Lowell on vanquis card debt - - asking for health info

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2805 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I'm after some advice on a small debt I have with Lowell.

I have offered to make a payment of £10 a month & emailed this offer

to them. I mentioned that the offer was low as I had been off work

due to ill health.

They have replied to say they will accept the offer but they want either

a letter from my doctor, a fitness for work statement, a prescription or hospital letters relating to my condition so they can better understand my condition. I am not at all happy with providing my private medical information to a debt collector for a debt of £450.

Has anyone else every come across this & what did you do?

I would really appreciate some advice on how I can respond.

Thanks.

They are not entitled to any of that at all. SImply provide a basic I&E and give them that. If they refuse to cooperate, drop them to £1 and if theyre stupid enough to even consider court, THEN and only then can you provide your detailed info to the judge and tell them that lowell were ignoring your requests

i would start by sending a CCA request and do not communicate with them any more until its fulfilled.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi,

You are under no legal obligation to supply any personal medical or financial information to any DCA, the only person who can order this is a Judge.

You have not said what the debt is for?

Have you checked that the debt is fully compliant and Lowells have the legal right to collect the debt?

Only ever pay what you can afford, if your off work and on a reduced income due to ill health then pay only £1 per calander month.

Pay only by Standing Order, never pay by Direct Debit or Debit card as the amounts can be varied without your knowledge.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

whats the debt all about

why do you think you owe lowells anything?

tell us the history...

they ARE NOT BAILIFFS!!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for your replies and the information.

The debt is a credit card debt from 2013 from Vanquis that I defaulted on,

stupidly didn't deal with at the time,

fell ill and now they are chasing me hard for it.

They are threatening court action if I don't set up a payment arrangement with them, which I don't want.

So they have asked for the medical info & an I&E or they will continue with the court action & further costs.

I'm not sure what you mean by if the debt is compliant and Lowells have the legal right to collect it.

I'm not sure what you mean by if the debt is compliant and Lowells have the legal right to collect it.

Have you sent Lowell's a CCA request?

Do you have all of the statements?

If not send Vanquis a Subject Access Request to get all of the info,

maybe PPI and as it is defaulted loads of charges to reclaim back.

Do not ask any Reclaim Company to do this, you can do this yourself for free, any help in how to do this just ask away.

Have you checked your Credit File, is Lowell the owner of the debt? Noddle & Clearscore are free.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

and 'they' are not a DCA...

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Registration Number: Z767493X

Date Registered: 03 March 2003 Registration Expires: 02 March 2017

Data Controller: Vanquis Bank Limited

Address:

1 Godwin Street

Bradford

BD1 2SU

This register entry describes, in very general terms, the personal data being processed by:

Vanquis Bank Limited

Nature of work - Bank

Description of processing

The following is a broad description of the way this organisation/data controller processes personal information. To understand how your own personal information is processed you may need to refer to any personal communications you have received, check any privacy notices the organisation has provided or contact the organisation to ask about your personal circumstances.

Reasons/purposes for processing information

We process personal information to enable us to provide a range of banking services to our customers including managing their accounts; promoting and advertising our products and services; managing and supporting our staff; maintaining stocks and shares register; maintaining our own accounts and records; the use of CCTV systems for the prevention and detection of crime. We share personal data for crime and fraud prevention and the apprehension and prosecution of offenders. We also process personal information in the course of selling, hiring or exchanging it.

Type/classes of information processed

We process information relating to the above reasons/purposes. This information may include:

personal details

family details

financial details

education and employment details

goods and services provided

lifestyle and social circumstances

visual images, personal appearance and behaviour

We also process sensitive classes of information that may include:

racial or ethnic origin

trade union membership

physical or mental health details

offences and alleged offences

Who the information is processed about

We process personal information about:

employees

customers

beneficiaries, assignees and payees,

professional advisers and consultants

complainants, enquirers

suppliers

members and shareholders

individuals captured by CCTV images

Who the information may be shared with

We sometimes need to share the personal information we process with the individual themself and also with other organisations. Where this is necessary we are required to comply with all aspects of the Data Protection Act (DPA). What follows is a description of the types of organisations we may need to share some of the personal information we process with for one or more reasons. Where necessary or required we share information with:

family, associates or representatives of the person whose personal data we are processing

healthcare professionals

current, past or prospective employers

educators and examining bodies

business associates and other advisers

other companies in the same group

services providers

financial organisations

credit reference agencies

trade associations and professional bodies

central and local government

employment and recruitment agencies

pension fund administrators

voluntary and charitable organisations

persons making an enquiry or complaint

traders in personal data

press and the media

members including shareholders

police forces and security organisations

CIFAS, ombudsmen and regulatory authorities

debt collection and tracing agencies

fraud prevention agencies

Undertaking Research

Personal information is also processed in order to undertake research. For this reason the information processed may include name, contact details, family details, lifestyle and social circumstances, financial details, good and services. The sensitive types of information may include physical or mental health details, racial or ethnic origin and religious or other beliefs. This information is about survey respondents. Where necessary or required this information may be shared with customers and clients, agents, service providers, survey and research organisations.

Transfers

It may sometimes be necessary to transfer personal information overseas. When this is needed information may be transferred to countries or territories around the world. Any transfers made will be in full compliance with all aspects of the data protection act.

They are not entitled to know only a judge can demand that info:- Vanquis are the pits when you try and be helpful, you should know as you are not a new user havinastella, lets see how much fees/charges are and total, we need to know more info

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

Op. First thing you need to do is send a cca request. This will give you some breathing space

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

To the op, please refer to post numbers 6 and 14 for your next steps, please keep us updated.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

Thanks for your replies. I will get the CCA request done tomorrow. The credit file does show that Lowells are the owner of the debt.

Remember to enclose a £1 Postal Order, send via recorded delivery so you that the CCA request has been received.

Print off proof of delivery and keep safe.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA