• Tweets

• Update 15th March the eviction notice period expired, and I paid my next month rent along with sending them the message discussed above. After a short while they just emailed me back this dry phrase "Thank you for your email." In two weeks' time I'm gonna need to pay the rent again, and I have such a feeling that shortly after that date the contracts will be exchanged and all the payments will be made.  Now my main concern is, if possible, not to end up paying rent after I move out.  
    • they cant 'take away' anything, what ever makes you believe that?  dx  
    • The text on the N1SDT Claim Form 1.The claim is for breaching the terms and conditions set on private land. 2. The defendant's vehicle, NumberPlate, was identified in the Leeds Bradford Airport Roadways on the 28/07/2023 in breach of the advertised terms and conditions; namely Stopping in a zone where stopping is prohibited 3.At all material times the Defendant was the registered keeper and/or driver. 4. The terms and conditions upon  entering private land were clearly displayed at the entrance and in prominent locations 5. The sign was the offer and the act of entering private land was the acceptance of the offer hereby entering into a contract by conduct. 6.The signs specifically detail the terms and conditions and the consequences of failure to comply,  namely a parking charge notice will be issued, and the Defendant has failed to settle the outstanding liability. 7.The claimant seeks the recovery of the parking charge notice, contractual costs and interest.   This is what I am thinking of for the wording of my defence The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and are generic in nature which fails to comply with CPR 16.4. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made. 1. Paragraph 1 is denied. It is denied that the Defendant ever entered into a contract to breach any terms and conditions of the stated private land. 2. Paragraph 2 and 4 are denied. As held by the Upper Tax Tribunal in Vehicle Control Services Limited v HMRC [2012] UKUT 129 (TCC), any contract requires offer and acceptance. The Claimant was only contracted to provide car park management services and is not capable of entering into a contract with the Defendant on its own account, as the car park is owned by and the terms of entry set by the landowner. 3. It is admitted that Defendant is the recorded keeper of the vehicle. 4.  Paragraph 6 is denied the claimant has yet to evidence that their contract with the landowner supersedes  Leeds Bradford airport byelaws. Further it is denied that the Claimant’s signage is capable of creating a legally binding contract. 5. Paragraph 7 is denied, there are no contractual costs and interest cannot be accrued on a speculative charge.   I'm not sure whether point 4 is correct as I think this side road is not covered by byelaws? Any other suggestions/corrections would be appreciated.
    • Dear EVRi parcelnet LTD t/a evri   evri parcelnet isnt a thing also you say defendant's response which is a bit of a weird format.   Something like   Dear EVRi, Claim no xxxx In your defence you said you could not access tracking. Please see attached receipt and label Regards
    • Welcome to the Forum I have moved your topic to the appropriate forum  Residential and Commercial lettings/Freehold issues Please continue to post here.   Andy
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Pepper UK/engage mortgage/Mars Capital - excessive unlawful fees reclaim+Eviction

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2622 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My friend angel_1 introduced me to this forum and advised i might be able to get some help.

Went to court on 25 March 2009 and Judge granted possession to the claimant adding at the end if we come into a lump sum of money or a buyer to purchase the property that would be our saving grace.

The eviction date is on 24th April 2009 @ 12.30 and was hand delivered yesterday. Is there a min/max amount of notice that should be given prior to the eviction date by the baliffs as this turnaround seems pretty quick.

I am in the process of typing a letter to send to the mortgage company asking for arrears to be added to capital as Norgan Law also incorporating PAP as well. Property has been on market for a couple of weeks so will add this to letter including relevant court law.

What do you think? My friend has also mentioned Ell-enn for advice as she is pretty hot with cases as such. I would kindly appreciate some help please.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks - survivor 13

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ell-enn will probably need some more information

Was this your first time in court?

Are you able to pay the MP with a small amount towards the arrears

Do you have dependants living in the property?

Is there equity in the house.

What was the reason for the arrears and has your situation now changed?

Is your ultimate aim to keep the house or do you just want time to sell?

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

I am in the process of typing a letter to send to the mortgage company asking for arrears to be added to capital as Norgan Law also incorporating PAP as well. Property has been on market for a couple of weeks so will add this to letter including relevant court law.

Thanks - survivor 13

The Norgan v Cheltenham & Gloucester case law is where a judge decided that the borrower could pay off the arrears over the remaining term of the mortgage, the judge decided that this was a reasonable time to pay off the arrears.

It wasnt about adding the arrears to the capital, a judge cannot decide that, its up to the lender.

It looks like the judge you have seen either didnt know much about repossession cases or maybe wasnt having a good day did you offer to pay extra each month to clear the arrears?

There is no time frame with the bailiff giving a date it just depends on how busy they are although its generally not less than 7 days.

Stay strong and you will get help on this forum.

Edited by vickson

Ell-enn will probably need some more information

Was this your first time in court?

Are you able to pay the MP with a small amount towards the arrears

Do you have dependants living in the property?

Is there equity in the house.

What was the reason for the arrears and has your situation now changed?

Is your ultimate aim to keep the house or do you just want time to sell?

Hi Jansus,

Thanks for your speedy response, much appreciated

With regards to your questions -

1. No - we were in court in on 26.01.09 a warrant of eviction had been issued by the claimant - Mars Capital (Victoria Asset Management)

2. The judge ordered in jan 09 monthly payment plus 100.00 for the arrears which we have adhered to. However, we advised about the house going to go onto the market for selling, and also trying to get a remortgage in my name only as at the moment its solely in my partners name.

3.Yes we have 2 children aged 11 and 4 yrs.

4. Yes about 50,000 but we have put on the market with 20,000 less to try and sell.

5. Partner lost his job im only part time, playing catch up however, the situation has improved since and we are in position to pay Mp and arrears

but last year payments were erratic.

6. Idealy would like to keep the house - selling was rather than being repossessed.

hope to hear from you soon

cheers survivor

The Norgan v Cheltenham & Gloucester case law is where a judge decided that the borrower could pay off the arrears over the remaining term of the mortgage, the judge decided that this was a reasonable time to pay off the arrears.

It wasnt about adding the arrears to the capital, a judge cannot decide that, its up to the lender.

It looks like the judge you have seen either didnt know much about repossession cases or maybe wasnt having a good day did you offer to pay extra each month to clear the arrears?

There is no time frame with the bailiff giving a date it just depends on how busy they are although its generally not less than 7 days.

Stay strong and you will get help on this forum.

Hello Vickson thanks for your speedy reply too much appreciated

pls see my reply on post 4 for further info

we had incorporated the Norgan case with our defense in jan 09 however, judge completly ignored it and was more interested how and how soon we could pay the full amount or the arrears

The judge gave us 2 months to sort out a remortgage however our attempts failed as you well know the financial climate we face at the moment

So thats why we opted to sell when we went back to court after the 2 months the judge was not best pleased

He basically quoted what i first said in my first post on this thread.

I left the court in disbelief.

We are now in the process of faxing across proposals to the lender

we want to confirm that we will continue to pay MP and the arrears 100.00 each month and also suggest adding the arrears to the life of the mortgage and then to also quote the Pre Action Protocol as they have never offered to help us in any way shape of form.

we await on your good advice

laters survivor

Hi

We were in a similar baot to you recently and gained a lot of lep from Ell-en. I cannot see why if you are paying the MP and some off the arrears, a judge would not suspend the possession.. are there charges being added that almost wipe out this extra payment. As my understanding is of the Norgan case if it can be shown that you can pay off all the arrears withgn a reasonable time ( and that has been shown to be the remaining term) then the order should be suspended. Ell-en will send you a budget sheet for you to complete and when you do it should show you have a resiue of £100 left per month to pay the extra. If it shows any more then the mortgage company will ask for more so worl it out carefully. Ell-en is a saint and will surely help you when she logs on.

All the best and keep positive.

Thanks martdj for your comments

im sure my friend will check in once the laptop is fired up lol

laters angel x

and continued good luck in your journeys

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Hi Survivor13,

Have you tried bringing your local MP into this? I wonder if he/she could intervene with the mortgage provider? Gordon Brown made enough noises about repossession being the last resort and lenders doing everything to keep people in their homes. I know it's a long shot, but maybe if your MP could lean on them a little?

thanks underdog for your kind thoughts im sure my friend will appreciate it when she logs in tomorrow

nite nite for now off to work in the morning

will catch up with you tomorrow for my own battles got a few letters need to do

laters angel x:)

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

You're welcome, Angel. Just wish I had the legal knowledge to be able to offer more pracical support.

Commiserations with your letters - got a stack to reply to myself. Like flippin' buses, aren't they? All seem to come along at once.;)

Hi

We were in a similar baot to you recently and gained a lot of lep from Ell-en. I cannot see why if you are paying the MP and some off the arrears, a judge would not suspend the possession.. are there charges being added that almost wipe out this extra payment. As my understanding is of the Norgan case if it can be shown that you can pay off all the arrears withgn a reasonable time ( and that has been shown to be the remaining term) then the order should be suspended. Ell-en will send you a budget sheet for you to complete and when you do it should show you have a resiue of £100 left per month to pay the extra. If it shows any more then the mortgage company will ask for more so worl it out carefully. Ell-en is a saint and will surely help you when she logs on.

All the best and keep positive.

Hi martdj,

Thanks for your kind response. I was quite surprised and clearly disappointed with the judge's verdict however we have now recovered from the shock and are prepared to fight with all our might for our house. I am using the bank holiday weekend to thoroughly go through the figures as I keep spotting discrepancies with their figures. We went to court in January £7912.21 in arrears and when we returned in March we were £9572.72 despite paying Jan, Feb and Mar payment + arrears of £100.00. I am now requesting a breakdown of their charges to get a clearer picture of what we owe.

I do sincerely wish you all the best with your fight for your home and remember its not over until the fat lady sings (smile). Keep the faith, best of luck.

Laters survivor 13

Hi Survivor13,

Have you tried bringing your local MP into this? I wonder if he/she could intervene with the mortgage provider? Gordon Brown made enough noises about repossession being the last resort and lenders doing everything to keep people in their homes. I know it's a long shot, but maybe if your MP could lean on them a little?

Thanks for your kind thoughts underdog. I haven't thought about MP intervention however its a brilliant idea and one that I will give serious consideration time permitted. My friend angel has got contact with an MP i'l see if we can arrange an appointment.

Once again thanks

Kind regards survivor 13

Thanks for your kind thoughts underdog. I haven't thought about MP intervention however its a brilliant idea and one that I will give serious consideration time permitted. My friend angel has got contact with an MP i'l see if we can arrange an appointment.

Once again thanks

Kind regards survivor 13

You're welcome, S13. Hope you get a good result; keeping everything crossed for you:)

Survivor

Very few judges will grant possession to the lender where there is a dispute in the level of arrears, usually they will adjourn the hearing to a later date so both sides can prove what you think is the amount of arrears. (usually the solicitors agent sent to these hearings have minimal paperwork- and wont have this to hand immediately)

Get your paperwork in order if this is the case. if the arrears are lower than they were last time you were in court, the judgement may go in your favour, as you will have been seen to be making an effort.

Make sure you point out to the judge you dont agree with their arrears figure.

In any case, dont lose hope.

Survivor

Very few judges will grant possession to the lender where there is a dispute in the level of arrears, usually they will adjourn the hearing to a later date so both sides can prove what you think is the amount of arrears. (usually the solicitors agent sent to these hearings have minimal paperwork- and wont have this to hand immediately)

Get your paperwork in order if this is the case. if the arrears are lower than they were last time you were in court, the judgement may go in your favour, as you will have been seen to be making an effort.

Make sure you point out to the judge you dont agree with their arrears figure.

In any case, dont lose hope.

Thanks vickson,

Struggling to get some decent kip tonite as my mind keeps wandering about preparation of defence, seeing the same judge and so on and so forth. I have now got paperwork together with arrears and fees since mortgate commenced in Jan 2006, tomorrow I will go through figures hopefully spotting enough discrepancies to be able to present a case.

Shold I put this in defence or is less more. I'm hoping to prepare and take defence to court by the end of the week so help would be greatly appreciated.

Spk laters

Survivor

I think you can ask for a more experienced judge to look at your case, it is possible the court will assist in this as they don't want their reposession figures to look bad... believe it or not the courts are judged on how many people they grant reposession orders to and how quickly the repossession actually goes ahead.

I think you can ask for a more experienced judge to look at your case, it is possible the court will assist in this as they don't want their reposession figures to look bad... believe it or not the courts are judged on how many people they grant reposession orders to and how quickly the repossession actually goes ahead.

Thanks for your suggestion sg1, not sure how to go about doing that and the eviction date is looming with almost a week to go. Send letter to mortgage company still waiting for response I guess they will take their time in responding. Angel 1 and I are putting defence together 2mora but need some help in doing this. Any help would be appreciated.

Take care

I Urgently Need Help In Getting Defence Prepared For Taking To Court Before Close Of Business Tomorrow Would Really Appreciate Any Help. Would It Be Possible For Ell-en To Get In Touch And Give Us A Hand With N244 Form And Budget Sheet, Could Really Do With The Help. Eviction Is Next Friday 24th April 2009 At 12.30.

Thanks A Lot:)

Have you tried clicking the red triangle for assistance, S13?

thanks underdog, ive clicked on the scales for survivor she is visiting my home today at 12 ish so we can come online and see if anyone can help or in the meantime leave us some comments or help

cheers angel x

Hi Angel 1

Did you get a breakdown of those charges yet?

Here is a link to the budget sheet you will need:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=7830&d=1239526277

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

hiya ukaviator

many thanks for the budget sheet ive saved it now so she can complete this

i believe she has been looking at the charges on her statements so once here at midday she can update you all

again thanks for your speedy reply

cheers angel x

thanks underdog, ive clicked on the scales for survivor she is visiting my home today at 12 ish so we can come online and see if anyone can help or in the meantime leave us some comments or help

cheers angel x

Best of luck with it - I'm sorry I don't have the legal knowledge to help you.

hiya underdog thanks for your support ;)

she is now coming to my home this eve,,,, but hey its all about learning new stuff, me too,

keep positive got my own battles im still trying to fight too though, its so stressful all this but losing ones home is the far most stressful i imagine

i only know too well last year myself, somehow i and my hubby got ourselves out of the court process by the skin of our teeth, dont want to go there ever again

laters angel x

Hi, I know it's late in the day but, you could try to dispute the arrears if there are a lot of charges.

You could take the line that you are sending the lender an SAR for all the statements as you intend to claim these back. This allows the lender up to 40 days to respond in which case, you need an ajournment until such time you have all the information to hand.

I understand you can claim back up to 12 years on mortgage arrears charges. Anyone, please correct me if I'm wrong on this point?

The idea is to give you more time for negotiation. If you feel this is a route you might consider then I can let you have a draft claim letter setting out the grounds on which you base your claim for charges.

Donate to keep this site open

Any help or advice is offered as just that, help and advice without any liability. If in doubt consult a legal expert or CAB.

Make Cash Flow Forecast