2 Year Old Faulty Macbook from Curry's - Came Back From Repair Broken

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2843 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Hopefully someone can help me here!

I bought a Macbook from Curry's through Creation Finance approx 24 months ago. The keyboard and trackpad stopped working and I took it to Apple who provided me with a report that it was the logic board that needed replacing and they told me to go through Curry's to get it repaired under EU Laws.

I did this and Curry's said they would send it off and repair it which was great. They had it for about 3 and a half weeks and I went to collect it today and the Macbook doesn't even turn on. Ive charged it up etc and its just completely dead.

I rang Curry's again and they said all they can do was book it in for another repair.

Do I have any other options here? Can I claim under section 75 through my credit company?

Thanks!

Hi

As you bought this before the new Consumer Rights Act came in last year, this is covered under the Sale of Goods Act which unfortunately means they can have another go (not 100% sure of that but I believe I am right). If after that it still doesn't work then you can reject and get a partial refund. you will not get the full price back nor will you get a new model. This is because you have had 24 months of 'enjoyment of the product'.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Following on from above there is a general 3 strikes and your out rule where they can attempt to reoair the same fault 3 times before you can insist on ut being replaced, although if it got that far, as previously stated above, you woukd not be entitled to a brand new replacement but a like for like and probably refurbished one

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.