VirginMedia Contract Period

landlor
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2757 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Friends,

I have gotten into this trouble with Virgin-Media. My contract was for 18 months and a few days before the end of contract I called them to say that am not interested in continuing. I was able to get to speak to one of the customer care after a long wait and she then wanted to transfer me to yet another team for this. I said I will not wait any longer and as I have informed the customer care , whoever picked-up, it is their internal matter how they process my request.

They have now come back with tall bills saying that my disconnection was not done and that I will have to pay for it. My question is

(1) If my contract period ends, I am not bound by anything. They say that I will have to give one month notice. Can this be legally correct and bounding on me that my contract will be automatically extended, if I don't give notice? Also I had moved to Sky and the telephone line was being serviced by Sky.

Calm down, so you've been had by virgin bledia and their non existent customer service skills.

Did you record the call?

You can categorically ignore everything Virgin Bledia send you regarding paying them anythin, less for a claim form, which won't happen.

Start their non existent, tedious complaints process, STAY OFF the phone, keep everything in writing, as they are well adept at ignoring emails, pretty ironic for a telecoms company!

If they ring, laugh and hang up, whatever they wish to convey can be committed in writing.

Do you have this conversation recorded?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Please be wary of simply ignoring anything but a claimform. Virgin bledia WILL report any missing payments to the cra's. So whether they are right or wrong to insist on a 30 day notice of cancellation, they will still trash your credit file.

The customer care agent should have completed a cancellation form, this does not have to be the cancellations team, any agent can do it so your cancellation should have run from the date you called them to disconnect you.

If a sparkling cra file is important to you then i would suggest paying the final bill to keep it clean and then set about claiming anything you have been charged over and above the contractual length back.

Yes its a pain and long winded but if you want to protect your cra file its the safe way.

On the other hand, if the cra is not an issue then ignore ignore ignore until a claimform arrives

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Hey Guys. Thanks for your responses really and look forward to a few more replies.

CRA file is important for me as I have a re-mortgage coming in Dec-2018.

The communication is in writing. In the letter, they admit that I called and informed the customer care about cancellation but did not wait to be put to cancellation/retention team and that's where my fault is for which I have to pay some £200.00.

What is my legal position here? Do I have to give a months notice, even if it is in their T&C? It could just be an unfair term. If contract has an end date, then it ends on that day. Why do I have to inform customer care anything at all?

Im not saying its right for vm to do so but when the contract starts its for a minimum term, as with any other supplier, so they ask for 30 days notice, which, if it were say a 12 month contract, can be given after 11 months.

£200 for 30 days seems an awful lot, remember, everything in your contract is paid for in advance.

In your position if you need to remortgage and keep your file clean, i would advise pay and claim back, they will trash your file otherwise

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Please be wary of simply ignoring anything but a claim form. Virgin bledia WILL report any missing payments to the cra's

Yes my apologies, that isn't very constructive advice, sorry.

As Martin says, if your CRF is important to you, as it is, then the best way forward is to play their game, pay them what they say you owe, BUT have an ongoing complaint lodged with them at the same time.

From experience, they will ignore your complaint, and attempt to palm you off with any old comment such as ''as a GOGW we will refund you 50% of what we took from you blah blah blah''.

Give them the 8 weeks to satisfy your complaint, then you can escalate it to OTELO, if they're still going??

https://www.ombudsman-services.org/communications.html?gclid=CKL0n5jYwM4CFdUW0wod1kcGaA#

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Virgin Media will provide a SAR for free. ask for the call recording.

And they do record ALL calls, inward and outbound

• 1 month later...