Letter received from the Sheriff's Office threatening repossession

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2797 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have received a letter from The shriffs office stating that they intended to serve an order of possession

it also stated that the order had been approved by the court

and that the debt had increased by over £10,000

there was no documentation from the court stating that the order had indeed been issued

equally there was no explanation as to why the debt had increased by £10,000

other than to say it was costs and the claimant was entitled to add interest at £5 per day from the date the debt was incurred.

Is this valid or can I challange it certainly

I do not agree that they can simply stick £10,000 on it any one know what my best option is please

This sounds like a combined writ of control and possession. These are usually issued by landlords and the debt will almost certainly be for unpaid rent. If it is £10,000 then I presume you haven't paid for some time.

Also the possession order must have already been granted for an HCEO to have sent you a letter.

The HCEO will have no input as to what the debt is so the best person to ask about is your landlord. If you have not received a Notice of Enforcement then it may be that the landlord is not enforcing for the money at this stage and is just trying to recover their property. Many landlords wait to enforce for the unpaid rent and they technically have up to six years to do this.

It would be prudent to seek some legal advice as soon as possible and maybe also contact Shelter or your local council for alternative accommodation.