Santander deliquent complaint

salphy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2783 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

OH did a bank switch in April though unfortunately new lender couldn't offer an overdraft to cover what we had with Santander so the account remained open with the overdraft which was £21 over the £500 limit. He called Santander and made an agreement to pay £100 in July and full payment in August. Was told this was fine and they would freeze the interest - no-one informed needed to make monthly payments or that we needed to pay £21 to be within limit.

The £100 payment was refused due to being unable to pay by card as now told the account was closed. He then agreed to pay in full in August in branch as busy with work (working full time and setting up own business on weekends unable to get in branch during opening hours.) Again told this was fine no issues with the account.

He has had 5months late markers and a delinquency placed on his account within 3 months, partly due to Santander refusing debit card payment as the account was "closed"

I sent a complaint to Santander CEO and was referred to an executive manager who has basically replied saying once certain triggers are met they can back date late payments so can place 5 months within 3 months.

He's said that everything is correct and accurate reflection and would be despite the agreement and regular contacts and updates and that an agreement of monthly payments wouldn't have made a difference of the reporting either.

He states the initial agreement was broken because the £100 in July wasn't paid. I received a letter a couple of days ago saying thanks for making the final payment of your repayment agreement.

What's the point of a repayment agreement if it won't make a difference anyway? We're being treated the same as someone who has made no effort to contact or repay the debt.

I've asked for copies of the agreement the letter refers to but he's ignored this.

My other concern is he says that the account was not closed and the reason full card payment was refused was due to being unable to accept credit card payment as legislation prevents debt being cleared by debt.

We definitely didn't offer to pay by credit card, we don't own any credit cards so would not be able to offer this payment and payment was refused four times on different occasions! That would mean 4 times customer service advisors would have to had misunderstood or assumed we wished to pay by credit card. This includes twice in branch as payment had to be made in two halves because of ATM withdrawal limits.

Why would we be able to pay in full by cash which meant two separate trips to the bank over 2 days because of ATM limits but not pay in full by debit card? It would have been much easier for us to make one payment, and even easier if they'd allowed debit card payment over the phone weeks earlier.

Like I said we don't own a credit card so wouldn't have even been mentioned for all four people to assume such thing when card payment was offered.

I have replied disputing we tried to pay by credit card which was why it was refused and payment delayed but with the previous reply I received I'm not hopeful this will change anything.

He has sent full details to forward my complaint to the ombudsman.

All I'm asking is that they remove the delinquent status and update the late payments to 3 months which I feel is fair eventhough we did have an agreement in place which they stopped us sticking to.

Thanks