Legion Group PCN on Courtesy Vehicle

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2558 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

My wife has got a Legion Group PCN for parking a courtesy vehicle in the carpark at the hospital where she works without moving her permit from her own vehicle.

If this weren't a hire vehicle I'd tell her to ignore, but I'm worried Hertz will hit her with a bill if we don't sort something out.

We've looked at the appeals process and I'm unsure whether to complete it, if so, how.

It asks for an address, which we'd rather not give, it also asks whether she was Driver or Keeper.

Could anyone advise please?

Here's the standard question answers by the way:

1 The date of infringement?

24/08/16

2 Did you appeal to the parking company?

No

3 If no, have you received a Notice To Keeper? (NTK) Did the NTK provide photographic evidence?

No NTK yet, appeals site does have photo evidence

4 Who is the parking company?

LegionGroup (A division of OCS Group UK, Ltd.)

Well, I would still recommend waiting for the NTK to land on the car lease doorstep and then accpet the liability for being the driver when she gets named. Her main defence is that she has a permit and that is that. anything they say about this is actually not their business as the permit scheme is her employers business and not theirs. they merely act as servants to the hospital, they didnt decide to introduce a permit scheme, they dont own the land, they effectively do as they are told and make a few quid on the side rooking ill people. Her employment contract, whcih the permit scheme is part of, trumps their ticket

Reason I say wit is they may not bother following the matter up. Hertz cant force you to pay anything as it is a contractual matter between you and the parking co, not a legal one. as long as they just pass the buck there is no comeback on them, they cant pay it and bill your wife as that isnt allowed, even if they say they can.

• 7 months later...