style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2803 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Today out of the blue we got a visit from Newlyns,

we were not home so they posted a letter saying we owe £440 for unpaid council tax.

I have no idea how we got this debt

we have had no prior letters from the council or from Newlyns.

He has visited my home and posted this letter saying he has come to collect goods and if i fail to contact him he will be back in 48hrs.

I would like to contact the council and find out where and why this came about but my main worry is this bailiff and his threats.

Me nor my partner are currently working and i claim job seekers and they have me sanctioned,

we live with our 3 children and would like some advice on how to deal with this bailiff,

will he be back to enter my property? :|

firstly.

its a CTAX debt he has no right of entry at all.

you don't have to converse with him whatsoever.

what is the letter you have?

is it titled notice of enforcement?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

its a bit too late today.

but do you knowwhich council?

if you do

go do this 1st thing in the morning

You need to speak to someone at the Council and ask the following questions:

1 - how many Liability Orders they have against you

2 - the dates they were obtained

3 - the addresses they were for

4 - the period of time each covers

5 - how much each one was for

6 - how much is still outstanding

7 - the dates they were passed on for enforcement

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

And make sure you claim Council Tax relief, on the ground of Zero income, as you are still entitled to Housing benefit if a tenant, and Council Tax Relief, even when sanctioned.

How long have you been on a sanction and did you tell the council?

As stated your entitlement to CTax relief remains, and it could be that the council might backdate and cut some of your bill. Contact your local councillor for help also.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

This is the letter he posted today saying Final warning, As far as iam aware this is my first warning or any knowledge of this debt. Can i not just deal with the council, do i have to deal with Newlyn?

If they have ceased your claim due to sanction you must get the council to re-instate it on Zero income grounds, to prevent more arrears.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I will be on the phone to them first thing in the morning, does this company have any rights to access my home to take goods or can i just ignore him and deal with the council?

They have NO rights. Just keep the door locked, keep any vehicles a good 10 mins walk away and dont even answer the door to them

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I will be on the phone to them first thing in the morning,

does this company have any rights to access my home to take goods

or can i just ignore him and deal with the council?

already answered in post 2

and they

not sure what that letter is

in the guidelines

there is no such letter.

dx

and they

I will be on the phone to them first thing in the morning, does this company have any rights to access my home to take goods

or can i just ignore him and deal with the council?

Once an account is with an enforcement agency, it is extremely difficult to get the council to accept that payments can be made to them. The reason for this is because the regulations specifically state that from any payments made, the enforcement companies compliance fee of £75 must be deducted first and any payments over this sum must be divided with approx 60% going towards the debt to the council and the remaining 40% towards the remainder of bailiff fees.

As the debt is for council tax arrears, there is no right to force entry and the bailiff would need to gain permission from you to come into your home...and are perfectly within your rights to refuse entry.

The letter from the bailiff is very misleading as it gives the 'impression' that the bailiff will take goods from your even in your absence. What this really means is that if you have goods OUTSIDE of the property they can be taken. Almost always, this will refer to a motor vehicle.

Please make sure that you call the council in the morning. Please post back to let us know what they have to say.