CEX Warranty

Phiddius
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2783 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi cag,

8th July 2016, I bought an iPhone 6 from CEX, after a few days it developed a fault, I took it back and on the 14th July they swapped it for another iPhone, ok, fine.

However, the battery ran out of the new phone, and wouldn't charge up, I took that one back, after making me wait for 3 hours they replaced the battery.

after a couple of weeks this new battery has been running out 3-4 times daily, it doesn't hold a charge overnight, and apparently thats not a valid reason for being late to work :) (no alarm)

so, I took it back again, this time, a girl behind the counter but away from the public, who never engages with the public, "the supervisor", obviously hands out her dirty work to be implemented by the counter staff, sent a message,

"the phone has a scratch on the corner of the glass face, we wouldn't have sold it like that, and so that invalidates the warranty, if you want a new battery you'll have to pay for it"

ok, it does, I brushed against the wall on my in to my house, I remember it, and bought a heft case the next day.

hm, I decided not to enter into a public argument with people who are obviously very used to that, the counter is not a service counter but appears to be the front line for battle with customers, I noticed several other unhappy folk there already arguing.

How on earth does a little scratch affect the battery ? duh ! could anyone advise me of the best path forwards? I paid for it by credit card.

thanks

Tell them they have a legal obligationt o fix it regardless of the scratch as it obviously not fit for purpose. IF they refuse, claim under your credit card or get a chargeback going.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

ok, thanks for the replies, yes I think 1st I'll get it checked out by apple, then hand a letter to them at the shop to clarify my position and copy that to one of their directors,

(I found one on CAG) and start a chargeback at the same time, so thanks again :)

CEX offer a two year warranty at no cost. Everything the buy and sell is scanned into their computer. I agree though about not selling with any screen scratches- cracks etc. I had an old Iphone 4 i wanted to trade in. They said best put it onto ebay as they would only offer a fiver for parts.

But that is irrelevant anyway. If you purchased the item only last month and the battery is not holding its charge they have to replace the battery. Cosmetic damage excuse is a non starter for CEX unless you took the back off or had another company do it. You have to give CEX the opportunity to fix first.

Edited by obiter dictum

FWIW, As CEX doesnt have an official complaints process, you could try looking at complaining via that complaint site involved with MSE.

I have one ongoing with them and it seems to get an answer pretty quickly :)

Of course remember section 75 could be of help here...

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis