Argos FRS and credit file.

Lyceumhq
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2804 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a quick question about Argos card and their in house debt collectors FRS.

I had an Argos card. Ran into some financial difficulties and defaulted. They sent it to FRS. I went to the CAB and agreed a payment plan which I have stuck too. I have not missed a single payment.

I have no other debt at all, no credit cards or store cards or debt or any kind. I don't even have an overdraft.

Out of curiosity a few days ago I checked my credit file. And Argos have put a default on my file every month for the passed two years.

My question is, is that right? I'm making the agree'd payments and haven't missed one.

Or will this continue to default every month until the bill is cleared and the account closed?

Thanks.

What they are doing is 'updating' your CRF.

This will stay on your file for six years when it will auto drop off, paid or not.

When did you take the card out, and are there any fees/charges/ppi that you can reclaim?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Has the account been officially defaulted??

That is a big fat (D) against the account or just missed payment markers

Normally you enter into an agreement with the creditor they do not default you and just mark your eredit file (AP) as in arrangement to pay.

If you have that (D) on your credit file it will be there for 6 years from when the account was officially defaulted

Did you receive a defaUlt notice from ARGOS?

There's a red D on every month since the first default.

I can't remember when I took the card out to be entirely honest.

I never received anything from Argos.

Not even statements.

I just got a call one afternoon from FRS telling me Argos had passed the account to them.

(I couldn't log into my account online, I just got an error message whenever I tried.

And when I'd call they'd tell me it was s glitch and to try again soon).

Made an appointment with the CAB called FRS whilst at the appointment and arranged a payment plan.

Payment comes out of my bank via direct debit every month.

Bizarrely I have for the last few months received emails from Argos telling me my statement is available to view online.

Edited by Lyceumhq

Then you are stuck with that default until April 2020

Thanks. That's what I was wondering.

I imagine it will be longer than 2020 as the debt won't clear anytime soon and they're putting a new default on every month and have done for the past 27 months.

I just wasn't sure whether that was okay for them to do that given that I am and have been making the scheduled payments.

Nope. not longer at all. Once it has been placed. The 6 year timer starts. And its NOT a new default. They just update the record to say the account is still in default. They are legally obliged to do it.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Nope. not longer at all. Once it has been placed. The 6 year timer starts. And its NOT a new default. They just update the record to say the account is still in default. They are legally obliged to do it.

Thanks!

I assumed it was a new default.

Why is the account in default though when I'm making the agree'd payments?

Because you're not making the agreed payments that you signed when you originally took out the agreement.

I promise you they're not doing anything untoward.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Because you're not making the agreed payments that you signed when you originally took out the agreement.

I promise you they're not doing anything untoward.

No, I believe you! I was just asking.

Thanks for clearing it up for me!

It's better that it's been defaulted and is being registered as such, AP markers are equally as damaging BUT at least D markers auto drop off six years after being placed.

is there a defaulted date listed in the account summary?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

Look on your credit file. Or you can just ring argos up and ask

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

forget the calendar section

look at the summary of the debt

has it a quoted defaulted date?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...