Sky issue

Surfer01
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2761 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i "think" it was ofcom that imposed that additional securty is required to confirm that it is indeed the account holder requesting to cancel via email and letter and not a password holder and made it the same as anyone setting up an account.

I do think sky need to add an additional option on the info tab on the contact us option to include this and i believe this is something they are working on

However no security protocols when you upgrade and that is virtually instant!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

However no security protocols when you upgrade and that is virtually instant!

Its to do with who can do what.

Only the named account holder can set up an account and cancel it.

A password holder can discuss and make changes. (this relates to your actual account not online password)

As you are requesting a cancellation of a product (HD) and not a downgrade/change thats where the added security comes in.

Anyhoo .......have you got this done yet?

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

• 2 months later...

I've had the same response. I have answered security question emails three times. They still insist I call or they will cancel my cancellation request.

They want to phone in order to pressurise you with the hard sell. They are no better than other [problem] merchants. Stand your ground and don't be bullied, I won't.

• 3 months later...

HD packs work as a service rather than an upgrade, just how it is on the systems. Chordiant - ancient and slow. Anyway, that may be why they ask you to call in. I used to work in call centre, i dont know about your online rights but I know that HD pack works differently to upgrading packages such as sports and movies. And yes the account holder is the only one with permission to make this change - maybe thats where online becomes a bit grey.

• 2 years later...

Today in the post we had an offer of 15% off our subscription if we took up the offer.

I logged into the address given as I wanted to see how it would apply in our case as we have the movies on discount at present.

There was a button that you needed to click and I thought in doing so I woudl be able to get more information and how mcuh the discount would be. T

o see this info I had to log in which I did and on logging in got a message that I had now got the discount and was locked into a 12 month contract and it seems there is no way to cancel this as we do not want to be locked into any contract.

Seems a very underhand way of locking people into contracts as no "Confirm" button or being able to view the discount before confirming.

Can you not change your mind within 14 days under the Distant selling regs?? Now Consumer Rights Act

That is correct, but you are unable to contact them by email so looks like I will need to phone at a premium rate.

no you don't need to use a premium rate

have you got your phone with sky?

why not use live chat too?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

no you don't need to use a premium rate

have you got your phone with sky?

why not use live chat too?

dx

We do not have our phone with Sky. I clicked on live chat when I posted the OP and still no contact up to about 10 minutes ago as it was busy.

yea that's the std one they send out

the next one is 50% off.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It quite clearly explains the deal in the blurb......thats why the start button is at the end.....

15% off your Sky+ TV for 12 months

To say thanks for being with Sky, we'd like to give you an exclusive saving of 15% off your Sky+ TV subscription for the next 12 months when you stay with Sky for another year.

To redeem your offer, select the Start Saving button and enter your Sky iD username and password so we can confirm you're the recipient of the mail and are eligible to take up this offer. Don't have a SkyID or need help with your username or password?

This offer will replace any existing TV offers on your account but won't affect any existing Sky HD, Sky Multiscreen, Sky Go Extra, Sky Broadband and Talk (including Sky Line Rental) or hardware offers.

By selecting the Start Saving button below, you agree to the terms and conditions of the offer and confirm that you're the account holder and authorised to make changes to this account.

Start Saving

Hurry, offer ends at 12.00am on Thursday 8 September 2016.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Having just ditched sky i am drawn to the NowTV monthly sky passes with no contract

Urm...just search YouTube for kodi

Dx

and they

It quite clearly explains the deal in the blurb......thats why the start button is at the end.....

15% off your Sky+ TV for 12 months

To say thanks for being with Sky, we'd like to give you an exclusive saving of 15% off your Sky+ TV subscription for the next 12 months when you stay with Sky for another year.

To redeem your offer, select the Start Saving button and enter your Sky iD username and password so we can confirm you're the recipient of the mail and are eligible to take up this offer. Don't have a SkyID or need help with your username or password?

This offer will replace any existing TV offers on your account but won't affect any existing Sky HD, Sky Multiscreen, Sky Go Extra, Sky Broadband and Talk (including Sky Line Rental) or hardware offers.

By selecting the Start Saving button below, you agree to the terms and conditions of the offer and confirm that you're the account holder and authorised to make changes to this account.

Start Saving

Hurry, offer ends at 12.00am on Thursday 8 September 2016.

I realise the above, but normally before any changes are made Sky ask you to confirm after you see how the montly subscription changes. How else can you see any savings that you may get? At present we are on 1/2 price movies saving £8 a month and al I wanted to see was the if the discount would work for us. Apparently not. The good news is that I have managed to get them to cancel the con.

You can't make this up. After sending Sky a cancellation email, Sky emailed back stating thyat the offer had nto bene applied to my account. A week later we get an email thanking us for taking up the offer and that we were locked into a 12 month contract. I emailed them back attaching the previous emails querying why I was now locked into a 12 month contract. This is the reply;

I understand you have received an email from Sky stating that the 15% off on your Sky TV Package has been applied on your account and you wish to cancel the offer as you do not wish to be in a re-contract period.

I have checked your account and see that the offer of 15% off on your Sky TV Package for 12 months has been applied and your Sky Account is in a re-contract period from 03/09/2016 to 03/09/2017.

I wish to inform you that there is a 31 days cooling off period to cancel this offer and we need verbal confirmation in order to make the changes. I request you to contact our Customer Support Team as they will be in a better position to do the needful.

Click here to visit our My Sky area on Sky.com to view your Sky Account details.

You can also use the Interactive Services on your Sky Box, by pressing 'Interactive' button on your Sky Remote and selecting My Sky. To be able to use this service you will need a compatible Sky Box that is connected to either your broadband or a working landline depending on your box model.

Why do they still need verbal confirmation if Sky has received in writing by email a cancellation notice which was sent within hours of the offer being applied? Surely in the eyes of the law an email requesting cancellation is sufficient especially as the offer was done Online and within 31 days?