Rlp/TKmaxx ..letter before claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2708 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hehe that's a laugh a minute.

ignore

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

No need to convert it as it is quite big and it is a letter I have seen time and time again. All the bovine excrement spouted in that letter means bu**er all. RLP cannot do anything-ever!

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

And if they did court they would probably lose.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

They say they they reach the dreadful conclusion that you are an out and out villain ( I paraphrase)

Funny- they are the only people to think this and they are the ones who benefit financially.

Notice something odd about that?

Ingore them, they rely on guilt and ignorance to make a living

They don't do court since 2012.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I've read a fair few posts about ignoring these letters and all but would like to know if my situation is any different.

I set off the security things on my way out from work one night (I used to work at TkMaxx)

and we couldn't find what set the beeping off.

I later phoned back to say i'd found a soft tag that i'd been playing with stuck to my magnetic name badge.

The only thing bothering them was that i had a top in my bag that i had no receipt for.

The last purchase i made was for a grey vest and the top i had in my bag was white with black sleeves.

i had had an accident with makeup in my bag and rolled up this vest with the top i grabbed from home to protect it as i was intending to return it....

long story short (and the details dont particularly matter)

they dragged out this 'investigation' for about 2 weeks,

during which i was obviously suspended. my anxiety was through the roof.

during my final disciplinary he had said to me that he did not feel that i had sufficiently explained the incident

and that based on those grounds he was going to dismiss me for gross misconduct.

he did not once say 'yes we believe you have stolen it' or 'yes we are 100% certain you have stolen'

he just said he didn't feel my explanation was good enough

I might say you have been unfairly dismissed,

now I work on self scans and sometime place the tags on my trousers,

that's the soft tags,

and have triggered the alarms as I'm leaving the store

Sometimes we find them, or don't, there no questioning me, as they understand things like this happen

With regard them accusing you of theft in a kind of a way..

..I was subject to a spot check as I was leaving the store,

I had items in my bag t-shirt which I had bought during the summer,

my manager briefly asked me about them, and that was the end of it, no accusing me

Have you ever thought about seeking legal advice,

just to see if they would have a case to answer for,

so for instance, you being told, you're being fired for gross misconduct..

.. I would like to see them justify this in a employment court

• 2 weeks later...

I have thought about seeking legal advice but truth be told i'm terrified.

If RLP is just about scaremongering then it's working.

I'm absolutely terrified of being judged by a solicitor and absolutely terrified at the thought of this going further.

Other people have beeped on the way out and have been fine.

It's only me that they've treated like this (to my knowledge)

I've received another letter, I will attach it to this message.

I'm seriously freaking out.

I have a good job now that I enjoy which is also an apprenticeship so im learning too.

...i dont want something to come and mess it up

I've literally just found what I want to do with my life....

IMG_20160902_180926.jpg

Stop worrying. For God's sake.

Rlp cannot do ANYTHING. Nothing at all. Nadda zilch zero.

They are lying to you big time with every word they say and you keep believing them

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

unless you have done it offline

you've not read one other RLP thread here.

if you had read other threads

you'd have seen that letter in atleast 3 threads here dating back as far as 2013.

those went no-where yours will go nowhere

forget it

go get on with your life

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Please understand this. It is in RLP's best interest to scare you. If you read around the RLP forum you will see that none of the cases on here since 2012 have ever gone to court. On the balance of probabilities, there should have been quite a few threads where the OP has come back and stated they have received court papers. Strange that nobody has. IF RLP were sure of their case, they would tell the stores they act for to begin legal action and they will act for them as they have a solicitor on board. I wonder why they don't?

Actually, I do know why they don't. It's because they have no case, no proof, nothing. All they have is the say so of some jumped up wannabe copper who was not good enough to get accepted so became a security guard to feed their need to be 'special'. Special needs more like. Don't get me wrong. There are some security guards out there that are a credit to the name. It just seems some have no idea.

If you want, I will find every RLP letter I have saved from CAG then post them up here for you to see and if you look in the stickies on this forum, I have made a post about what they really mean.

It is in YOUR best interest we say these things. It is up to you to believe us or not. We cannot force you. I have been on the RLP forum for quite some time. The reason being that I don't like people screwing the vulnerable without good cause. RLP and their ilk are a total waste of space.

Sorry for the rant :-x

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

I'm absolutely terrified of being judged by a solicitor and absolutely terrified at the thought of this going further.

A solicitor has no standing or authority to judge anyone. If you read the letter again, there is no mention of court action, only that they will pass the matter on to their tame debt collector. This outfit will have even less power to take any action and can either be told where to go or ignored as you see fit.

If RLP had any intention of pursuing a claim through the courts, they wouldn't bother with a DCA.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

The letter is a joke, as in a baseless threatOgram with no legal basis,

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

i would respond by saying "go on- sue me then you cretins but as a pre-action protocol please show me the authority you have from TK Max to do so in their name"

seriouly though, the letter si just bog paper and doesnt actually say anything at all other than please send us some money without explaining why they deserve it.

• 2 months later...

Hi all, have not received another letter since my last post

however have had 3 voicemails left by 'County Collections' ??

Their website claims they will try every avenue to recover a debt: telephone, letter, home visits and eventually legal action...

.. Just wondering if something has changed as I was told it would be a different debt collector and also I don't think it's random that I get 3 calls from the same people...

They probably hired another dca. Since its by phone ignore it. They can't and won't do anything at all. It's been years since Jackie took anyone to court

There wont be any home visits, and if there is they have no authority at all. Your next door neighbours cat has more authority to come to your house than they have.

Since you've moved and they dont have your details, IGNORE them even more. They cant discuss anything with the occupants of the previous home as it would be a breach of the DPA.

Also, there is no debt, so they're already on to a loss. They know this, and hope you dont which is why they keep pestering and youre starting to fall for it.

Neither RLP or their silly DCA can do ANYTHING. Ignore them and get on with your life.

Okay,

I know everyone has told me to ignore it but I can't escape that niggling feeling that my situation is somehow different and by ignoring I'm making it worse for myself.

I don't want any trouble with police or courts etc......i just want it to stop.

I try to get on with my life but everytime I feel like it could be done with i get a letter or in this case a phone call and I'm reminded it's not.

I just don't want my previous housemates to give them my new address so I can have them knocking here -

.- it's been ages since they last contacted me so why are they even bothering with a DCA??

Or is it just more scare tactics in the hope they'll get paid?

I didn't do anything,

I don't owe anyone anything.

But I can't help feeling terrified anyway

How is your situation any different to the hundreds if not thousands of others over the last few years?

newsflash, it isnt. Thats is exactly what jackie relies on in order to scare you into paying.

just IGNORE THEM.

If anyone phones you, block them, play loud music down the phone, or have a read of harrison vs link. Especially since you havent done anything and theyre harassing you,

just remember

theres no debt its not a debt anyway

and ofcourse a DCA is NOT A BAILIFF

ignore them totally - no legal powers whatsoever

if you were a little more confident i'd suggest answering the phone and winding them up

cause after 2-3 mins on the phone

you'll soon realise the utter [un]legal rubbish they come out with.

it really funny when you know they cant do stuff all.

record the call mind as we'd love to listen to it if you do

and I bet the FCA would like a copy too to prosecute them for telling lies

and they

mobile phone? block the number and report to your service provider as spam marketing.

Better still, pay me a million quid and I will make it all go away for you. That is basically what they are asking for but a more affordable amount to make you think that they somehow have worked it out. The truth is that people will pay up if it is under £200 so they pitch in anywhere between £100 and that. Over £200 and people wquestion why they should pay, under £100 and it isnt worth their while chasing the ones who dont believe in fairies.

Totally agree with what has preceded me. RLP use whatever company they can use. I would suggest that other DCA's know about their tactics and won't work for them hence the reason you get a barrel feeder instead.

The others have given you options to stop the calls. There is another way but one I don't recommend. Email them and tell them that you owe nothing and if they continue this harassment further action will be taken.

In the contact us option on the website you have to leave an email address. You could set up a new email addy and give them that.

If it makes you feel better about ignoring them, if someone had paid but tag not disabled and receipt in purse, bleeps at door security take person to back room etc, receipt is found RLP would probably demand money off them as well. Don't beat yourself up over these chancers whom the Oxford case blew out of the water.