Caught shoplifting from The K Maxx **ILR Granted**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2483 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi.

I got caught yesterday at Tk maxx Cambridge as I took a shoe worth £29.

I know it's very cheap of me to do such a thing and believe me I'm ashamed of myself.

The security person asked me to come to a room

asked me to accept what I have done or else he would call the police.

I was frightened and immediately accepted.

told me that I will be banned from any tk maxx store nation wide for 12 months and that I need to pay a fine.

asked for my driving license but I don't have any so he asked for my bank card.

took my name from the card and wrote on a form.

asked for my address and as I was saying the first two line of my address,

he was busy in talking to the manager and didn't asked or wrote my full address.

Then he told me I'll be contacted soon via phone and post to pay a fine.

But he didn't know my phone number nor my full address in London.

Will they be able to reach me?

Shall I be any trouble because of this?

Please let me know.

I will never do such a thing in my life again.

Edited by maroondevo52
formatting

Hello and Welcome,

Sorry it's not something I can help you with but hopefully you will get some help shortly.

Regards,

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi and welcome to CAG

ONE SHOE?? Anyhoo, the deed is done now so nothing to say about it.

Without a full address, the company that TKMaxx use (Retail Loss Prevention) may have difficulty tracing you however, if you have given them enough to find you, there may be letters sent by RLP. IF this does happen, ignore them. there is nothing RLP can do to you EVER.

I would also like to know how they would phone you without a number. Perhaps they are psychic!!

Don't worry about RLP. Don't do it again :roll:

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Don't worry about signing. this means nothing.

We on CAG firmly believe that ALL shoplifting cases should be dealt with by the appropriate people. The Police. They would probably given you either a caution or a fixed penalty notice and that would have been the end of the matter. As this is TKMaxx and RLP, it could drag on for some time, worrying you even more.

While nobody can ever say nothing WILL happen, I can say with some authority that RLP can do nothing. The only people that MAY take action are TKMaxx, except they don't. IF TKMaxx took court action (the ONLY way they could get anything) it would cost them far more than they could ever recover which is why they don't bother and rely on RLP to chase you.

RLP are acting on behalf of TKMaxx and therefore cannot take any independant action other than sending letters or passing the charge on to their pet debt collector to chase. RLP have no power over you and the debt collector has even less. It would be just the same as me saying that I want to be paid for the time have spent typing this!!

Just because you signed a piece of paper, this means nothing at all. They cannot use it against you as it was acquired under duress.

Please read as many RLP threads as you can. A lot of threads just tail off and even though we don't know the outcome of those cases, they would surely be updated if something had gone wrong so as said, read then read some more.

Also, read this.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?448994-RLP-FAQ-s.-What-do-they-mean-Reviewed-September-2015&p=4762870&viewfull=1#post4762870

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Will this be a problem when I apply for my ILR in the next couple of months. Please let me know. My husband will kill me if he find out on this.

Please reply to me. I know I'm disturbing but I am feeling so bad for what I have done.

Hello there.

If you mean indefinite leave to remain, then if the police weren't involved you don't need to mention it.

Do you think there's a reason why you shoplifted? If anything is bothering you, you could go and talk to your doctor.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

no it cant hurt anything

doesn't show anywhere

forget it happened

don't do it again.

totally ignore any letters etc that you might get from the no legal powers lot RLP.

one last point

it is NOT A FINE

they cant FINE anyone only the police can

they were not & cannot now be involved.

end of your problems.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Are you sure that home office will not be able to find out.

I don't know why I did that.

Found the shoes without tag and thought if wearing them and left my old shoes at the shop.

Just when I was out the security person caught me.

So ashamed that I can't say.

They don't have my phone number and neither my full address.

Will they able to find me?

And are you sure there won't be any problem with my ILR application which I will apply in a month or two.

1000% sure.

forget it ever happened.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

he he be good.

don't worry about it ever

if you do get any scary letters

come back here.

we'll put you right!

simply never ever disclose it on any form ever

simple as that.

and they

They don't have my complete address. The security person asked my address and when I was telling him the first two lines, he got busy talking to the manager and didn't anything more. To be precise they don't have the city name or the post code. Just the street name, numerand the local area name. He neither asked for my phone number either. Di you think they will still post me?

Di you think they will still post me?

Even if RLP do post you letters, please follow the advise above and ignore.

You will receive approx. 4 - 5 letters from RLP, unlike a normal debt collection letter you name is inserted into the paragraphs to give the letter a more personal to you touch.

After this you will receive a couple from a Debt Collection Agency and your at the end of the cycle.

Please though continue your life as normal, because no Police have been called, you have no Police record now or in the future regarding this incident.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

There have been two (to my knowledge) where ex (hopefully) shoplifters were worried about getting their visa extended. Both were told that this wouldn't be an issue and they both got the extentions.

I will see if I can find at least one of them.

This is one (albeit from Scotland) where the police got involved yet the poster worked in the financial industry where a clean file is needed.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?444182-shoplifting-primark-scotland-Police-called-**UPDATE-Clean-CRB-Clean-visa-check**&p=4720929&viewfull=1#post4720929

as said you do not ever relate to it

and they

Did they mentioned about the incident in the ILR form?

As far as I am aware, no as there was not a recorded crime. Even though the police were involved, they used common sense to refer the matter to the Procurator Fiscal and it was they who decided that the course was far better than a criminal record.

Your case is different. No police were involved therefore there will be no record of this on any police database and you can honestly say you have no criminal convictions. Even if you did disclose this event on your application form, it is unlikely they would stop your ILR from being issued. Serious criminals get their visa's cancelled and some even get deported. YOU are not one of them.

Is it the Home Office that deals with visa's and the like?? they don't have access to any store data nor do they get to see what data RLP hold.

At the moment, you are worrying about the 'what if's' RLP have to find you first.

If you are feeling overly stressed over this, go see your GP. You can discuss anything with him/her and that is confidential. It may turn out that you have an issue that caused your slip in morals.

So you're saying that I don't need to worry about anything and continue with my normal life. Never in my life I was so stressed as I was today. This guilt feeling is killing me. Please tell me once more that there will be no police, no court cases and no problem with my visa extension.

nope nothing

na da dead gone buried cant hurt you ever.

as I said

you totally forget it happened

well apart from not doing it again...:lol::lol::lol:

dx

and they