Moving home bt query

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2818 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

have both phone and b/band with bt moving house in 4 weeks so visited bt moving home site no charges to be paid as prop moving to is supplied by bt;however bt say they need to make Credit Checks(no bother) but they say I must sign a new contract for 12 months, my query is, as im being treated as a new customer do I get all the benefits ie. discounted bb etc or is this just another bt trick to keep you with a rubbish provider,

I want to swith but mrs sopwith says no, further they cant provide me with service when I move in. any advice would be appreciated.

if I have posted this in the wrong place would you kindly redirect

thanks

soppy

Hi Soppy

No you should not be asked to sign a new 12 month contract... HOWEVER... If you are taken a new product, EG Fibre / Infinity that you DIDNT have before they may ask you to.

If BT are insistent then I would complain about it.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

when I moved they said no BT connection in property = told yes there is, oh! not recorded = strange I said all equipment with BT all over it! oh! will connect you in 2 weeks =what???????? telephone may be sooner, well 2+ weeks later saw a chap down road possibly doing connection = No another 4 days after chasing and waiting 35 minutes on phone, to-morrow after which fitter will let you know you are on?// no visit, tried later in evening and on line. they are rubbish = no customer service, a complaint later and you get passed to Northern Ireland executive = complaint sorted = get next months bill and you are charged that call to Northern Ireland ( I do not live in NI ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

BT need breaking up once and for all!

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

I moved to Northern ireland and BT tried to get me to sign for a new contract. They also tried to charge me £130.00 saying i had no line at the house and would be waived if i signed that new contract. When you contact BT you are not talking to the home move team but the sales department.

I said thats funny i am looking at a BT socket and a seperate Virgin socket as well. Anyway i signed a new contract as they put me on the BT Basic. Phone up and running a few days later so the line was already connnected to the cabinet in the street and BT were telling lies.

I moved to Northern ireland and BT tried to get me to sign for a new contract. They also tried to charge me £130.00 saying i had no line at the house and would be waived if i signed that new contract. When you contact BT you are not talking to the home move team but the sales department.

I said thats funny i am looking at a BT socket and a seperate Virgin socket as well. Anyway i signed a new contract as they put me on the BT Basic. Phone up and running a few days later so the line was already connnected to the cabinet in the street and BT were telling lies.

As if they would Lie?????????????????//////Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

not having anything extra there was to be no charge for the move but they did say they would send a new hub but I don't need one perhaps this is why they want a new contract

....perhaps this is why they want a new contract

possibly, trying to get you into a further contract. sales pitch. if they want to send a new hub without a new term contract, fine. otherwise, up to you, engage and get the best out of them for going on a further contract?

it appears in the t/c that if you take a new number out of the area ie. not on the same exchange you have to take a years contract for the line, now if that's not unfair trading I don't know what is

yeah, does seem odd

this is one term, note 'except where you are moving home'..

'Except where you are moving home or we have changed your service option under paragraph 22 above, then for all other changes – including downgrades – a new minimum period will apply and any activation charge applicable to the service option you have chosen will be payable'

another one

1. What happens when you move home

1. If you move home, let us know at least 14 days before. You may ask us to provide the Services to your new UK address and unless we can't provide the Services to that address, we'll continue to provide your Services in line with our home mover policy (available on our website at www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/homemove).
    2. For BT Phone Service only: If you move home and want us to provide you with the BT Phone Service at your new address, you may have to begin a new contract with a 12 month minimum term for the new telephone line. We'll tell you about this at the time. If you paid for 12 months' line rental in advance at your old address, you can carry over any unused rental period to your new address. If you haven't reached the end of the Minimum Term for your existing calling plan contract when you move, you can carry the remainder of that contract over to your new address.

bt.com

I must be reading the wrong home movers service offered by bt im taking everything ie. b/b and my bt sport via sky when I complete all the blurb its states that there will be no charge but I will be required to take a 12 month contract on the line

im taking over an existing line but not the number my b/b service and bt sport is comimg as well after completing all the home movers blurb they cant do the job until 3 days after we move {no engineer required) there is no charge for this but I have to have a new 12month contract for the line, or am I doing something wrong. im also giving them 26 days notice

just finished the form on products and services 12month contract require for the line further they have told me to leave fibre hub in current house and cant do the job until 3 days after weve move no engineer require

ive found out by other means than bt the reason they cant supply service on the required date its basically they did not have the service for our new house talk talk did and that's why we have to (I think) have to enter into a new contract. in my opinion as I am being treated as a new customer I should ergo receive the benefits that they afford to new customers

• AndyOrch changed the title to Moving home bt query