Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 31
FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast
    Basic Account Holder cruzhughes Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jul 2016

Default Re: Welcome secured loans/charge - now sold to Alpha/Prime - bal all penalties/PPI/MIF/LIFE/PPI - help

Makes absolutely no sense to me either.

I was hoping you'd be able to decipher that?

Your guess is a good as mine. ��

How's the letter?

Have I covered enough?

Seems to me they received the CCA Requesticon and passed it all over to a solicitor..
    , why would they do that?

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since : Dec 2006

Default Re: Welcome secured loans/charge - now sold to Alpha/Prime - bal all penalties/PPI/MIF/LIFE/PPI - help

not got the brains at present

no that letters' not really up to it
    i'll see later.

dx

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS
    Click Here To Make A Donation
    If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if necessary
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by phone alert the siteteam
    DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Much appreciated as always. Not my strong point letters.

What's the likelyhood of this company going for repossesion. I'm a bit concerned now I've had the solicitors letter. And they've only given me 7 days in which to respond. That's Friday the 14th

Do I also need to get the complaint letter like I sent to welcome off to alpha now too?

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

yea that'll do fine

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by phone alert the siteteam
    DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

What will do fine. Im worried about the repossession threat. I'm still waiting for you to edit the letter post 300 and the draft on 319 you said they weren't up to scratch and you needed to look through them. Thanks in advance

your original complaint to welcome will suffice well.
    send that

DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

So send post 300 to alpha? And wait for you to help out on solicitors one is it?

Alpha draft headed account in serious dispute is this ok to go?

I wish you to consider the removal of a charge dated 19/10/2006 that you now hold against my property by a Deed of Variation dated 17/09/2016. Copy enclosed.

The history behind this loan are as follows:

On 11/10/2001 I took out a loan ... for 7369.39 which had 1473.22 PPIicon and 130.00 Medicare added to it

On 10/06/2003 this was rewritten to .. for 9809.68 and 1804.68 PPI.

On 31/03/2005 this was rewritten to ... for 11423.67 and 1108.79 MIF.

On 14/07/2005 this was rewritten to ... for 13886.71 and 1352.87 MIF.

On 29/12/2005 this was rewritten to ... for 14792.00 and 1442.59 MIF

On 31/10/2006 a new loan was taken out ... for 8019.62 which had 1485.75 PPI, 180 life-care and 125 homecare with 2768.59 interest added to it.

On 03/04/2007 this was rewritten to ... for 14602.15 which had 2425.15 PPI and 175 personal accident plan with 3339.03 interest added.

On 05/10/2007 this was rewritten to ... for 26741.20 which had 4506.20 PPI and 10342.54 in interest added to it.

On 30/08/2008 this was rewritten to ... for 30514.32 which had 2307.70 PPI added

Each of the above loans either had PPI, Life Insuranceicon, MIF, Medicare or personal accident plans added to them. Costing me several 1000 on each one.

All of the above were forced upon me by a company called progressive/welcome finance. However the total of all these with regard to the rolling interest charges too far outweighs the sum secured by the charge against my property.

I feel it was very irresponsible for to this company to have been constantly refinancing these loans [9 times - some no more than 4 months apart] on the basis they were more affordable, when each loan was already in arrears with numerous additional penalty charges already levied.

I politely request that you remove the legal charge you hold and null any remaining outstanding balances due to this history of their Irresponsible Lending.

So thus coming to a simple resolution for both parties, without the need for extensive involvement of the fosicon/FCA/ICOicon etc nor court cases.

I wish to avoid the above said actions, because this could become a very messy situation for all involved.

I also started investigating the irresponsible lending complaint concerning the above company before this debt had been sold to yourselves. I am now in contact with the FOS and the FCA regarding this.

They have mentioned their hands are tied due to welcome entering in a scheme of arrangement. But in any other circumstance they would be fully investigating and they are keeping everything on file until I contact you the purchaser.

I thank you for you time on this matter and look forward to hearing from you within 28 days.

Regards

Do I wait on the response from alpha to CCA before I send the letter above I sent it on the 9/3 and they signed for it on the 13/3 so if its 14 days from date signed for then. I should have a reply on the 27/3 week today?! Or should I just send it anyway

i'll try and advise if I get time cruz..

dx

DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

It's the solicitors I'm more worried about and I need to get something into them by Friday 14th

Sorry typoicon error solicitors letter has to be in by Friday 24th March as they sent letter out on the 17th and have given me 7 days to Respond.

So draft on post 319 as far as I've got for solicitor if you could have a look I'd be more than grateful. Thanks

Really need some points for solicitors letter as it needs to go in post thurs.

I'm rather worried now to tell the truth.

you don't need to write to the solicitors at all
    they can only be instructed
    not take action on their own
    ignore them and their time limits.

their client alpha are your target.

I write in reference to various letters from yourselves and your legal representative dated between xxx date and xxx date.

I politely suggest you gain my full file from welcome finance and study it very carefully.

The debt and its subsequent legal charge dated 19/10/2006 that you now hold against my property by a Deed of Variation dated 17/09/2016,
    is in serious dispute, with various complaints concerning with the fosicon, FCA, ICOicon and the FSCS.

The history behind this loan are as follows:

On 11/10/2001 I took out a loan .... for 7369.39 which had 1473.22 PPIicon and 130.00 Medicare added to it

On 10/06/2003 this was rewritten to ... for 9809.68 and 1804.68 PPI.

On 31/03/2005 this was rewritten to ... for 11423.67 and 1108.79 MIF.

On 14/07/2005 this was rewritten to .. for 13886.71 and 1352.87 MIF.

On 29/12/2005 this was rewritten to ... for 14792.00 and 1442.59 MIF

On 31/10/2006 a new loan was taken out ... for 8019.62 which had 1485.75 PPI, 180 life-care and 125 homecare with 2768.59 interest added to it.

On 03/04/2007 this was rewritten to ... for 14602.15 which had 2425.15 PPI and 175 personal accident plan with 3339.03 interest added.

On 05/10/2007 this was rewritten to .... for 26741.20 which had 4506.20 PPI and 10342.54 in interest added to it.

On 30/08/2008 this was rewritten to .... for 30514.32 which had 2307.70 PPI added

Each of the above loans either had PPI, Life Insurance, MIF, Medicare or personal accident plans added to them. Costing me several 1000's on each time.

These were forced upon me by progressive/welcome finance staff.

The total of all these, along with the rolling interest charged upon them, far outweighs the sum secured by the charge you now hold against my property.

It is also to be noted that Progressive/Welcome Finance acted irresponsibly toward me,
    consistently and constantly allowing me to refinance the initial loan some 9 times
    - with little or no affordability checks and in many instances no more than a handful of months apart.

Each loan was already in serious arrears at each refinance,
    each time contained numerous penalty charges for all manner of 'indiscressions' like penalties for writing a letter, being in arrears, being late to pay, sending debt managers, use tracing agents, making telephones call and various other penalties. Again if all these and their interest were to be taken into account, this even further far exceeds the sum outstanding.

I hereby suggest a simple resolution for both parties, without the need for further extensive involvement of the fos/FCA/ICO/fscs.

The above have all mentioned their hands are tied due to welcome entering in a scheme of arrangement.

However each have indicated in other circumstance they would be willing to fully investigate my claims and they are keeping everything on file until I have contacted you the purchaser directly with the following recommendation.

I politely request that you remove the legal charge you hold and null any remaining outstanding balances due to this history.

I thank you for you time on this matter and look forward to hearing from you within 28 days.

I politely point out that any legal proceedings will be vigorously defended and the above WILL be entered as a counterclaim to such.

I think you for your time.

please note my change of address
    I have not lived at the property for xx years
    and despite numerous letters advising this
    it has never been updated.

DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

I cannot thank you enough for the letter. It's brilliant. Thank you

Shall I wait until sat 24/mon 27th march to send it as the time is up for the reply to CCA Requesticon then and they would be in default of that too or send it now? I also added that I wanted copy's of anything sent to old addresses re sent to correct address.

I don't believe I have everything cos the ex wife doesn't pass stuff on all the time. More than likely goes in the bin. She only mentioned excel as they went to the house.

I've also sent a letter to solicitor with correct adress. Didn't put anything else on that though.

excel?
    first you've said about them
    what was it a letter?

DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

It's on posts 188 to 191, 213 and 227 about excel.
    Went to marital home twice and left the letter.
    PDFicon on there too

All hotting up here today letter from prime.

Thought it was 12 + 2 for CCA Requesticon.
    Says 28 days on this letter.

I've also had 3 calls on the bounce and instead of an automated service a real person leaves a message.

Didn't think they were suppose to contact when it's in dispute??

They've also got address slightly wrong on letter it's Row and they have put road!! Lol

They want my signatureicon confirming new address too

Attached Files

This is what I sent alpha on the 8th march

Dear Sir or Madam,

You have recently tried to contact me regarding the account with the above reference number which you claim is owed by myself. Using Excel Collection and Enquiry Services LTD at an old address of xxx which I have not lived at since Jan 2014. Further to this you have also written to me at xxxx which I have not lived at since May 2016.

I have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to Alpha Credit Solutions 4 S.A.R.L

I have familiarised myself with the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) consumer crediticon sourcebook which states the following rules.

"A firm must not ignore or disregard a customer's claim that a debt has been settled or is disputed and must not continue to make demands for payment without providing clear justification and/or evidence as to why the customer's claim is not valid." 7.5.3

"A firm must suspend any steps it takes or its agent takes in the recovery of a debt from a customer where the customer disputes the debt on valid grounds or what may be valid grounds." 7.14.1

"Where a customer disputes a debt on valid grounds or what may be valid grounds, the firm must investigate the dispute and provide details of the debt to the customer in a timely manner." 7.14.3

In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore, ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above accounts unless you can provide evidence as to my liability for the debt in question.

This letter is also a formal request pursuant to s.77 of the consumer credit Act 1974. I require you to provide me with a true copy of the credit agreement relating to the above account, together with any other documentation the Act requires you to provide.

I expect you to comply fully and properly with this request, within the statutory time limit. You are reminded that should you fail to comply with my request; the provisions of s.77(4) will apply.

If it is your view that you are not the creditor, s.175 of the CCA 1974 applies in the case of a simple assignment, and places a duty upon you to pass this request to the creditor. In the case of an absolute assignment, you are a creditor as defined by s.189. If you contend that you purchased the rights but not the duties of any agreement, you are reminded that s.189 of the Act is clear that an assignment is of both rights and duties.

Your attention is drawn to ss.5 (2), 3(b),6 and 7 of the Consumer Protection From Unfair Tradingicon Regulations 2008 (CPUTR).

I enclose a postal order in the sum of 1.00, which is the statutory fee. Note that these funds are not to be used for any other purpose.

If you are unable to comply fully and properly with this request, you should confirm this in writing at the earliest opportunity, and certainly within the statutory time limit for compliance, and return the fee.

I politely request you update your records with my new address at the top of this letter with immediate effect.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

And I also sent a SARicon to welcome at the same time.

I know I already have one but the one I had was in March/April 2016 so a lot has gone on since then so it would be interesting to find out more.

Also another letter headed account in serious dispute to welcome and questioned where the FSCS money has gone? And basically saying what the FSCS said about purchasing the debt back. And request they do that and null everything

Waiting game for all that

ah yes sorry excel was panicking then as they are bailiffs but now I remember powerless DCAicon.

there nothing that really stops anyone doing anything even under dispute,

as for the CCA Requesticon
    it is 12+2 working days

now not having that would hurt them for now.

DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Am I better off holding on to the letter you've just done until that times up and see what comes first? And I don't speak to them on the phone do I?

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details