Hidden suffering of the "doodle" dogs

citizenB
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2433 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just stumbled across this article from 2014.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2564373/The-hidden-suffering-dogs-bred-cute-Adorable-looks-Cuddly-names-like-Labradoodle-But-trend-cross-breed-dogs-raises-disturbing-questions.html

Earlier this month, the creator of the first Labradoodle — a Labrador crossed with a poodle — expressed his regret at creating these ‘Frankenstein’ dogs.

The man behind the breed, Wally Conron, said that by inventing the first designer dog in the Eighties, he had ‘created a lot of problems’.

The 85-year-old crossed a Labrador and a poodle to help a blind woman, whose husband was allergic to most guide dogs, find a puppy that did not shed its fur.

His kind gesture fuelled a new, lucrative and deeply harmful industry. The winsome-looking Labradoodle became popular among celebrities, including Hollywood actress Jennifer Aniston, model Elle Macpherson, chat-show host Graham Norton, and Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson.

Mr Conron, from Victoria, Australia, fears he opened a ‘Pandora’s box’. While the Labradoodle remains one of the most successful cross-breeds, some suffer from congenital defects, including eye disorders and hip problems.

I wonder if they hadn't been endorsed by big names as above, they might not have been produced in such quantities !

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

As in the days of Noah, will be the coming of the son of Man. In other words mixing dna between species whether it be of human, or dog is frowned upon by GOD. Even my ex who was also a dog worshipper (Romans 1:23) disagreed with it!

We should not be inter-breeding ANY animals full stop. Sadly though my comments will be largely ignored as there are far too many dog worshippers out there.

I am sure that genuine dog lovers will frown on any inter breeding that causes anguish to the animal !

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 3 weeks later...

Its a crossbreed, no different from any other crossbreed. Cockapoo, springador, labradoodle, are all crossbreeds that seem to be fashionable. Just because you know its parents' breeds, doesnt make it any different. Pedigree dogs have problems too, my god look at the recent gsd that won crufts.

Its a crossbreed, no different from any other crossbreed.

I'd agree with that :)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Not quite like any other, or at least as we used to know crossbreeds because they command high prices. Put any two breeds together, combine the names to come up with something that sounds cute and you have a 'designer' dog. Every breed can have its problems, responsible breeders who give a damn work very hard and pay for expensive tests to try and ensure they only breed from the healthiest and genetically sound animals. This is much less likely to be the case with the new, deliberately bred crossbreeds.

• 11 months later...

I have a 'doodle' which is perfectly healthy, most of the article is about poor breeding conditions which would apply regardless of the breed. I had a pedigree previously which had all sorts of issues with health both physically and mentally having come from a 'puppy farm'. Dogs have been cross breeding for years which used to be called mongrels now they just charge more and call them cross breeds. There are plenty of pedigree breeds that have well known issues with breathing etc and they are just as popular. I am in a facebook group for doodle owners and breeders and ill health has never come up as an issue. Maybe the issue should be people buying dogs in service stations or via facebook than people buying 'doodles'.

Maybe the issue should be people buying dogs in service stations or via facebook than people buying 'doodles'.

Absolutely, if the seller cant provide a physical address where you can inspect at least one of the parents, then there is something seriously dodgy !

BCOBS