Help with leaving job

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2820 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Firstly, thanks for any input.

I have been with my current company for about 12 years.

Way back in the yonder, I developed back problems, that eventually resulted in a back operation on 8th May 2015 (Discetomy and decompression on L4/L5)

I returned to work on 8th Sept 2015. I was promised a gradual return to work (two weeks at base and light duties)

The two weeks turned into 4 days and light duties went out the window the first week. (I have copies of the work sheets for every job I attended after the operation.

Work was ok until I had jobs that required me picking up heavy motors and pumping units, firstly around Dec 2015, But more importantly April 2016 when my back 'popped' again.

I had the results of my MRI today (yesterday) and the Disc was intact, but the area around the spinal nerve has collapsed and I cannot continue to work as if it moves any more, it could sever my spinal cord and leave me completely wheelchair bound.

I have informed work, that it's impossible for me to return (You have no idea that I want to, its the best job I have ever had)

Now work have been great and want to get rid of me via being unfit to perform the duties they have employed me for, this works for me, as hopefully I can claim benefits from the off.

My problem is, they want to do it softly softly and just get rid of me. I have spoken to a NWNF solicitor and have a major claim for lack of duty of care.

Long post, simple question, Do I have to inform my company I am sueing them?

Thanks

Jogs

If you have engaged a solicitor the first thing they will do is inform your company that he is representing you for a claim against them and they should only correspond via the solicitor. This will be all that is needed as your company wil then tell their insurers to deal with it. All the nasty stuff will come much later and shouldnt be personal but often gets that way so be prepared.