a final balance from them and get them to stop charging interest?

Thank you

Default Argos card closed

I went into Argos to use my card which had an available balance of £50 (I logged into my account online to check) and the card was declined in store.

I called them up and they said my account has been closed and they are seeking to recover outstanding balance of £250.

I hadn't Even been told that it had been closed and been making payments each month.

They said I'd missed a couple of payments (which were late not missed).

If only received statement letters from them asking for minimum payment and they are still charging me interest!

I'm not in a position to pay more then the minimum payment but will never clear it at this rate and there's no point trying to and putting myself in debt with other creditors.

My husband is the only earner and we struggle month to month.

I've tried to keep things afloat but it's been hard.

How do I get a final balance from them and get them to stop charging interest?

Thank you

This is NOT a priority debt, therefore, it will ONLY attract the legal minimum token payment of £1 a month.

BUT, you need to communicate with them, in WRITING only.

Have you got ALL of the statements?

If not then a SAR (£10) should be sent to them to get ALL of the details, then you can work out how much you've paid, and how much of the balance is made up of their charges and fees.

Send them this letter http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387358-Request-to-make-%A31-token-payments-for-X-Months-**Correct-as-at-October-2013** 2nd class but obtain ''proof of posting'' which is free from the PO counter.

Keep a diary of events also, once you have sent the above, then you can hit them with the SAR.

When did you take this card out?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

If its closed or defaulted then they cant charge interest after the fact.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D