Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 42 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast
    Basic Account Holder cruzhughes Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jul 2016

Default Re: Welcome secured loans/charge - now sold to Alpha/Prime -repo received - bal all penalties/PPI/MIF/LIFE/PPI - help

No The payment was made on the 18/01/2017.welcome have said the re purchased back from Alpha.

I have just noticed if you you add the the balance from the bad debt sale on 20/09/2016 which stood at 26,152.32 from 13/12/15 until now to the 2 field agents charge of 51.60 on the 26/01/17 and the 10/02/17 and the referral to solicitors fee 150 on 13/03/17minus the 1.00 for CCA that comes to 26.404.52.

So in retrospect the balance is the charges added to the amount alpha bought t the debt at.

Dx can you have a look at the statements in the original solictors letter I sent you and compare with the one I'm about to send you now as there's an extra column in this one from possession order only just noticed

Site Team Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn's Avatar

Cagger since : Aug 2007

Default Re: Welcome secured loans/charge - now sold to Alpha/Prime -repo received - bal all penalties/PPI/MIF/LIFE/PPI - help

what payment was made on 18/01/17 ??

Help us to keep on helping
    Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.
    Follows
    Following

Welcome have apparently re purchased almost 8000 back from alpha the amount I was awarded in PPIicon from the FSCS. As they don't pay to the customer the take off any outstanding loan balance.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...4&d=1484312125

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...6&d=1491484443

Site Team Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn's Avatar

So 7888.39 should have been taken off the balance that Alpha are claiming in the court papers - is this correct ?

We need to be absolutely sure of this.

Do you have anything in writing from Welcome stating the balance they sold to Alpha in 2016 ?

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.
    Follows
    Following

Yes it should have.

Nothing from welcome in writing about the balance only the statement saying bad debt sold 20/09/2016 very contradictory to their letter Nov 2016 saying sold to alpha in June 2016 on but got in writing about the repurchase from alpha .

But I have it on an email from the fosicon that welcome had sent info over to the. and that debt was sold on 20/9/2016 for 26,152.32

OK, you will need :
    to print out the email from the fosicon stating that Welcome sold the debt on 20/9/16 with a balance of 26,152.
    A copy of the letter from the FCSC showing the compensation awarded
    A copy of the letter from Welcome stating they took back the 7,888

If Alpha are stating in their possession claim that the outstanding balance is still 26 k then the figure they are claiming is incorrect. The outstanding balance should be approx. 18,270

Have I got this right ?

Follows
    Following

That's not a problem at all. I got 3 files full of everything I've obtained in the last 18 months. Lol

You are 100% correct but any balance is to do with Welcome miss sold products and irresponsible lending from 2001 onwards. Can you inbox me an email address so I can send you some sensitive docs please.

42 days have passed from 1st CCA Requesticon and disputing debt letter

28 days have now passed from account in serious dispute letter

23 days have now passed from stand alone CCA Requesticon

Surely that can't be good?

I know you think you have a lot of information that might help you avoid paying this claim but quite frankly the only defence I can see at this time is the one you won't use. So now you have to go with what will keep the roof over your kids heads i.e. enter a defenceicon that the balance is not correct and make an offer to pay something towards the arrears in addition to the normal monthly payment once the outstanding balance has been corrected. This may get you an adjournment while the judge orders the claimant to produce the correct figure, but at the end of the day if arrears are owed the judge will expect you to pay.

The judge will not consider there is an unfair relationship because you think the interest rate is high - he would deem that you had the opportunity to refuse the terms and conditions of the loan if you did not like them at the time of signing.

I'm happy to draft a defence regarding the incorrect balance owed - let me know what you want to do.

Follows
    Following

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since : Dec 2006

do it cruz
    the arguing can continue afterwards

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS
    Click Here To Make A Donation
    If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if necessary
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by phone alert the siteteam
    DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

I totally understand what your saying and agree with the defence.

I have not received any form of credit agreement from alpha and no default notice either. So should I have reviewed these before court papers were issued?

I already realise it's in my name and my house and the problems with that being I would be the one that's owes the money.

Does counterclaiming come after I've filled the defence with regards to the original penalty fees and miss selling of insurances.

Quote Originally Posted by dx100uk View Post
    do it cruz
    the arguing can continue afterwards
    I thought the getting to court would enable me to go at the for the irresponsible lending?? Or is that different time?

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

different court poss diff time.

this is about repo
    its needs to be resolved.
    a repo case is not the time to do it sadly

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by phone alert the siteteam
    DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

I really don't understand I just thought court was court!! Did you manage to look at the new statement I sent you? With the extra balance outstanding column that was omitted on the first solictors letter?

nope been far too busy with a running court claim
    i'll try this w/end

DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Brilliant! Thank you

If you won't say your signature was forged on the loan agreement then you can't use that in court. This is a repossession case - you need to do what is necessary to keep the house - up to you really..........

You are being taken to court because you haven't made payments on the loan agreement, that is not in dispute, it's fact.

Follows
    Following

I haven't received any loan agreement from this new company to date.

How are you going with the defence?

Can you tell me what happens after I fill in everything in online and go to court ?

On looking into things furthers if welcome sold on 20/9 to alpha this would mean that it's 7 months in arrears this equals 1620.43 231.49 x 7

Don't fill it on online - take the forms to the court office (after taking a copy of it all for yourself). You need to complete the income and expenditure part of the form correctly in case you are asked to substantiate it and make an offer to pay towards the arrears each month i.e you pay the normal instalment of 231.49 plus an extra amount towards the 1,620 arrears

I have to go out now but will come back to you tomorrow with instructions for the form and a draft defence.

You wouldn't receive a loan agreement from the new company, the one that was signed with Welcome is still valid - the new company have just taken it over.

Follows
    Following

Thank you

Where on earth have this alpha got the arrears figure of 3,342.42 from?

Even the dates on the rider with regards to deed of variation are incorrect to what is on land registry on the supposedly date the bad debt was sold

Is there anyway I can get a breakdown from this company of how they have got this figure?

They have still not sent me any copies of anything that sent to old addresses. I requested these early march

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details