ex employer wants accident book statement from me

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2801 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

Just need advice,

My ex employer who i have left 4 months ago called me.

my ex manager phoned me yesterday to ask me if i can write something down regarding an accident that happened to an employee when i was on shift and it was me who wrote the accident report backed by photos of injury and location where it happened in the employer's place.

That employee has taken the company for a claim and ex manager called me to ask me if i can write my version and has provided me with email of a person from an insurance company who i should send my brief email to regarding our discussion on the phone.

The thing is

I wrote a thorough accident report on this accident when the person who had the accident reported it couple of days after the injury at work.

My question is

why am i called to send a brief since i have already written the report and do not work for the company anymore.

Is something i should be aware of,

by sending a brief am i putting myself into something unknown, is it advisable.

what do you think.

Thanks in advance.

regards,

tell the truth as you remember it and you will be fine. I might add something along the lines of it has been a few months and your memory may be wonky, but you'll be happy to review and validate what you wrote i the accident book at the time if they send you a copy.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

I would only submit another written report if asked to do so by the Court.

if your only going to tell the same version if no new evidence have surfaced then I fail to see what submitting a new report will do to assist your ex-employer.

If you have to write something then just write that "My version of events have remained the same as when I wrote my report of the accident, therefore I am unable to assist you further".

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

I agree with stigman. Keep it short and simple and straight to the point. You do not work for them anymore so you have no obligations to them at all unless a court decides otherwise.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

if you have already made a written statement and you dont have a copy of it just write a brief note saying they should refer to your earlier statement as being a true version of events as you saw it at the time. If you have a copy then send them a copy of that and say here is my statement dated the xx of yy and I have nothing further to add.

Insurance companies will try and mitigate any payment they are obiged to cover by any means necessary and any differences between you new statement and the origianl will be leapt upon, which will make it more likely you will be dragged deeper into this matter..