This sent for warranty repair came back with cracked screen.

paul4lena
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2782 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all.

My sons 50" lcd TVs developed a slightly faded section on the bottom corner part of the screen within 10 months of purchase from currys. It was still watchable but as it was within 12 months I raised a warranty repair request with knowhow.

The TV was collected and a few days later was contacted by knowhow to say that the TVs fault wasn't covered by warranty as it had suffered damage and the lcd screen was cracked.

I was a bit surprised as the tv was wall mounted all the time and the fault didn't seem to look like a cracked screen.

(I work in IT so I've come across many that have).

They offered to repair the screen but the cost would be similar to a new tv

so I declined and arranged for the to to be returned as I resigned myself to having a tv that was ok

but not quite 100% and puzzled why they discovered it to be damaged rather than just faulty.

However, when the tv arrived back I was rather stunned to find that the tv was now in a very sorry state indeed.

The top edge of the frame was bent up and two large cracks were now visible on either side of the top of the screen as if it had been prised out or into the case where the frame was bent.

When I plugged the tv in to see what it looked like,

the lcd was shattered across the whole screen making it completely useless (I'll post a pic when I suss out how).

I'll be calling knowhow first thing in the morning to try and get a resolution

but looking at their online reviews I may be up against it.

Fortunately I have evidence of the pre repair condition and recorded the initial phone call placing the warranty repair request and checking if I needed to package the tv for collection (which they stated it didn't as the collection person would do that).

I've an extremely strong case for a replacement tv or similar

but would love to have some feedback from you folks as to the best course of action before I start the process tomorrow.

Thanks.

if you wish to upload stuff hit

or simply convert to PDF format and attach the PDF via the bottom right go advance buton then manage attachments.

as for the TV.

looks like you've got 'em then

damaged in transit or WHY

not your problem.

they either need to repair/replace the set for a modern day financial equiv minus say 10mths of useage

or refund the equiv monetary value.

what they 'll prob do is try and repair or give you a voucher to spend in store I bet.

stating the TV is no longer made

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

There is some debate in the motoring forum on gesture of goodwill

Currys and PcWorld, really are at the bottom of the pile on these things. They do everything they can to sidestep their legal responsibility and just don't care about customer satisfaction.

They are the pits and buyers of this type of equipment really are advised to go elsewhere and buy.

Surprise......

I spoke with the KnowHow support this morning.

After explaining the situation they spoke to the technician who looked at the TV.

They claimed that they received it in the cracked stated and I must have broken it.

Unfortunately I don`t have photos of the screen before I sent it off, but as I said to them, the photos would only prove that the screen wasn`t broken when I took the photos.

I do however have a recording of the phonecall I made reporting the fault which clearly describes the original warranty fault (Faded image on corner of screen) and no physical damage.

There`s also a signed sticker on the screen to detail any screen damaged which has nothing described on it.

Looks like I cant post a picture as I`ve only 7 posts and need 10. Any ideas folks.

you don't need 10 posts upload

but do we really need to see them.

why not send them a copy of the sticker that the courier? put on before it let your house

damaged in transit

still their problem

they sent them to get it.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thought it would be interesting to other CAGgers to see the state of the telly that KnowHow thought I`d sent as a warranty fix (and what state it was returned in).

Still struggling to attach a pic though. Been through the doc you kindly pointed too but can`t find a "Manage Attachments" button anywhere.

Thanks Again.

Go advanced below right of the post quick reply box

and they

Hi DX100uk. Thanks for your continuing help. I`ve been going to the "go advanced" page but I`m still struggling to find any "Manage Attachments". Sorry this thread is going a little off-topic now but I`d appreciate if you could help me finish this last bit of my post by adding a pic. I`d attach a screen-shot so you could see what I`m seeing but............

Thanks Again.

When you hit go advanced

Scroll below the msg box and it should be on the bottom left under the additional options banner

and they

morning all

if you right click the little box where he's tried to attach the image, right click and copy image address, paste it into the address bar and it will show up :)

i've been helpful and attached it below

dBRhjae.jpg

i don't work with cracked TV's (can't get the screen for them half the time - private enterprise)

i would personally make a calm and collected complaint by email to sebastion (ceo) sebastian.james @ dixonscarphonegroup.com

in it point out that the inspection certificate attached to the TV shows that the driver did not tick to say there was a cracked screen when they collected it - attach an image of the sticker

i would be fairly confident that they would either collect again and repair, or simply issue vouchers - they probably have several damaged in transits to deal with - they are easily broken after all

to my eye i would say that its not impact damage from the image, this would usually show as a single impact mark, i would look at the packaging they used possibly having impacted on the top of the tv (do they still use those metal trolleys to collect?)

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Hi Labrat.

Thanks for that.

The TV was carried to and from the van when collected and delivered. Who knows how it was transported and packaged in between, good point. I`ll emphasis the sticker too which is another good idea.

I`ve already sent an email to customer services outlining the details but I`ll also sent one to the CEO which can`t hurt.

Thanks again....