Acenden, Spml, Eurosail, Ge money. Are these all same company?

cruzhughes
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2083 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

read whats been said.

you cant use CISHEET for statint 8%

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so its 4.78% up to the date you issue the claim, then

8% s69 stat interest from the date the claim is issued.

You could simplify the whole thing by using stat interest at 8% from the date of each charge, might be worth running up a separate spreadsheet for comparison before going ahead.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

No cruz, thats a ppi spreadsheet

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Read the paragraph above it, says it can also be used for s69 simple interest which is what you are trying to do in order to compare against what you have already.

on the face of it, using simple 8% gives a higher amount amount and is a simpler argument in court.

I now know which one i would use

That's what I used in post 229 do I need to change the interest rate

Sorry my bad, didn't realise it was headed ppi in the link, thats the right one

yes just rename it as you did before cruz

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I think ive looked at too many spreadsheets tonight.

To clarify, i personally would use the simple 8% sheet, it may be lower in value overall but its a much easier case to argue in court.

Using compound interest means you would have to also argue the merits of Sempra Metals v Inland revenue in addition to arguing the Limitation Act 1980 s32 (1) © inbrelation to charges over 6 yrs ago. Becomes much more complex, is it worth the little extra you may get?

yep good spot

I've noticed that before with mortgages charges

use the staint sheet and go for simple 8%

it comes out as more than compounded OC int

and releases the OP from ever having to justify a restitution claim.

and they

Thanks both I'll go for the lower one post 229?? . I think it's going to be difficult enough with the charges being over 11 years old.. and I would like to make things as less complicated as possible. As For the poc do I need to post it elsewhere to get help on that?

It is SPML/acenden we are talking about here so the simpler the better. Ha. I've done that many sheets I didn't know whether I was coming or going. Is it worth getting it to under 5000 as court claim would be cheaper to issue? Or go in higher and pay the extra to issue to claim?

Post up yr final POC before sending so it can be checked.

If you wanted to keep it under £5000 then remove the 2 legal fee entries, alternatively, leave them in and pay the additional amount to issue the claim.

Bear in mind though that you will be unlikely to get them to agree to refund the legal fees, i included them to give extra negotiating room but you dont have to if you want to keep the total below £5k

In the majority of claims such as these, settlements are agreed at some point without any admission of unlawfulness and as GoGW.

That isnt always the case though, some go all the way to trial and at that point, its 50/50 on whether you win or lose, depends on how well you put your case across, how well they defend, whether you have a judge in a goid or bad mood etc.

You would be wise to have a figure in your mind that you woukd be happy to settle at, this should not be all of the claim amount, just an amount you would be happy with.

There are no guarantees with this kind if action but reading similar threads will give you a good heads up of how things should go.

Not for me to suggest, that one is your call. Assuming here that they start to play ball and begin making offers of settlement, which isnt guaranteed, it will depend how far you are prepared to take things and whether you would ultimately stand up to bring your case to trial. ( if you are issuing a claim you must be fully prepared to go the distance if necessary)

See how things begin to pan out once the claim is issued, they may cave early, they may fight all the way to trial, we simply dont know how they will react which is why it is so important to read read read like threads to educate yourself on what is likely to happen from here on in.