Merged debts by Natwest to £21k loan - THey cant find CCA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2795 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

NatWest, who combined them, a you cant do that, combine non CCA with accounts covered by the CCA

is this still paid as one to Natwest

• Confused 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 months later...

Sorry for earlier misinformation,

I have come home and Moorcroft, who are administering our 'perceived' NatWest debt have sent us this letter,

I was certain I had received this back already but reveiwing records it seems it is just the SAR that I got back.

What next, and what does this mean?

Attached now in PDF

Rgds

Moorcroft No CCA.pdf

Just received this in todays post from Moorcroft declaring themselves no longer responsible for the collections on this account.

They have enclosed correspondence from Natwest stating they are unable to locate a CCA preventing them from 'Pursuing recovery' of the debt through the courts.

I have attached both letters for perusal.

Can anyone advise as to what we are supposed to do next?

Sorry admin for continuing this on this thread, please feel free to move it to a more appropriate new thread.

Rgds

Wanda

Moorcroft2.pdf

Natwest2Moorcroft.pdf

thought it smelled

I've made a new thread for this loan

have you sent them an sar

because I can bet your bottom dollar atleast 50 of these merged debts will be charges/ppi/insurance/penalty fees I bet.

when did you take the loan out please

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you for starting a new post dx

These are as you say merged debts, the loan was started in Aug 2008 which now makes up £3900 of the debt, a debt from 1995 (current account) £1700 and the remainder£15,300 from 2003 also current account. The amount showing as Current Account is from a Mastercard which was linked to the account, they obviously made this an overdraft when we hit trouble.

These are the details on our Experian Credit file.

The SAR I submitted (x2) were returned with the postal orders and we were referred to their PPI complaints dept, after a 2 week wait they wrote to us to confirm they have no record of PPI on our account(s).

Rgds

W

Well, dont pay them another penny until they provide a valid CCA. Something they are unlikely to ever produce.

Basically until they provide the CCA, the 21k is legally unenforceable.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I'm loving that ethos Renegade, however, if they continue to default will this ever 'drop off' my credit file and what could the statement 'may take such actions as are legally permitted to recover the outstanding debt' mean at its worst.

the default date is the default debt its set in stone so after 6 years it will drop of your credit file . however they will make the history with 'd' to show account is still in default

doesn't matter what they put in the calendar section

there should be a defaulted date in the debt summary

and that I would guess should around you third short payment.

a debt vanishes from the file on the defaults 6th birthday regardless to any further updates.

and regardless to being paid or not.

the SAR's were nowt to do with any PPI

so what did you send them?

our SAR

they cant refuse it

its a legal document...

and they

I'm loving that ethos Renegade, however, if they continue to default will this ever 'drop off' my credit file and what could the statement 'may take such actions as are legally permitted to recover the outstanding debt' mean at its worst.

At its worst? The only legal actions is that they can send letters asking you if you are willing to pay. Thats it :) Until such a time they produce a CCA, which from your info, would be pretty much impossible for them to do. And they know it.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

yep paid or not.

they are hiding stuff which is why they skirted around the SAR reply.

the current account will be mostly OD fees and interest I bet

the marstercard I bet has PPI

and the old loan too?

ca I just check

they made you sign a new agreement when they merged everything in 2008 was it?

and they

Think you are right regarding SAR, there were charges etc on the joint account, altough they didn't refuse the SAR they called my mobile (no idea where they got the number from) asked what info I wanted all via phonecall and I misguidedly said PPI, not sure I want to request it again though as I am quite happy at this moment in time without them delving any further.

We cannot remember signing a new agreement in 2008, they must have merged these debts when we entered the DMP in 2012/2013.

they cant do that

sar

and they

Hi dx,

Would you SAR and stop payments?

My only worry is they uncover something at this juncture.

I know you are not the 'I told you so types' but aren't the DMP's supposed to check enforceability/legality before setting up arrangements, not trying to pass the buck but at the time my head was not in the game.

Stop payments anyway. They havent complied with the CCA request. It is your choice though if you want to stop payments as CAG cannot condone debt avoidance. But remember, your debt is 100% legally unenforceable until that CCA request is complied with.

And as for DMP's, they rarely every check for legit debts. They just take your money and blindly pay. THe paid dmp's are even worse.

not this is just it

free or fee paying DMC's don't do any checks

they just blindly pay anyone that even remotely appears to be owed money too.

as pointed out by NatWest themselves

they cant enforce the 'debt'

sorry but the bottom line here is you've been had blind by numerous companies.

and they

don't send that please

there is no such thing as being in default of a CCA request and sec 10 etc

is very old hat now.

not sure where you got that from

but its basis is years old.

and they

They wont be able to supply a CCA for this debt. Send the SAR, get reclaiming and breathe a nice sigh of relief