Delivery delay - Car

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2792 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We signed an order form for a 6 months old Ford Focus from a Ford franchise The car was at another branch 300 miles away so they gave us an estimated delivery date of the 7th July but the car has been delayed for unknown reasons (TO ME).

Called them yesterday and they are still unsure when the car will be delivered.

Its not a huge problem although i sold my own car today a i thought i would have had the new one by now so now carless.

Having read their terms and conditions it says that they are not liable for any delays etc... and thats fair enough but wondering if i can get out of this if they cant get it to me by this week.

Hopefully its not been damaged on route :shock:

I have signed an order form that states the estimated delivery date.

I have also applied for finance through them but not the actual finance agreement.

thanks

You can give them say Tuesdays date and make that time of the essence, annotated that non delivery by then will end the contract.

You don't say any deposit has been paid, so no one has lost anything.

Spoke to the manager today and they have said it will now be sometime next week which is no good. Fired off an email with your advice and they have said i can cancel no problem but wont get my deposit refunded.

Is this something they can do?

I paid by card.

I signed order form at dealership

Car sales like this are done all the time, they are move around from sales pitch to sales pitch until someone buy it. This car could have already been sold and they are looking for another to match.

As the promised date of delivery is long past, they are the ones who have broken the contract, not you.

You should tell them that if they don't refund your deposit in full, you will take further action which could include damages.

What type of card was it, Debit or Credit ?

Spoke to the manager today and they have said it will now be sometime next week which is no good. Fired off an email with your advice and they have said i can cancel no problem but wont get my deposit refunded.

Is this something they can do?

I paid by card.

I signed order form at dealership

No, they have not adhered to their own contract. You can do a chargeback on the debit card for the deposit.

• 5 weeks later...

Quick thought.

For something like a ford Fiesta if you get your money back I would recommend that you look at the prices for brand new ones from car brokers ore reverse auction sites as even 4 years ago I was able to get one for my father which was UK main dealer sourced and had full warranty and everything for less than the car supermarkets were offering the nearly new ex rental ones. As a new fiesta is due soon I imagine there are some excellent discounts about.

The site I used was Auto e Bid and the whole process was excellent.